You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please

WOW signed on this morning and was amazed at the new layout of the site, its going to take some getting used to but excellently done.

Something I have noticed is that on the game registration page the time doesn't show fully with the last two digits partially obscured, not sure if I have to tweek my system for that to show properly so any advise would be welcome.

Secondly, is it possible that on the forum pages we have the old "jump to top" button back to save having to scroll up the page every time I have finished reading a discussion.

I'm sure that there will be other minor glitches to the new pages but on first viewing I am VERY impressed with all the hard work that has gone into improving the site, keep up the good work.

Steve

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Steve,

Thanks a lot for the comments. Something I want to say to anyone in the forums is please do let us know your thoughts, comments and opinions. We're trying to make this the very best site possible and your feedback is invaluable. Keep them coming, keep it constructive and we'll keep listening.

Cheers and have fun on the new site.

Dave

EDIT: Hope you don't mind Steve, but edited the title of your opening post to help encourage people into the right thread :)
  • edited December 2009
    lovin the new lay-out, just 1 niggle, on the tourney_satalite page, no mention of the tourney date/ time your playin for, would help in plannin your poker week
  • edited December 2009
    Put this below but again why is text so washed out and grey. Black would be better.
  • edited December 2009
    The playing window is far better . I don't have to squint to read the chipstacks
  • edited December 2009
    great improvements sky, looks great, Omaha's great addition aswell

still some stuff id like to see tho (i know ppl have mentioned them b4):

more options to spend poker points (more satellites to more tourneys), or a shop mayb?
    options to track my progress, profit graph or something, stats VPIP% etc...
    like to see how many hands played and how many poker points i've accumulated in any 1 session
    mayb a VIP scheme for top 2-3% of players

• edited December 2009
    I think the new layout is looking slick, looks a lot more professional and omaha being brought onto the site is a bonus, cheers sky!
  • edited December 2009

hi, Just a little annoyance.....no, not even that, more of a hinderance, the page navigation buttons have disappeared from the bottom of the threads.
    Other than that, it's an amazing upgrade so well done to all involved!! A+ and 25million house points!!

PS I originally put this post on the "bug" thread but this seems the better place for it! lol

• edited December 2009

Just noticed while scolling through posts on threads you have to go back to the top to go to the next page. I think 'pages' used to be at the bottom of pages aswell before the upgrade?
  • edited December 2009
    A very nice surprise - the Sky Poker main page is now loading much quicker on my PC.
    Please do not use flash ads etc on the main page.

:)
  • edited December 2009

What hve you done to the tornament lobby?
    All the information was on one page now its over 3!

Well done for introducing Omaha but a freeroll or 2 for those of us who havn't played it before would be nice.

more options for using your poker points would be nice as i have thousands!!!!!  
  • edited December 2009
    logged on 2nite to see the new layout and found most touches ok but found that i was missing a lot of bets playin multiple tables. (i hope it is'nt just my eyes)chat box is a bit bright aswell. is it just me?? maybe it'll just take a bit of gettin use 2.
  • edited December 2009

think its a bit to bright, and dnt like the new tourny lobby if u want to look whos in a tounry you hv to bring a page up, not like b4 and why is there only £5.50 tournaments for omaha should hv lower ones

• edited December 2009
    Don't agree its too bright at all. For me that is good  and you can adjust brightness and contrast on your machine to suit. But the table lobby box does have an issue. I can't see the last figure of the tourney time. I know its only a ten minute variance but it is an irritation.
  • edited December 2009

There is still no way of loking at your completed tournaments/sit n go's etc by DATE
  • edited December 2009

I am getting a bit sick of connection problems and i think this needs to be sorted out asap.

• edited December 2009
    Are there any plans to make this site compatible to poker tracking software/
  • edited December 2009
    Hi all not whinging but what i would like to see on the site is the ability to unregister from tourneys after qualifying in satilites and get the buy in for that tourney..as i found out the other day i got a phone call and had to unregister from both tourneys i had qualified for and got no refund or voucher offer any suggestions please?
    thanks beforehand Andy
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please:
    Hi all not whinging but what i would like to see on the site is the ability to unregister from tourneys after qualifying in satilites and get the buy in for that tourney..as i found out the other day i got a phone call and had to unregister from both tourneys i had qualified for and got no refund or voucher offer any suggestions please? thanks beforehand Andy
    Posted by bandy72

the best advice i can give you is to get in contact with the customer care team. if you explain your predicament they may be able to give you entry into a equivalent tournament.

