You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Calling all iMac-ers

edited February 2014 in The Rail
Hi. I currently have a 5 year old iMac and im looking to upgrade. Mine is a 21.5inch and was looking for the same but does anyone have any feedback for me?

I would get the bigger monitor with better specs (to better hold more tables) but is it worth it and is the better speck 21.5inch worth the extra money than the first buyin model?

I only really use my computer for playing poker and backing up my iphone so this is the main consideration I have.

Many thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    If you were thinking of getting a high end 21.5" iMac, as far as I can remember, you can get the low end 27" (which has very similar specs as the high 21.5") for about £200 more. The only difference in specs between the two are the graphics card: the 27" has a slightly more powerfu version.

Probably less if you buy from somewhere other than the Apple store. If you really only use it for poker and backing up your iPhone I guess the question you'd have to ask yourself would be: Do I want to spend an extra £200 for the extra desktop space? My answer would be yes. :-)

Keep an eye on Play.com as the 3rd parties that sell on there often have deals of the day. I picked up a new MBA for an insanely cheap price a few weeks back!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Sam, I am stuck between getting a 21.5" and a 27" and you have made the decision...harder! LOL But thanks for the heads-up on Play.com, I dont usualy shop there as Amazon are normally best for the things I buy.

Thanks again.