You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jackpot winner?

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
I can't be sure as Gary's tournament thread isnt updated and Aussie's not said anything... but going by sharkscope it looks like we have another Jackpot winner tonight?

Well done hhy...  hhyd... hhydft... harry!

6th in main.  5th in mini.

Congrats!

*Apologies if you havent actually won the jackpot.  Man that'd be a mean rubdown.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    i think he got 5th n 6th lol (gazza gave harrry a rub)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Jackpot winner?:
    i think he got 5th n 6th lol (gazza gave harrry a rub)
    Posted by thebil123

He wishes!
  • edited September 2013
    N1 hh great results but if im not mistaken you did seem to tighten up on both tables just before the final table bubbles. Don't get me wrong I would have shut down completely lol but was it that you did tighten up or just that you had a bad run of cards. Do you think you played optimally or did the prospect of Jackpot affect your play?
    No criticism here just wondering.
    All the best m8.
  • edited September 2013

excellent stuff harry.

this is the third time harry has won the jackpot.  how good is that?

• edited September 2013

Amazing consistency by hhyffryyrtrthyy

Well done.

Can I call you "h"?
  • edited September 2013
    I saw he came 6th in Main last, didn't realise he FT'd the mini too.

Sick few weeks here Harry, 3 ME FT's now and a jackpot. Wp sir.
  • edited September 2013
    Yes great work sir!!

Just getting it all confirmed now, then the Jackpot amount will be credited to your account! (If you are even reading this!)

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2013
    Harry, you disgusting individual.

How do you excuse causing all of this
    SICKNESS!?!

("Sickness" is used ironically, of course. I'm far too cultured to use such terms. lol)

• edited September 2013
    Thanks very much guys! Aussie, you've jumped the gun slightly, come close twice before but this is my first jackpot cash.  I hope its the first of many! 

Rock, will give you a response when I'm home from work, struggling on my phone. 
  • edited September 2013
    Well done HH, was a really brilliant result.

I only knew you from playing lower stakes games prior to about a couple of months ago.

No idea if you have always played lower games and higher stake games at the same time, or if it's just recently you have moved up, but you have had some brilliant results over the last month or two.

Delighted you made the jackpot, and long may the run good continue.

Extremely unlucky in your exit hand from the main last night, but was a brilliant achievement making another FT in the main. Outstanding!
  • edited September 2013
    Very well done, really takes some doing.

Just looked at results thread, i`m guessing the player who finished 25th in the mini wont be getting any hands shown on 861!!!!
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks very much guys! Aussie, you've jumped the gun slightly, come close twice before but this is my first jackpot cash.  I hope its the first of many!  Rock, will give you a response when I'm home from work, struggling on my phone. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    hi harry,

yes, was working from memory, i dont keep a record of the jackpots.   i recalled you had done something brilliant twice before(?) and this is a third time.  was it two near misses?  if so, hope you dont mind. 

nevertheless, three fine performances, wp.

• edited September 2013
    Very well played H.
  • edited September 2013
    Very well played H.
  • edited September 2013
    Nice one harry vwp m8
  • edited September 2013
    Aussie- yeah I had 2 consecutive Wednesday near misses recently, 9th and 8th one week followed by 7th and 4th the next (got Thewy to thank for that 7th place finish!). Nice to finally make it, though my exit was a tad harsh and had KK held it was for a tournament leading stack. 

a00rock- thank you very much! It was a bit of a combo really. I was getting generally poor cards on the main bubble, and it didn't help that one of the more aggro Sky players (Luvbwfc) was in position on me. I tried to steal where I could, but when you m/r it with K10 etc and get jammed on, what can you do? The odd time I did pick up premium I got no action. When the shortstack disconnected and only had a few orbits left before he busted, I certainly wasn't going to do anything stupid. Would never fold premium obviously but I would kick myself if I got eliminated on the bubble with something marginal when someone was away and almost out. 

Was a similar story for the mini, tried to pick up pots where possible. There was a guy, probably not too experienced, doing huge open raises (like 5x), unfortunately I could never pick up something to go to war when he did that, and he had a huge stack compared to the rest of the table so my fold equity vs him was questionable.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments.

Ps...Gazza, when can I claim my rub? 
  • edited September 2013
    Well played Bob!

Pretty sure you will win the 5k in the future!

