You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TURBO TUESDAY with Sarah and Reds talking the dream 6 max *****live show thread*****

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
So! first show since the presenter sit n go last week which we've all been sworn to secrecy on, nevertheless I can reveal there's talk of James Hartigan's alter ego James 'Party - gan' *genuinely* and plenty of thigh slapping as Rich regales his panto tales.  A must watch come December...;-)

It was a LOT of fun playing a live televised table for the first time with plenty of banter so... off the back of the recent 'dream 6 max' thread I thought we could revive it for the live show with a slight twist on the categories

Here's the challenge then: choose one person from each of these categories to make the dream 6 max live game...

Seat 1 - You!
Seat 2 - a Sky Poker Player/Presenter or Analyst
Seat 3 - a Poker pro
Seat 4 - a Comedian
Seat 5 - a Musician
Seat 6 - Your choice! a friend, a film star, a character from history - living or no longer with us...

And finally where would this game take place?

It's Turbo tuesday so we'll have live coverage of our main event the 4K Turbo Open from 8pm with a break to take to the cash tables at 9 before returning to the final table at 11.  We had Henners as a jackpot winner last time I was on so fingers crossed we can do it again!

Live from 7 with sunday night's Primo final table...  GL, run well and see you then

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I don't wanna be in seat one!!! It's 'orrible sitting next to the dealer!

*sulks*

Seat 1: BorinLoner
    Seat 2: Sarah Champion - If you're roping me into this game, don't think you're getting away lightly.
    Seat 3: Neil Channing - He's a pretty good talker.
    Seat 4: David Mitchell - Who else wants to see what the Missus has been teaching him?
    Seat 5: Frankie Sandford - She's very purdy.
    Seat 6: The one that got away/The one that crushed my spirit - Need I say more?

The venue for this event would be the Little Chef on the northbound carriageway of the A9 near Stirling. Just because.
  • edited September 2013
    About that presenter's tournament, I'm sure you'll PM me the result later. Cheers Sarah. ;)

I'm afraid that not many people had much faith in your mad skillz on the forum: Presenters' Sit and Go

Can you believe you got less than a third as many votes as Orford? Embarrassing.

I heard the first twenty minutes of your radio show the other night, before putting my tired little head to bed. You mock S Club and yet play Pearl Jam? Prrrfff! No taste.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Sarah and Reds

My selection for a six max game

Seat 1. Me - Every table should have a fish and I elect myself.
    Seat 2. Tikay - He makes me feel like a youngster by comparison and he's always good entertainment value.
    Seat 3. Julian Thew - A deadly foe but a nice guy to share a table with.
    Seat 4. Billy Connolly - the funniest man I know and someone I've always wanted to meet.   
    Seat 5. Steve Knightley - My musical hero, an imaginative songwriter so his poker should be interesting.
    Seat 6. Methusaleh - I thought it would be nice for Tikay to have someone at the table who made him look like a mere stripling.

The location would have to be a cement factory so that Tikay felt at home.

Have a great show.

Cheers

Ian

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: TURBO TUESDAY with Sarah and Reds talking the dream 6 max *****live show thread*****:
    I don't wanna be in seat one!!! It's 'orrible sitting next to the dealer! *sulks* Seat 1: BorinLoner Seat 2: Sarah Champion - If you're roping me into this game, don't think you're getting away lightly. Seat 3: Neil Channing - He's a pretty good talker. Seat 4: David Mitchell - Who else wants to see what the Missus has been teaching him? Seat 5: Frankie Sandford - She's very purdy. Seat 6: The one that got away/The one that crushed my spirit - Need I say more? The venue for this event would be the Little Chef on the northbound carriageway of the A9 near Stirling. Just because.
    Posted by BorinLoner

You had me at 'Little Chef' ;-)

Sx
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1, me, all other seats, my beard, it needs the room!

Either that or...

Seat 1 Cenachav
    Seat 2 Stuart Rutter.  Every time I listen to him my game improves.  I can't say how highly I rate him.
    Seat 3 Sam Razavi.  Great player, Great talker and a good laugh.  A great addition to any home game
    Seat 4 Tim Minchin.  Funny funny man and my girlfriend would love having him around for a bit
    Seat 5 Bruce Dickinson.  Lead singer with Iron Maiden, pilot, fencer, author and all round good guy.
    Seat 6 My two girls can share this seat.  I couldn't leave Sienna and Jasmine out.  Sienna could try to out talk everyone there and Jasmine could be the muscle if it all kicks off.

As for where it could be held, It has to be in the Sky Poker studios, broadcast live to give me eternal bragging rights when I go and take it down!