hopefully that helps you slightly.
  • edited December 2009
    in Response to Re: New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please:
    In Response to Re: New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please : the best advice i can give you is to get in contact with the customer care team . if you explain your predicament they may be able to give you entry into a equivalent tournament. hopefully that helps you slightly.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich i tried the help line but they said they dont do refunds or cash alternatives or in other words 'tough luck'..what i did do was send in a message that read something like this "i think it would be considerate of sky poker to at least warn people who qualifie in saterlites that if they unregister for the qualified event they would lose thier money any kind of message before or after sat would be welcome...i'm not bothered about it myself but there may be some who dont know"..
    thanks Andy
  • edited December 2009
    in Response to Re: New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please : Thanks Rich i tried the help line but they said they dont do refunds or cash alternatives or in other words 'tough luck'..what i did do was send in a message that read something like this "i think it would be considerate of sky poker to at least warn people who qualifie in saterlites that if they unregister for the qualified event they would lose thier money any kind of message before or after sat would be welcome...i'm not bothered about it myself but there may be some who dont know".. thanks Andy
    Posted by bandy72

i'll send you a Private message about this and see if we work out a solution for you.
  • edited January 2010
    I am getting a bit sick of connection problems and i think this needs to be sorted out asap.
    Posted by bigstack23
    when connected things are fine but the table launch is sometimes very slow and find i have lost portions of my stake even before i arrive at the table, anybody else have this problem.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    What would be nice is if you're all in with another player and everyone else is out of the pot, to be shown the percentages of winning if its before the river, aswell as both players cards.

Just a suggestion, but ive seen it done on another site and it works well.

Also a request moderator button for chat abuse would be cool for when things get out of hand.
  • edited January 2010
    Also a request moderator button for chat abuse would be cool for when things get out of hand.
    Posted by EEN

i like this idea. have you seen the report abuse button here in the forum? i'm guessing you mean something similar to this. i'll put this forward to those who make the poker decisions.

thanks again EEN.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: New SkyPoker Layout - Suggestions and Comments here please : i like this idea. have you seen the report abuse button here in the forum? i'm guessing you mean something similar to this. i'll put this forward to those who make the poker decisions. thanks again EEN.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Yea ive seen those, and they're great!

If we had one of those for the chat box which either alerted a member of staff directly to the table where they could witness the situation for theirself, or that saved the chat from the past 15 mins or so and messaged it to one of the customer care team to take a look and deal with.

Problem with first idea, may require more staff, therefore wouldnt be possible.

Advantage of saving the message and sending it automatically to a member of customer care, means that people are not instantly jumping on the online chat or phone to report it, and this frees up staff to deal with other people with more immediate problems.

I definetly think chat bans should be introduced for repeat offenders too.

Thanks for noticing Rich
  • edited January 2010
    Hi,

I'd like the chat to be cut off when a play is all-in. This would stop any collusion which has happened in the past with players, mainly in the double your money sit n goes.

Thanks
  • edited January 2010
    Great changes to the site itself but lacking behind other top bookmakers with the little gestures that matter to Joe Punter?,like Christmas gift,diary or maybe a token of appreciation for the regular punter like a bonus bet or tournament,not like freeroll but proper £ games,other than that well done on the site layout.
  • edited January 2010
    IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU KNEW WHAT POSITION YOU WERE SITTING IN WHENEVER YOU ARE PLAYING IN TOURNAMENTS,OTHER SITES CAN DO IT PLEASE PLEASE TRY AND INTRODUCE THIS AS I THINK ANY PLAYERS OF TOURNAMENTS WOULD AGREE.CHEERS,GREAT SITE THOUGH.
  • edited January 2010
    Great changes to the site itself but lacking behind other top bookmakers with the little gestures that matter to Joe Punter?,like Christmas gift,diary or maybe a token of appreciation for the regular punter like a bonus bet or tournament,not like freeroll but proper £ games,other than that well done on the site layout.
    Posted by derk2827

we do have loads of little gestures and bonuses going on all the time. TKO and Santa's sack for example. there are also a lot of forum comps/ give-aways so keep your eyes peeled!
  • edited February 2010
    The new Sky Poker software is superb. Very user friendly. The chat bar contrasts have been sorted and are now clear to read. ONE SUGGESTION - We now have Hearts & Diamonds dull red, Clubs and spades black. Why not match the suits to the four colour deck suit colours. They would show up a treat.
    Hearts - cherry red, clubs racing green, Diamonds rich blue and spades black. It would be a super improvement for "at-a-glance" reading.
    The site is now great to use. Many thanks for the improvements, Phrank.
  • edited February 2010
    id like to see a daily bounty hunter tournament for upto 2000 entries with a 30pence buy in i reckon it be fun and would get a lot of interest so what do you think folks sound like fun