You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

getting beaten on the river all the time

hi all not trying to sound like i am whimpering about the bad beat river cards
but can someone tell me the percentage of your opponent making the better hand than you on the river as this is happening to me 100% of the time whether i have a top straight, full houses trips, or king high flushes. before the river card i am betting high against my opponents to make them pay to see the river card or i go all in before the river card comes always lose the hand please can anyone tell me whether i should just fold the best hand all the time before the river card comes or not ?  

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to getting beaten on the river all the time:
    hi all not trying to sound like i am whimpering about the bad beat river cards but can someone tell me the percentage of your opponent making the better hand than you on the river as this is happening to me 100% of the time whether i have a top straight, full houses trips, or king high flushes. before the river card i am betting high against my opponents to make them pay to see the river card or i go all in before the river card comes always lose the hand please can anyone tell me whether i should just fold the best hand all the time before the river card comes or not ?  
    Posted by xvexed

No, you shouldn't.

Most hands are made on the river because it's easier to make a strong 5 card hand using 7 cards than it is using 6 or 5.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: getting beaten on the river all the time:
    In Response to getting beaten on the river all the time : No, you shouldn't. Most hands are made on the river because it's easier to make a strong 5 card hand using 7 cards than it is using 6 or 5.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well he should, because it's happening to him (being beaten on the 5th street) 100% of the time...

• edited September 2013
    post ssome hand histories
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for the comments guys. i will just have to watch out for those better hands getting their on the river
    its just poker i guess maybe i try not to be so aggressive next time