You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Friday the 13th

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Born on the 13th so really can't be superstitious
  • edited September 2013
    I Voted NO..........But I did fall off a ladder once..............

In hindsight.......It probably would have been easier to walk under it :)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Friday the 13th:
    I Voted NO..........But I did fall off a ladder once.............. In hindsight.......It probably would have been easier to walk under it :)
    Posted by POKERTREV

What were the implied odds of this?  I guess it was my own fault though, recklessly walking under a ladder.  I was minding my own business when all of a sudden I was hit by a falling poker player. 

• edited September 2013
    It would be tempting fate to answer!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Friday the 13th : What were the implied odds of this?  I guess it was my own fault though, recklessly walking under a ladder.  I was minding my own business when all of a sudden I was hit by a falling poker player.   
    Posted by aussie09
    the local newspaper ran the story, "post-flop donkey ladders down."

• edited September 2013

Strange isnt it that as poker players we are all aware that both good luck and bad luck happen and there is nothing we can do about them. And yet we try to give luck a physical manifestation in the form of superstitions in order to alter it. Nothing we can do will alter the luck that is coming because it is just that luck.

I know we all do it( me included). Things like shouting at our monitors for certain cards to come in or not depending fully aware of the fact that we can not alter it in anyway. But some part of us deep down believes we can alter fate in our favour by doing totally unrelated activities

And on a side note how can a rabbits foot be lucky, wasnt exactly lucky for the rabbit
  • edited September 2013
    a mate of mine has slipped on a banana skin; he has also dropped a full pint on the the pub and had it 'land' with only a drop spilled. guess these things bslance out...

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited September 2013
    I do wear my fav pants when i play poker, but like my game they're full of holes and leaks and i'm very rarely all-in ! :-)
  • edited September 2013
    i think this free role is a fix to be honest, i check some the ppl thats regt in it an its the only game there in they arnt playin any other games sky poker is a fix to be honest, an i put lots money in till poker ats wild 
  • edited September 2013
    this is wild seriously the sky poker marketing is in charge of the free role an its set up wrong i play every day an i havnt got any entrys or emails for free roles an every 1 in the free role barely even play ats not right atalsome 1 should get this sorted, an im quiting sky all together be cause of this sky bet sky poker sky tv the lot im changing be cause of this its not right atal scam if you ask me 

• edited September 2013
    this is wild seriously the sky poker marketing is in charge of the free role an its set up wrong i play every day an i havnt got any entrys or emails for free roles an every 1 in the free role barely even play ats not right atalsome 1 should get this sorted, an im quiting sky all together be cause of this sky bet sky poker sky tv the lot im changing be cause of this its not right atal scam if you ask me 
    Posted by johnboy121

your just right john you play alot an you didnt get a invite its fixed alryt 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Friday the 13th :   your just right john you play alot an you didnt get a invite its fixed alryt 
    Posted by dhla
    u would fink the would invite u like u play alot an u invited me an tom an paddy to sky poker an they wouldnt even invite u till a free role if u ask me delete ur sky account not just poker tv fne broadband the lot theres other places that look after u better 

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Friday the 13th : u would fink the would invite u like u play alot an u invited me an tom an paddy to sky poker an they wouldnt even invite u till a free role if u ask me delete ur sky account not just poker tv fne broadband the lot theres other places that look after u better 
    Posted by dhla
    eye fink tis for peeps wiv a hi Q bigga dan 53 so dats me n yooz knacked eh bro????
  • edited September 2013
    there not inviting any body theres over 500 seats left at wild

• edited September 2013
    there not inviting any body theres over 500 seats left at wild
    Posted by johnboy121
    Could it be these 500 were offered to eligible players but for what ever reason cant take part/dont want to/missed the email? Guys your not getting in as you are not part of the targeted market im assuming. Sky offer plenty of other freerolls, like the daily £500 one and promotions not matched by any other site IMO.