You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Off to Spain golfing - thanks Sky

4 days until my annual weeks holiday golfing with 5 mates in Spain. This is all down to Sky / Sky poker. I wouldn't be able to afford it without playing poker.

You see I'm not a great poker player and I know my limitations as a player but I've managed to earn enough from MTT's each year (5th year running) to pay for the holiday. I seldom play the main event but keep to my bank roll and play the mini and occasional £11 BH.

As I say I'm an average player and generally lose but now and again when the Moon is in conjunction with Venus and so on so forth I will win a MTT or cash big and therefore my chart is generally upwards.

Why do I write this article?

A brag - erm maybe but no, just excited about my golf trip

Bankroll Management -Yes poss -  I'm getting pretty good at that so an average player like me can have an upward graph

To dispel the fixed site theory - yes partly - I've played many MTT's on here and have had many bad beats and many lucky beats. My AK has beaten QJ approx. 60% of the time - therefore over time I win. I love bad calls - when they hit yes it hurts but over a year the bad calls pay for my golf

Ok enough drivel - off to wash my balls in the sink - 'Oh viva Española'

Steve

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Well done
    Best way to do it in my opinion. No point just having money sitting in an account. Use winnings for treats.

Very jealous by the way. Played in Spain a few times on Costa Del Sol
    Rio Real, Santana, Torrequebrada and La Cala

Where are you going to?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Off to Spain golfing - thanks Sky:
    Well done Best way to do it in my opinion. No point just having money sitting in an account. Use winnings for treats. Very jealous by the way. Played in Spain a few times on Costa Del Sol Rio Real, Santana, Torrequebrada and La Cala Where are you going to?
    Posted by Jac35[/QU

We stop in Fuengirola or nearby and play the courses within 50 km. We usually play La Cala too, playing the Asian course at La Cala this year as we've played the Europe and the America before. We've played Santana previously but never Torrequebrada. Not sure where else this year as I was in charge of flights though I think we're playing Los Flamingos.

Have you played Alhurin Jac? It's a brute of a course designed by Seve who apparently never played it after. 6th hole is a par 5 that starts from the highest point of the mountain and it looks like you have to drive onto a postage stamp - the lucky men queue up on the 7th to sell you bags of balls

Yeah it's a great week but expensive and not just a treat from my bank roll but more or less the lot.
  • edited September 2013
    Really nice OP.

wp and gl to you mate!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Off to Spain golfing - thanks Sky:
    Really nice OP. wp and gl to you mate!
    Posted by splashies
    Cheers bud