You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

13 minutes past

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
OK so I've played on the site for 8 hours tonight

And without fail, every hour during that period and exactly the same time (I'm a pedant so please believe me I'm right) .... 13 minutes past the hour my connection dropped.

I always managed to re-connect, but...... in one situation in particular this cost me a MASSIVELY important bet.

There was / is obviously an issue, I'd like to know what Sky's resolution is please?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Unlucky for some
  • edited September 2013
    Are you sure it's not something interfering with your Wi-Fi signal? I know there's an ATM just outside my house that, I think, is responsible for causing mine to periodically drop out.
  • edited September 2013
    I've just added to my notes on you Simon, "raise at 13mins past the hour".

xx.12 - fold pre!!

Never had a problem myself.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to 13 minutes past:
    OK so I've played on the site for 8 hours tonight And without fail, every hour during that period and exactly the same time (I'm a pedant so please believe me I'm right) .... 13 minutes past the hour my connection dropped. I always managed to re-connect, but...... in one situation in particular this cost me a MASSIVELY important bet. There was / is obviously an issue, I'd like to know what Sky's resolution is please?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hi Slykllist

We've looked at this and our system monitoring does not show any system slowdown or system connection problems at these times. If that was happening more widely, everyone would see it too and we'd get more people on here saying the same. I'm sure some people would say 'typical Sky' but this seems to point to something at your end.

If you google "computer slowdown every hour" you will find lots of discussions from people experiencing similar issues on their computer. With suggestions being made about regular PC/Mac system tasks potentially slowing things down. It's worth taking a look in case it helps. Also, we're pretty sure a few others on here might have suggestions to help you.

One common suggestion seems to be to have task manager open when you experience this so you can see what is running on your device at that time. That might give you some clues.

If you spot anything in this, do feel free to post here so that either (a) someone might be able to help or (b) to help others who this could happen to too.

We will continue to monitor this thread to see if we can help again too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Sky Poker