• edited September 2013
    Great stuff Harry
  • edited September 2013
    hh thank you for your response the reason I asked was I was wondering if the change in the jackpot from only 1st and 1st paid to the upto 6th and 6th made a difference in how people played. Obviously with the old system players had no option but to go full out as only winning would do, but now the incentive is to 1st get to both final tables then go for it. If indeed this is the case then effectively players could be not playing optimally as a ladder or two whilst waiting for the bubble to burst can be far more profitable than say 5th/5th especially in the main event. Just my thoughts although I accept that the new way makes it slightly easier to gain part of the jackpot.
    Well played again its nice to see someone who helps others out on the forum do well.
    Edit- in the poker clinic! Modest as well lol
  • edited September 2013
    hh thank you for your response the reason I asked was I was wondering if the change in the jackpot from only 1st and 1st paid to the upto 6th and 6th made a difference in how people played. Obviously with the old system players had no option but to go full out as only winning would do, but now the incentive is to 1st get to both final tables then go for it. If indeed this is the case then effectively players could be not playing optimally as a ladder or two whilst waiting for the bubble to burst can be far more profitable than say 5th/5th especially in the main event. Just my thoughts although I accept that the new way makes it slightly easier to gain part of the jackpot. Well played again its nice to see someone who helps others out on the forum do well.
    Posted by a00rock
    Think you're confusing me with someone else ;)
  • edited September 2013
    I think it's structured in a way that doesn't make desperately trying to scrape a jackpot profitable though.

For instance 6th and 6th = £50, 6th and 5th = £75.

£50-£75 is nothing compared to what finishing top 3 in a ME would be so it wouldn't make sense to play really bad/weak poker just to try to FT but mess up any chances of winning it.
  • edited September 2013
    I think it's structured in a way that doesn't make desperately trying to scrape a jackpot profitable though. For instance 6th and 6th = £50, 6th and 5th = £75. £50-£75 is nothing compared to what finishing top 3 in a ME would be so it wouldn't make sense to play really bad/weak poker just to try to FT but mess up any chances of winning it.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Exactly my point Lambert.
  • edited September 2013
    I think it's structured in a way that doesn't make desperately trying to scrape a jackpot profitable though. For instance 6th and 6th = £50, 6th and 5th = £75. £50-£75 is nothing compared to what finishing top 3 in a ME would be so it wouldn't make sense to play really bad/weak poker just to try to FT but mess up any chances of winning it.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeah Harry!  Play better!  You're such a dissapointment.

:)
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah get on it Joe lol
  • edited September 2013
    great consistency sir, vwp!
  • edited September 2013
    Aussie- yeah I had 2 consecutive Wednesday near misses recently, 9th and 8th one week followed by 7th and 4th the next (got Thewy to thank for that 7th place finish!). Nice to finally make it, though my exit was a tad harsh and had KK held it was for a tournament leading stack.  a00rock- thank you very much! It was a bit of a combo really. I was getting generally poor cards on the main bubble, and it didn't help that one of the more aggro Sky players (Luvbwfc) was in position on me. I tried to steal where I could, but when you m/r it with K10 etc and get jammed on, what can you do? The odd time I did pick up premium I got no action. When the shortstack disconnected and only had a few orbits left before he busted, I certainly wasn't going to do anything stupid. Would never fold premium obviously but I would kick myself if I got eliminated on the bubble with something marginal when someone was away and almost out.  Was a similar story for the mini, tried to pick up pots where possible. There was a guy, probably not too experienced, doing huge open raises (like 5x), unfortunately I could never pick up something to go to war when he did that, and he had a huge stack compared to the rest of the table so my fold equity vs him was questionable. Again, thanks for all the nice comments. Ps...Gazza, when can I claim my rub? 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well done Harry! Funny you mention going out of the main with KK, Someone with a very similar name to yours knocked me out of the mini that night when I had KK and got it in against 2 players with AK and AQ only to lose to trip A's ... ;-). Funnily enough, I think the AQ hand is the guy you were talking about because he was doing some crazy big raises and I had the same problem as you.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Jackpot winner? : Yeah Harry!  Play better!  You're such a dissapointment.  :)
    Posted by gazza127
    Yeah my bad. I really should've gone broke with Q high ;)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Jackpot winner? : Well done Harry! Funny you mention going out of the main with KK, Someone with a very similar name to yours knocked me out of the mini that night when I had KK and got it in against 2 players with AK and AQ only to lose to trip A's ... ;-). Funnily enough, I think the AQ hand is the guy you were talking about because he was doing some crazy big raises and I had the same problem as you.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I was running like Jesus at one point in both the main and mini so I'm not surprised the A fell! Though to be fair, our big raising friend entered the pot with, shock horror, a big raise, and I'm there with AK and about 11bb, happy days. Then you snapped my shove off behind me with KK! Poker karma caught up with me on the FT, sigh.