Have fun all and run golden
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 - Well, me. Obviously.
    Seat 2 - Sarah Champion; because it's unusual when beauty and brains collide, and these qualities should be cherished when they do ;)
    Seat 3 - Phil Helmuth; for the banter and the unrivalled insight.
    Seat 4 - Jerry Seinfeld; because his observational comedy is second to none.
    Seat 5 - Elvis; he would have a lot of stories to tell, I'm sure.
    Seat 6 - Jesus; I want to ask him about the trick with the bread and fish.

And this wonderful event takes place in the revolving restaurant at the top of Sydney Tower, overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world.

Too corny? :)

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: TURBO TUESDAY with Sarah and Reds talking the dream 6 max *****live show thread*****:
    Seat 1, me, all other seats, my beard, it needs the room! Either that or... Seat 1 Cenachav Seat 2 Stuart Rutter.  Every time I listen to him my game improves.  I can't say how highly I rate him. Seat 3 Sam Razavi.  Great player, Great talker and a good laugh.  A great addition to any home game Seat 4 Tim Minchin.  Funny funny man and my girlfriend would love having him around for a bit Seat 5 Bruce Dickinson.  Lead singer with Iron Maiden, pilot, fencer, author and all round good guy. Seat 6 My two girls can share this seat.  I couldn't leave Sienna and Jasmine out.  Sienna could try to out talk everyone there and Jasmine could be the muscle if it all kicks off. As for where it could be held, It has to be in the Sky Poker studios, broadcast live to give me eternal bragging rights when I go and take it down! Have fun all and run golden
    Posted by cenachav

You've got Rutter & Razavi there, and then one of your daughters can try and out-talk everybody? I would pity Minchin & Dickinson (although Bruce's eardrums are probably shot after 30 years of playing Heavy Metal!)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: TURBO TUESDAY with Sarah and Reds talking the dream 6 max *****live show thread***** : You had me at 'Little Chef' ;-) Sx
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Wow! You're a cheap date.
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 - Well, me. Obviously. Seat 2 - Sarah Champion; because it's unusual when beauty and brains collide, and these qualities should be cherished when they do ;) Seat 3 - Phil Helmuth; for the banter and the unrivalled insight. Seat 4 - Jerry Seinfeld; because his observational comedy is second to none. Seat 5 - Elvis; he would have a lot of stories to tell, I'm sure. Seat 6 - Jesus; I want to ask him about the trick with the bread and fish. And this wonderful event takes place in the revolving restaurant at the top of Sydney Tower, overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world. Too corny? :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    That sounds like an AMAZING night!  Where do I sign up!? 

Sx
  • edited September 2013
    About that presenter's tournament, I'm sure you'll PM me the result later. Cheers Sarah. ;) I'm afraid that not many people had much faith in your mad skillz on the forum: Presenters' Sit and Go Can you believe you got less than a third as many votes as Orford? Embarrassing. I heard the first twenty minutes of your radio show the other night, before putting my tired little head to bed. You mock S Club and yet play Pearl Jam? Prrrfff! No taste.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Don't think I didn't see that thread...  I SAW that thread... And the only really 'embarrassing' thing about it is the people that put their money on Orford ;-)
  • edited September 2013
    Superb suggestions so far thanks all!  Keep em coming for the live show...  Looking forward to it.

Sarah xx
  • edited September 2013
    looking forward to the show - gl
    how about a rhyming sextet

Me (GELDY)
    You (Champion)
    Thew (yoyo)
    Pugh (Mickey)
    Lou (Reed)
    Doo (Scooby)

all at the zoo
  • edited September 2013
    What, no Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub?
  • edited September 2013
    What, no Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub?
    Posted by FCHD
    Just pray that Windy Miller isn't invited.  He's been on an all bean diet and it ain't pretty!
  • edited September 2013
    looking forward to the show - gl how about a rhyming sextet Me (GELDY) You (Champion) Thew (yoyo) Pugh (Mickey) Lou (Reed) Doo (Scooby) all at the zoo
    Posted by GELDY
    Ha ha! Brilliant! X
  • edited September 2013
    Ok, let's try this and use 5 differnet names than from the other thread

Seat 1 - Me!
    Seat 2 - James Hartigan - always interesting, bound to have a number of good poker stories after following the tour around Europe for years
    Seat 3 - Victoria Coren - eloquent, funny, always willing to speak her mind
    Seat 4 - Henning Wehn - his German take on all things British amuse me
    Seat 5 - Nigel Blackwater - anyone who can come up the Half Man Half Biscuit lyrics must be someone who would be worth spending an evening with
    Seat 6 - Danny Boyle - as recognition for the 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, and he just seems to be an all round decent bloke.

