You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another sickening loss

tenJQKAce Small blind  100.00 100.00 875.00
courtswans Big blind  200.00 300.00 5387.50
  Your hole cards

allymo20 All-in  6475.00 6775.00 0.00
25075424 Fold     
pkeith Fold     
gazwild810 Fold     
tenJQKAce Fold     
courtswans All-in  5387.50 12162.50 0.00
allymo20 Unmatched bet  887.50 11275.00 887.50
courtswans Show

allymo20 Show
  • K
  • J

Flop

Turn

River

allymo20 Win Four 6s

Comments

• edited September 2013
    You can fold 99 here you know?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss:
    You can fold 99 here you know?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    maybe, but as it was a freeroll I thought what the heck, but after seeing that flop I was always on to and those 6's came up I was a frustrated to say the least
  • edited September 2013
    If you really think this is ''sickening'', bearing in mind its a freeroll, then I certainly wouldn't play any real money tournaments.
  • edited September 2013
    If you really think this is ''sickening'', bearing in mind its a freeroll, then I certainly wouldn't play any real money tournaments.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    yup I play real money tournaments and have won a few my friend, and I was on about the way I lost the hand, yup, ok, if a J or a K came up then id accept the loss, but 6 fours and losing to a higher card is a  "sickening loss" if you disagree then good for you
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : yup I play real money tournaments and have won a few my friend, and I was on about the way I lost the hand, yup, ok, if a J or a K came up then id accept the loss, but 6 fours and losing to a higher card is a  "sickening loss" if you disagree then good for you
    Posted by courtswans
    Its the same difference. The 6 is just as a legitimate out as a K or a J. Nothing sickening about it whatsoever, it's a hand of poker in a freeroll. There are much more ''sickening'' things going on in the world than some guy hitting a 7 outer on you in a free to play tournament.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : Its the same difference. The 6 is just as a legitimate out as a K or a J. Nothing sickening about it whatsoever, it's a hand of poker in a freeroll. There are much more ''sickening'' things going on in the world than some guy hitting a 7 outer on you in a free to play tournament.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I do play real money tournaments and suffer unlucky loses. granted I don't go playing the main events as I am a 18 year old student! but whether or not its a freeroll or money tournament its still an unlucky loss!
  • edited September 2013
    dw m8 he loves to post rubbish on people topic/check spelling as well and it happens to everyone m8 move on
  • edited September 2013
    No, Harry's right. We lost what was around a 50:50 flip. How the hand played out doesn't matter. The chances of it coming Quad sixes was just part of the KJ's 50% equity. Thinking about it in any other way is going to be a problem for our game.

I also agree with Harry that we can and probably should fold pre-flop. Unless we've seen this guy being mental and shoving every hand, or he's shown that he's done this with weak hands, we're very likely to be calling hoping to see a flip at best. The rest of the time he'll show us TT+ and we'll be way behind.
  • edited September 2013
    dw m8 he loves to post rubbish on people topic/check spelling as well and it happens to everyone m8 move on
    Posted by imtoogoo26

Think you're confusing me with someone else. I don't care about spelling. And what ''rubbish'' have I posted? OP said it was a ''sickening loss''. I pointed out that A) he didn't need to call and B) he lost a flip, a very common thing in poker. 

• edited September 2013
    No, Harry's right. We lost what was around a 50:50 flip. How the hand played out doesn't matter. The chances of it coming Quad sixes was just part of the KJ's 50% equity. Thinking about it in any other way is going to be a problem for our game. I also agree with Harry that we can and probably should fold pre-flop. Unless we've seen this guy being mental and shoving every hand, or he's shown that he's done this with weak hands, we're very likely to be calling hoping to see a flip at best. The rest of the time he'll show us TT+ and we'll be way behind.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    no i disagree with this, hes never open shoving 32bbs with 1010+, i cant get my chips in quick enough with 99 in this spot.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : no i disagree with this, hes never open shoving 32bbs with 1010+, i cant get my chips in quick enough with 99 in this spot.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Fair enough. But chances are if you're not up against an overpair, it will be 2 overcards. So to then lose a poker race and say it's ''sickening'' is a bit silly no? 

Wonder what CCF might have to say... ;)
  • edited September 2013
    CCF would say something like...

Call

if you dont like money
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : Fair enough. But chances are if you're not up against an overpair, it will be 2 overcards. So to then lose a poker race and say it's ''sickening'' is a bit silly no?  Wonder what CCF might have to say... ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    We shall never know.

Prob something like.
    " Harry and Rock, you are both far below my level of intelligence and as such I shall refrain from discussing high level strategy with you in future. You are neck and neck at the top of my chump list league"
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : Fair enough. But chances are if you're not up against an overpair, it will be 2 overcards. So to then lose a poker race and say it's ''sickening'' is a bit silly no?  Wonder what CCF might have to say... ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    yeah of course its not sickening,if you play tournaments you get used to this as you know.

i just disagree that its a fold pre thats all. worst case senario is you are flipping but more often than not i think its smaller pairs when there open shoving 32bbs.

as for ccf, the mention of his name has just put me right off my supper. but i do plan on going to an spt one day and i hope i run into him :-)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : yeah of course its not sickening,if you play tournaments you get used to this as you know. i just disagree that its a fold pre thats all. worst case senario is you are flipping but more often than not i think its smaller pairs when there open shoving 32bbs. as for ccf, the mention of his name has just put me right off my supper. but i do plan on going to an spt one day and i hope i run into him :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Unless the SPT has 2p 4p on the go on the side, I don't think you'll see him Rock ;)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : Unless the SPT has 2p 4p on the go on the side, I don't think you'll see him Rock ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    true, i live in hope though.
  • edited October 2013
    wow you lost a flip....sickening...
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : yup I play real money tournaments and have won a few my friend, and I was on about the way I lost the hand, yup, ok, if a J or a K came up then id accept the loss, but 6 fours and losing to a higher card is a  "sickening loss" if you disagree then good for you
    Posted by courtswans
    Yep..I get your op...I had the same but with kk.then 2222 came on the board and the guy had a/6..I still have nightmares years later!..
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : Yep..I get your op...I had the same but with kk.then 2222 came on the board and the guy had a/6..I still have nightmares years later!..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    yeah its a bad way to lose, perhaps my headline was over the top, because the opponent had several outs, but 4 of the same card coming out and then getting beat by the higher card is a bit of a stinker.
  • edited October 2013
    It's no more a stinker than if a Jack or a King appeared.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: another sickening loss : no i disagree with this, hes never open shoving 32bbs with 1010+, i cant get my chips in quick enough with 99 in this spot.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    How do you know this?  I mean if we had not saw what this guy had actually shoved we would of been saying that he is never shoving KJo for 32bbs right?

It was a freeroll and if he's not serious about it, then snap call and have the 54/45 gamble in your favour.

If this was a proper tournament then you would have to take ICM into account, reads on the player etc.

Now let's give villian a probable range (bearing in mind he shoved KJo)

66-88, KTs+, KJo+, ATo+, ATs+

gives us 60/40 in our favour.

Now let's add TT to the equation which now makes us 58/42.

Finally the usual range that you see people go wild with when the open shove 25-30bbs as they hate to play these hands for some reason, or simply cannot play them post-flop:

TT, AQo+, AQs+

Which now makes us 49/51 in there favour.  If you wanna add 77,88 to the equation then we're 57/43

Now is it worth gambling when you have 30bbs and are most probably flipping?
  • edited October 2013
    I'm just amazed the guy had k j. Normally free roll people call with 7 2 off 8 3 sssuiittted I would be happy I lost to a half decent hand and not the normal rags.