You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct fold?

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Evening! Don't post in here too often but I've just finished a session and this hand came up. Found it very interesting and would appreciate some feedback.

Not got too many reads on my opponent, not played with him before iirc. The time I were playing with him however, he seemed fairly inexperienced and quite straightforward. I normally play my hands very fast, the reason I checked the flop is because I completely smashed it and if he didn't have a K I doubt he would do anything other than fold. I'm quite happy happy calling the turn, his bet sizing indicated that he would most probably barrell the river and when we get the check I'm obviously betting for value... and then he raises. The river line looks super strong and I can't see him doing this with many two pair hands. Thoughts please?

EDIT: Problem uploading the hand history so I'm gonna have to type it...

Blinds: 10p/20p

I raise utg+1 with 5-5 to 60p, bb calls.

FLOP: Kd-5c-2s... check/check

TURN: 4d... he bets £1.20, I call.

RIVER: 8d... he checks, I bet £1.85, he raises all-n for £10.83, I fold.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Don't check the flop imo.

He'd probably call with Kx some decent Ax hands, obviously 22, and probably 66+. If he hasn't got anything worth calling now, it's unlikely he'll have much on the turn either.

I deffo call river, you've played the whole hand so weakly that there are tons of worse hands he can show up with.

It should have went, bet flop, bet turn, shove river. You put yourself in a awkward spot by checking the flop, cos when he bets the turn you're kinda forced to just flat cos raising here would look ridic strong
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah your right. Like I said in the opening post, I usually play my hands fast. I played it so strange that I confused myself by the river. I'm gonna stick by what I did though and I think it's the right fold.