As to where to hold it, anywhere where decent food and drinks keep coming and any background music is not too loud to disturb the conversation.
  • edited September 2013
    Seat1---- Me.
    Seat2---- Richard Orford. (Guy is comedy gold)..
    Seat3---- Liv Boeree. (Obvious reasons- hot hot and good at poker)
    Seat4---- Frankie Boyle. (Seen him live, funny guy)
    Seat5---- Johhny Cash ( Hes class singer, and would have stories)
    Seat6---- George Best (Class player, liked the ladies, tell some stories).
  • edited September 2013
    Fleetwood Mac are awesome - one of the greatest bands of the seventies - and Stevie Nicks has one of the sexiest vocals in music. Reds - you don't know what you're missing! :)
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 - Lee Chinnick (me)
    Seat 2 - Sarah Champion
    Seat 3 - Vanessa Rousso
    Seat 4 - Sarah Silverman

Seat 5 - Kylie Minogue
    Seat 6 - Mila Kunis 

Location Surfers Paradise beach and because its my dream game its strip poker :)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: TURBO TUESDAY with Sarah and Reds talking the dream 6 max *****live show thread***** : You've got Rutter & Razavi there, and then one of your daughters can try and out-talk everybody? I would pity Minchin & Dickinson (although Bruce's eardrums are probably shot after 30 years of playing Heavy Metal!)
    Posted by FCHD
    Sienna can talk the hind legs off a donkey, then the front legs, then try to persuade it that it can still walk!
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 - greggo1410
    Seat 2 - Ryan Spittles
    Seat 3 - Phil Hellmuth
    Seat 4 - Peter Kay 
    Seat 5 - Psy (Gangnam Style)
    Seat 6 - Bret Maverick (Mel Gibson)

To be played in a pub in the back alleys of Wigan
  • edited September 2013
    Frankie Sandford sings and is therefore a musician.

Also, if she's watching this she's probably crying now. Are you proud Sarah? You made a pregnant girl cry. :'(

Everyone loves a Little Chef.
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 - Lee Chinnick (me) Seat 2 - Sarah Champion Seat 3 - Vanessa Rousso Seat 4 - Sarah Silverman Seat 5 - Kylie Minogue Seat 6 - Mila Kunis  Location Surfers Paradise beach and because its my dream game its strip poker :)
    Posted by chinooka21
    I see what you did there.
  • edited September 2013
    I hope someone says Redmond in seat 2 soon. We don't want any strops.
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah, I reckon we should get the camera on his face every time Sarah reads a new list out :)
  • edited September 2013
    Seat 1 Me
    Seat 2 Sarah Champion
    Seat 3 Victoria Coren
    Seat 4 Dylan Moran
    Seat 5 Phil Lynott
    Seat 6 Ayrton Senna

Set in the Ice Hotel in Lapland which has a poker table made in ice.

Pat
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by BorinLoner

Why would you want someone there's who is bound to win all your chips?
  • edited September 2013
    My 6 max table

Seat 1 - You!

Seat 2 - TeeKay
    Seat 3 - Phil Helmuth
    Seat 4 - Jeff Dunham
    Seat 5 - Mika
    Seat 6 - Would have to be Idina Menzel for a bit of table class!
  • edited September 2013
    I have only chosen the best of the best for my dream table

Seat 1 POKERTREV (best fish)
    Seat 2 Jen Mason (best eye candy)
    Seat 3 Victoria Coren (best female professional Player)
    Seat 4 Rhod Gilbert (best comedian ever)
    Seat 5 Paloma faith (best underrated performer)
    Seat 6 My Mum (best mum)

Have a great show guys.

ps. i'm already out of the main event....went for the BEST try and Double up early approach :)

• edited September 2013
    1) a00rock...I don't have a choice
    2) Richard Orford ...I would have a chance of owning him me thinks and a funny guy.
    3) Action Paul Jackson... The few times I have seen him on sky I have been so impressed. A good guy with plenty to say we would never be lost for words.
    4) Tikay... Well he makes me laugh, and to wind Orford up.
    5)Akiko Suwanai...For obvious reasons and I bet she could fiddle a few hands.
    6)My Grandad...He only had one arm but he could thrash me at snooker and he loved gambling in all forms although I'm pretty sure he never played poker it would be right up his street.

Location...The New Ballroom in Buckingham Palace.. just for the opulence.