You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I was asked to put this hand on here by the opponent is it a good play

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
hitman1981Small blind 1000.001000.0067695.00Rich_PoorBig blind 2000.003000.0039260.00 Your hole cardsJJ   IDONKCALLURaise 4000.007000.0032950.020rAnGeMfCFold    FlyingDaggFold    grandaddy1Call 4000.0011000.0024978.75mikequiz47Fold    tomo_efcAll-in 16200.0027200.000.00

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Depends what he has. It's probably not great if he really doesn't want a call. If he wants to try and flip knowing he has no FE then that's up to him
  • edited September 2013
    The hand was played fine. 
    Tomo was short, shove/fold territory, facing a min raise. 
    You had to be happy with what was turned over when you called.
    The problem has to be your reaction.

MAJOR PHIL HELMUTH  MOMENT!!!

Very entertaining for the crowd :-) 
    But reaction probably cost you a cash!! 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: I was asked to put this hand on here by the opponent is it a good play:
    Depends what he has. It's probably not great if he really doesn't want a call. If he wants to try and flip knowing he has no FE then that's up to him
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1

Getting upset at the table is beneath you, IDONK. You know what the game is about. If Rich_poor is interpreting events accurately, then it's something you shouldn't be getting involved with.
  • edited September 2013
    Want to know what opponent had but in general facing an UTG raise + a call there's no need for him to shove over anything but premium hands. 99+ and AQs+ 8bbs is still a playable stack where you can shove in unopened pots expecting to have fold equity.
  • edited September 2013
    he had q j of suit  

i said its a great move if u had 30k + in chips has u have f/e 

but after a utg min raise and a call for 12 k extra im calling with anything as hes got no f/e 
  • edited September 2013
    "but after a utg min raise and a call for 12 k extra im calling with anything as hes got no f/e"
    your calling because of the odds the pot lays you rather than hes got no f/e

i can understand the players push,dont like it with j q off much tho ,double or triple up time or go out tourni  
  • edited September 2013
    The most important thing to question is not opponents play (its a fairly obvious mistake/bad play if he had QJ to any experienced/decent tournament player) but why you actually felt the need to post it?
  • edited September 2013
    Why you having such a problem with this.
    Tomo chose to shove, whether that's right or wrong it's his choice.
    You made good call, pair against one over card is 65% favourite.
    The queen hits and BOOOOOM! 
    You appear to lose it big time. 

Well that's poker.
    Deal with the variance and move on.