You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Got to say it

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
First off let me state for the record, I enjoy playing on SKY Poker and certainly have no beef with the site when it comes to the cash games on offer (well maybe the bad beats lol)

However, the SKY "tournament review" is seeming to take inspiration from the the Tories (cut MTTs from the schedule and slash guarantees). What is the logic in this?

The low buy in tourneys are being cut or slashed and for the recreational player trying to exercise good bank roll management they are getting taken off the menu or getting less appealing to play. Bar the mini and the DTDs there is not really a good selection of MTT/STTs in my humble opinion. On other sites binking a low buy in MTT can make a real difference to the bank roll. On here you pay £5.75 to win maybe 80 quid. How often is it that someone wins one?

Yes the fun factor is still there but I know for a fact that I would rather bink the mini than any other MTT on here. I know I could play MTTs elsewhere, but do you know what, I like this site and just wish they offered more in the MTT department

Moan over and soap box is now being put away for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I'm sure it won't be long before someone says it so I'll get in there 1st......... liquidity.

FWIW I agree with a lot of what you've said bossman.
  • edited September 2013

Can't have lots of tournaments and big prizepools.

Just aint possible when theres so few people playing the site.
  • edited September 2013
    a little off topic and I'm not a regular MTT player or anything but any time I'm on the tournament page I find it very messy.

I'd like a filter on there for "tournaments starting in next hour" or something like it. It's hard to filter down the results without ending up with about 80 tournaments to look at.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Got to say it:
    a little off topic and I'm not a regular MTT player or anything but any time I'm on the tournament page I find it very messy. I'd like a filter on there for "tournaments starting in next hour" or something like it. It's hard to filter down the results without ending up with about 80 tournaments to look at.
    Posted by jdsallstar

+1
  • edited September 2013
    a little off topic and I'm not a regular MTT player or anything but any time I'm on the tournament page I find it very messy. I'd like a filter on there for "tournaments starting in next hour" or something like it. It's hard to filter down the results without ending up with about 80 tournaments to look at.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Go to the tournament lobby, click on status, all the tournaments will be listed in start time order.

SIMPLES :-)
  • edited September 2013

Back in the day  they used to have £5000 guaranteed £11 entry and £4000 guaranteed £5.50 entry MTT's to name but a few. These were always well subscribed always making over the Guarantee 6-700 runners.bit of a turkey shoot at start but gave all us low level players an opportunity to make a decent cash with skill and luck.Then they lowered the Guarantees and increased the BI's, getting fewer players. Just a thought SKY ;o))
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Morning JD.

As someone else noted, just click "Status" in the Lobby & it puts the Tourneys in chronological order.

You can also click "Buy-In" to put them in cost order, & so on, or "Tournasment" to put them in alpha order.

In all cases, a 2nd click reverses the order.   

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Got to say it : Morning JD. As someone else noted, just click "Status" in the Lobby & it puts the Tourneys in chronological order. You can also click "Buy-In" to put them in cost order, & so on, or "Tournasment" to put them in alpha order. In all cases, a 2nd click reverses the order.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Morning Tk.

Thanks for the reply. Most of its probably me just being pernickety and lazy lol

I am aware you can click status and it puts them in chronological order but it would still be nice to able to filter out 90% of the tournaments that just aren't of any interest to me i.e. starting in +3 hours etc. Because as you say I can sort by buy in but then that will still show the many tournaments that are of no interest to me. The extra filter would just make it a lot easier to navigate IMO.

Filtering tournaments starting in next 2 hours for example and then by buy in would make finding the right tournament a lot easier. For instance when I look in the lobby now and select low stake I.e. for £5 games, there are 125 tournaments showing. That's a lot of tourneys to consider. The extra filter I suggest would reduce this 125 to 14 (as lobby currently stands). I understand sky probably don't want us to filter out all tournament because they want to promote certain ones (mains/mini's etc) but just keep them in a un-filterable (if that's even a word) box at the top.

I also think the tournament window itself could be a little bigger :). As I say there's 125 tourneys showing in the low stake category and each window shows 9 tournaments - that's a lot of scrolling. Other computers/monitors may show more depending on size of screen etc but mine's a pretty standard computer so imagine it's the same for most. 

Sorry that's so long winded but thought I better explain myself fully. Please don't take this post as a complaint post, it's not meant to be one, I'm trying to give honest constructive feedback/suggestions that I think would make the site better and as I said at the start it's probably just me who would like this filter or thinks it would make any difference lol

Cheers
    JD