You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this play fine?

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
#0691996951 - I want to know if I played this hand too loosely, but can't seem to post in the organised graphical way others do?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    The only people who can view a hand using a hand ID is the people who were dealt into that hand so no1 is gonna be able to see it.

Just make sure you're doing it in the browser... go to the 'My Sky Poker' tab, go to 'Hand History', search for that hand ID above (btw hand IDs tend to start with 6... so you probably need to drop the '#0'

Once you've got it open just highlight it all starting from the word 'Player' all the way down to the bottom right of the HH, then just paste it here.
  • edited September 2013
    SO far your play is fine... ;o)
  • edited September 2013
    Although if I had to guess I would probably say you should have folded pre flop
  • edited September 2013
    or raised
    but calling is a no no
  • edited September 2013
    I hope this works! Just want to know if I was playing too loosely or not. Was in the mid-stages of a tournament and had a comfortable chip-stack.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bradburn03 Small blind   50.00 50.00 10298.75
    therocks27 Big blind   100.00 150.00 2408.75
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

nickrugby6 Raise   400.00 550.00 1040.00
    peter27 All-in   3585.00 4135.00 0.00
    Gizmo123 Fold        
    bradburn03 Fold        
    therocks27 Fold        
    nickrugby6 All-in   1040.00 5175.00 0.00
    peter27 Unmatched bet   2145.00 3030.00 2145.00
    nickrugby6 Show
    • K
    • K

peter27 Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

• K

River

peter27 Win Straight to the Ace 3030.00   5175.00
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Is this play fine?:
    The only people who can view a hand using a hand ID is the people who were dealt into that hand so no1 is gonna be able to see it. Just make sure you're doing it in the browser... go to the 'My Sky Poker' tab, go to 'Hand History', search for that hand ID above (btw hand IDs tend to start with 6... so you probably need to drop the '#0' Once you've got it open just highlight it all starting from the word 'Player' all the way down to the bottom right of the HH, then just paste it here.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks for the help, worked great! :-)
  • edited September 2013
    AQ is a pretty strong hand and usually this would be a fine play. (although maybe you can just raise to 1000 instead so you can potentially fold if someone else comes over the top - shoving 36 bb's is quite a lot)

However, the raise came from a player who was UTG which means his range of hands is going to be much stronger. He might raise something like AJ+, KQ+ and 99+. His raise size is also 4x which can be indicative from weaker players of a v.strong hand. With AQ we are ahead of AJ and KQ and we're flipping vs 99 through to JJ so against that raising range it's probably still fine to get it in. We're only crushed by AA and AK we're not in great shape against. If he's been really tight though his range for 4x may only be AQ+ and 99+ in which case getting it in with AQ has to be a mistake because at best we're flipping and worst we're 30% or less.
  • edited September 2013
    given stack sizes re-shove is standard- no point attemptin to induce the SB and it should never be r/fold if we make it 1k 
    villan open raisin 4x rather than jammin is strong but AQ too stong to pass up vs <15BB shorty
  • edited September 2013
    given stack sizes re-shove is standard- no point attemptin to induce the SB and it should never be r/fold if we make it 1k  villan open raisin 4x rather than jammin is strong but AQ too stong to pass up vs <15BB shorty
    Posted by LnarinOO
    +1 Very suspicious raise from a shortie. Non BH then fold is fine but if you are calling then reshoving is a must.
  • edited September 2013
    given stack sizes re-shove is standard- no point attemptin to induce the SB and it should never be r/fold if we make it 1k  villan open raisin 4x rather than jammin is strong but AQ too stong to pass up vs <15BB shorty
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Unless anyone at the table is really fishy I don't think anyone else is going to enter the pot if we make it 800-1000 w/o a really strong hand given that we're repopping a short UTG opener and if anyone does reshove for a big amount we can be confident AQ isn't good.

Reshoving 36bbs just seems a tad too big. Actually I think we should 3bet to an amount where we can reship when UTG goes all in. That way if anyone does flat our 3bet we can then decide to isolate (unless we think that their flat of the 3bet is really strong)
  • edited September 2013
    Interesting comments guys! This may be a noob-ish question, but what is UTG?
  • edited September 2013
    Interesting comments guys! This may be a noob-ish question, but what is UTG?
    Posted by peter27
    UTG = Under The Gun = first to act in a pot (i.e. 1 seat to the left of BB).

Because everyone else is "behind you" . yet to act in the first round of betting, this will usually mean player in that position has a smaller range of better hands when they enter a pot.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Is this play fine? : UTG = Under The Gun = first to act in a pot (i.e. 1 seat to the left of BB). Because everyone else is "behind you" . yet to act in the first round of betting, this will usually mean player in that position has a smaller range of better hands when they enter a pot.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ahh thanks! Did actually know that phrase just never seen it shortened to UTG and didn't manage to figure it out -.-