You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Presenters' Sit and Go

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Obviously anyone voting for Rich Oxford is likely to be taken outside and shot by Tikay.

Nicknames are just a bit of fun. Nothing more masculine than a lady bird, obv.

Comments

• edited September 2013

I'm sure we're all aware by now that this Monday (16/9) there will be a live Sit and Go between six of Sky Poker's 'finest'.

So who's the odds-on favourite, who's the dark horse and who's ready for the knackers yard?

Feel free to justify your choice with hilarious comments below.

• edited September 2013
    Tats has an advantage, being with Mr. Karr.
  • edited September 2013

Looks as though there have been a couple of sympathy votes for Anna and Jules.

Not sure what it says for the collective wisdom of the electorate that Richard Orford is currently leading the way.

• edited September 2013
    i`m going for james unless he gets coolered or bad beat imo
  • edited September 2013
    Hows Orford favourite ? - I voted him on the basis i,d get huuuge odds
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Presenters' Sit and Go:
    Looks as though there have been a couple of sympathy votes for Anna and Jules. Not sure what it says for the collective wisdom of the electorate that Richard Orford is currently leading the way.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    The fact that Richard Orford is leading the way would seem to suggest that the sympathy votes are going his way.
  • edited September 2013
    Who has got the most experience of this type of tournament? (And to be pedantic, it's not a Sit & Go by the way - it's a scheduled STT)

I would have to give Richard the edge. It it was an MTT or a cash session, I'd be giving other players the edge, but in this format, Richard is the slight favourite in my opinion.
  • edited September 2013
    Who has got the most experience of this type of tournament? (And to be pedantic, it's not a Sit & Go by the way - it's a scheduled STT) I would have to give Richard the edge. It it was an MTT or a cash session, I'd be giving other players the edge, but in this format, Richard is the slight favourite in my opinion.
    Posted by FCHD
    Yes, it's a sit and go in the same way that the 'Charlotte Jackson Sit and Go' is a sit and go - It isn't. lol

That's what they're calling it, though, so I can't be bothered trying to change their minds.

When I'm not taking the Michael, I've been known to defend Richard's game. For a recreational player he's really not that bad. Not brilliant but not as bad as his reputation. However, I think it's fair to say that James and Tatjana have far more experience and are likely to have a far more refined game. Anyone who's played with Sarah recently would know that she's not a bad player either.

Can't see Richard as the favourite.

I'm really interested to see the show, whenever it's eventually on.
  • edited September 2013

Good morning.

I shall be overseeing the action in the Studio, & acting (off-camera) as a sort of impromptu "TD" or "Floor" in the event of any disputes or Rulings required.

Please rest assured that Rich Oxford will not win this. He CANNOT win it. I shall make sure of that. If need be, I'll find grounds to disqualify him, or have him shot.

So please do not vote for Richard. It'd be like him - a complete waste of time.

• edited September 2013
    Tikay, I'm pretty sure the other five players are aware of the importance of Richard not winning.

Just turn a blind eye to the collusion and plotting against him. It's for the best. :)
  • edited September 2013
    Tikay, I'm pretty sure the other five players are aware of the importance of Richard not winning. Just turn a blind eye to the collusion and plotting against him. It's for the best. :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    We are of one mind. Sorted.

The very thought of doing a Show with him, & him continually chirping that he won the thing would do my head in.

Ain't gonna happen.
  • edited September 2013
    i take it this will be filmed for showing on 861 ( with the camera mostly focussed on the ladies?).
  • edited September 2013
    i take it this will be filmed for showing on 861 ( with the camera mostly focussed on the ladies?).
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Morning Daggy.

Q1 - Yes.

Q2 - no.

I CAN assure you the camera will not focus on Oxford. Unless he busts first......

• edited September 2013
    Is Stapes commentating?
  • edited September 2013

The Twitter feeds of Messrs Mr Hartigan & Oxford are quite interesting this morning.

Oxford Tweeted this.....

Sorry, prize structure amendment: Last gets to work all their shows with Tony Kendall, Second from last gets sacked.

• edited September 2013

I warned Oxford to button his lip, as I am the TD. To which Oxford replied....

Bound to be you. I assume by TD you mean Tea Deliverer?

He needs to learn a little respect, methinks.
  • edited September 2013

....Plus you need to remind all players that poker is not fun! It is a very serious game and I expect loads of hand histories being posted here tomorrow, plus leaving threads/live poker is rigged threads.

Anyone who laughs during the game, just shoot them.
  • edited September 2013
    [QUOTE]....Plus you need to remind all players that poker is not fun! It is a very serious game and I expect loads of hand histories being posted here tomorrow, plus leaving threads/live poker is rigged threads. Anyone who laughs during the game, just shoot them.
    Posted by MAXALLY

You probably know my feelings on all these "I'm, leaving in a huff" threads, but if Oxford were to Post one, that'd be the greatest thing ever. We can but hope. And pray.  
  • edited September 2013
    Is Stapes commentating?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Possibly, but to be honest, I'm not sure there will even BE a commentary.

These are Presenters, professional people (well 5 of them are....) & the idea is to have them all mice'd up, & leave the microphones open so that the viewer hears the banter & interchange.

If may be necessary to do some "tops & tails" to the Show, some Intros & Outros etc, but hopefully the Presenters will do the commentating as they go along. If not, then some commentary will be added. 

Don't want to give anything away, but I've just seen Oxford. He was told to wear "smart casual". Lol, just lol. He had just re-defined the expression. Frankly, he's an embarrassment.   
  • edited September 2013

I hope Rastafish or some one like Neil Channing has been roped into be the guest dealer.
  • edited September 2013
    I hope Rastafish or some one like Neil Channing has been roped into be the guest dealer.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No no, proper Dealers. Serious business, this.

Oxford just asked for some advice from me. Complex stuff, you know, Hand Rankings, how many eggs in a pound etc.

"So a straight beats a flush, right?"

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Presenters' Sit and Go : No no, proper Dealers. Serious business, this. Oxford just asked for some advice from me. Complex stuff, you know, Hand Rankings, how many eggs in a pound etc.   "So a straight beats a flush, right?"  
    Posted by Tikay10
    An Oxford straight does.................apparently
  • edited September 2013
    My moneys on hartigan talks sense and all those years commentating seeing hands etc gotta be an edge 
  • edited September 2013
    There's only going to be 1 winner,

Anna For the Win!! 100%:D
  • edited September 2013
    Perhaps Rich will try and distract the others by wearing some outlandish low cut top.
  • edited January 2014
    Is footage of this ever going to see the light of day?

James has already left us. Is that because he was first out?
  • edited January 2014
    Is footage of this ever going to see the light of day? James has already left us. Is that because he was first out?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah, my understanding was that it was going to be shown over the holiday season...

...did they mean Easter?
  • edited January 2014
    Tats has an advantage, being with Mr. Karr.
    Posted by Slipwater
    wow
    I'll have to let my wife know
    poker ability is some form of STD

I assume you write fiction slippy

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Presenters' Sit and Go : wow I'll have to let my wife know poker ability is some form of STD I assume you write fiction slippy
    Posted by GELDY
    Haha - I had to check to see that I wrote that!

You can't quote me after four months, Gelders - I am very likely to have changed my opinion on these matters :)
  • edited January 2014
    Is footage of this ever going to see the light of day? James has already left us. Is that because he was first out?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    BUMP