You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney?

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Thought you might!

Heres the deal, but bear with me, it's a bit convoluted.

Tonight, there is a £5,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter at 8pm.

Highlights, & your "Hand Requests" from Tonight's Tourney, will be recorded in a Show that Lisa & I will record this Friday, the "Sky Poker Xmas Special".

And in that Show, Producer Chris has given us a bunch of Invites to dish out for those who send in Hand Requests that we show.

The Show will air on Christmas Day, & the ONLY WAY you wil know if youi have won an Invite to the exclusing, Invite Only, Santa Sack Tourney to be played on December 27th is to WATCH THE SHOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

All clear?

Any questions, just ask.

Good Luck.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    how many is a bunch and who picks the ones to show
  • edited December 2009
    gutted, i have a big pool final tonight so wont be able to play poker till late on, meaning looks like i am gonna miss out again
  • edited December 2009
    "I Love Sky_Elf!"

Oops, wrong thread...
  • edited December 2009
    i won entery to it today so im in.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Boss,

I have been asked by the Gods at Sky to be a home player for tonights tourny, I never turn down a free game, look forward to speaking with you Friday.

Loyal Servant

Shanker1974
  • edited December 2009
    I'm in it - courtesy of the omaha freeroll - not bad saw about ten flops in 80 mins to finish in the top 5!

I may see a few more this evening and if any are good you will know!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney?:
    Hi Boss, I have been asked by the Gods at Sky to be a home player for tonights tourny, I never turn down a free game, look forward to speaking with you Friday. Loyal Servant Shanker1974
    Posted by shanker197
    was you not home player on sunday - you sky des brother lol
  • edited December 2009
    Hand number: 214485079
    Date & time: 2009-12-14 21:30:35

I got VERY lucky - again!
    I could annotate it for you but I think that it speaks for itself!
  • edited December 2009
    214456817 (20:18 14/12/2009) - buy one get one free!

214465890 (20:41 14/12/2009) - two cards for 1BB to get ahead! (and take a head ;-0 )

• edited December 2009
    hi there,i feel i should be invited into the tourny after the way i finished 2nd tonight in the 5.5k bounty hunter.i thought i played a solid and very strong game,to get done over the way i did was heart breaking.nah only kidding,i should of won the hand and doubled up and won the tourny but the guy that won played very well.i would love to get an invite into the "santa sack" tourny.would be a great xmas pressy.
    cheers guys,unlucky tonight btw rat
    see you on a table soon
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry Tikay, I didn't stay in the tourney long enough to get a hand worthy of being replayed, unless you count the terrible call I made to lose almost all of my stack! durrrr Is this the only time you'll be doing something like this?

nudge nudge, wink wink! Say no more! as the saying goes!
    ;)

• edited December 2009
    hi there,i feel i should be invited into the tourny after the way i finished 2nd tonight in the 5.5k bounty hunter.i thought i played a solid and very strong game,to get done over the way i did was heart breaking.nah only kidding,i should of won the hand and doubled up and won the tourny but the guy that won played very well.i would love to get an invite into the "santa sack" tourny.would be a great xmas pressy. cheers guys,unlucky tonight btw rat see you on a table soon
    Posted by ninipoo71

You were VUL m8 - wp tho and I am pretty sure that hand will be played ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    very true rattious,i feel i was very unlucky,but that is poker i guess,as tough as it is to take.
    i am certain that hand will be shown as it was the last 1 of the tournament and also bcoz of how lucky it was.
    frustrating but what can you do.....
    what is next for rattious then tournament wise?
    really want to get in the santa sack tourny and was annoyed i missed out on TKO comp thats goin on.
  • edited December 2009
    hi there,i feel i should be invited into the tourny after the way i finished 2nd tonight in the 5.5k bounty hunter.i thought i played a solid and very strong game,to get done over the way i did was heart breaking.nah only kidding,i should of won the hand and doubled up and won the tourny but the guy that won played very well.i would love to get an invite into the "santa sack" tourny.would be a great xmas pressy. cheers guys,unlucky tonight btw rat see you on a table soon
    Posted by ninipoo71
    Hi Ninipoooooo,

Congrats, very well done.

Why not send an e-Mail into the Producer of the Show we are recording on Friday for Transmission on Xmas Day? Given that you did so well, he may well consider showing some of your hands.

The addy is
    skyopen@bskyb.com

Mark it for the attention of Mr Chris Cohen, Producer Chappie Person. 
  • edited December 2009
    very true rattious,i feel i was very unlucky,but that is poker i guess,as tough as it is to take. i am certain that hand will be shown as it was the last 1 of the tournament and also bcoz of how lucky it was. frustrating but what can you do..... what is next for rattious then tournament wise? really want to get in the santa sack tourny and was annoyed i missed out on TKO comp thats goin on.
    Posted by ninipoo71
    hi there tikay,
    thank you,it was a very long night,i guess you will end up seeing how unlucky i was on friday then but you will be amazed.
    how should i email the producer?what should i say bcoz i dnt have the hand numbers or anything.
    i would love for you to show some of my hands though.
    cheers ash (a.k.a ninipoo71)

• edited December 2009
    Reading about all these competitions and big tourneys is no fun for people (like me) who work shifts that mean they cannot play in the evening. It would be nice to see the odd special every now and then for afternoon/daytime players.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney? : hi there tikay, thank you,it was a very long night,i guess you will end up seeing how unlucky i was on friday then but you will be amazed. how should i email the producer?what should i say bcoz i dnt have the hand numbers or anything. i would love for you to show some of my hands though. cheers ash (a.k.a ninipoo71)
    Posted by ninipoo71
    Well "unlucky" is relative - every single Poker Tourney ever played involves good & bad luck at different stages of the Tourney. Best not to get fixated on "bad luck" imo, rather, you finished 2nd for a shed-load of money!

What to put in the e-mail? Just reflect your Post on this Thread - I got 2nd, I woulda won but for da de da, da de da, can you show my hand please?".

Just do it - you might get quite a surprise. Trust me. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney? : Well "unlucky" is relative - every single Poker Tourney ever played involves good & bad luck at different stages of the Tourney. Best not to get fixated on "bad luck" imo, rather, you finished 2nd for a shed-load of money! What to put in the e-mail? Just reflect your Post on this Thread - I got 2nd, I woulda won but for da de da, da de da, can you show my hand please?". Just do it - you might get quite a surprise. Trust me. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    cheers tikay, i must admit,i did get some luck in the tourny.
    i have emailed chris the producer man and have asked if it would be possible to show a few ov my hands and especially if he can show the last hand ov the tourny at some point.
    do i need to wait for a reply or jus wait til xmas and see if im on?
    also tikay,would it be possible to get an invite into the santas sack tourny as i was so unluky o nthe last hand and ended up finishing 2nd and not winning the tourny?
    i would love to join your team in the TKO aswel but i heard it was far to late,so i guess i will just have to wait til next time you 2 lock horns.
    cheers tikay,it would make my xmas if i got an invite to the santas sack tourny.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney? : cheers tikay, i must admit,i did get some luck in the tourny. i have emailed chris the producer man and have asked if it would be possible to show a few ov my hands and especially if he can show the last hand ov the tourny at some point. do i need to wait for a reply or jus wait til xmas and see if im on? also tikay,would it be possible to get an invite into the santas sack tourny as i was so unluky o nthe last hand and ended up finishing 2nd and not winning the tourny? i would love to join your team in the TKO aswel but i heard it was far to late,so i guess i will just have to wait til next time you 2 lock horns. cheers tikay,it would make my xmas if i got an invite to the santas sack tourny.
    Posted by ninipoo71
    I'm sure he will contact you, one way or the other.

In case of doubt, personally, I CANNOT award any of the prizes in this Show - only Chris Cohen, the Producer can.
  • edited December 2009
    how many is a bunch and who picks the ones to show
    Posted by loonytoons
    I've no idea Loony - those were the exact words he used in his note to me. I reckon there may be 6 or 8, but that's just a guess.
  • edited December 2009

Can I just be clear, as there seems to be a disconnect somewhere - I am not awarding any Prizes, nor can I - that's for the Producer to award!
  • edited December 2009

Here's a copy of my OP in this Thread - note the highlighted part.

Thought you might!

Heres the deal, but bear with me, it's a bit convoluted.

Tonight, there is a £5,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter at 8pm.

Highlights, & your "Hand Requests" from Tonight's Tourney, will be recorded in a Show that Lisa & I will record this Friday, the "Sky Poker Xmas Special".

And in that Show, Producer Chris has given us a bunch of Invites to dish out for those who send in Hand Requests that we show.

The Show will air on Christmas Day, & the ONLY WAY you wil know if youi have won an Invite to the exclusing, Invite Only, Santa Sack Tourney to be played on December 27th is to WATCH THE SHOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

All clear?

Any questions, just ask.

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009
    when you siad for us to dish out guess people thought us meant you
  • edited December 2009
    when you siad for us to dish out guess people thought us meant you
    Posted by 35suited
    Ahh, I see. My apologies for misleadingly misleading you. Is that why everyone was suddenly being nice to me? ;)

To clarify. Producer Chris awards the Prizes. Miss Long & myself will dish them out.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney? : I'm sure he will contact you, one way or the other. In case of doubt, personally, I CANNOT award any of the prizes in this Show - only Chris Cohen, the Producer can.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ok cheers tikay.i have emailed him and hope to get a reply from him.
    i would love to see what you have to say about the way i played lastnight and if i did right or wrong.
    cheers mate and hope to see myself on xmas day.
  • edited December 2009

alrite tikay,when is the next TKO leg?
    stil havnt had a reply from that chris cohen producer chap :(
    you think i should email him again and pester him?
    cheers

• edited December 2009
    alrite tikay,when is the next TKO leg? stil havnt had a reply from that chris cohen producer chap :( you think i should email him again and pester him? cheers
    Posted by ninipoo71
    sorry tikay,just as i posted that,i just recieved a messege.
    could you let me know when the next TKO is and will it be televised so i can watch?
    cheers mate
  • edited December 2009
    santa gave me a seat yesturday but im still not in it, i think santa has forgot all about me
  • edited December 2009
    santa gave me a seat yesturday but im still not in it, i think santa has forgot all about me
    Posted by freechips1
    I doubt he's forgotten you Mr Chips, but he might not spot this Post, as this Thread is something different.

Why not drop Sky-Rich a PM, I'm quite sure he'll be able to sort it out for you.

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Want entry into the "Invite Only" Santa Sack Tourney? : I doubt he's forgotten you Mr Chips, but he might not spot this Post, as this Thread is something different. Why not drop Sky-Rich a PM, I'm quite sure he'll be able to sort it out for you. Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i will pm rich, thank you tikay.