You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never seen this before on Sky

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #693164943

Playing a BH, blinds 40/80, I've got QQ in the SB,
shortie utg with 345 chips limps for 80,
c/o limps for 80, dealer limps for 80,
I raise 200 to force shortie to shove all-in, he does, dealer just flats,
so I'm looking to raise/shove to isolate shortie for bounty... but...

The actions box only allowed me two options, to call or fold, WHY?

I can only call for 105 chips, I've got 3665 and both of them coverd,
flop then comes K high, dealer ended up rivering trips to take the bounty

Why can I not re-raise pre-flop after a shortie is all in with a limper behind?

As post header, I've never seen this before on Sky.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    because the all in is smaller than your initial raise, it is therefore considered an under raise meaning that when the action comes back to you, your only choices will be either call or fold

FYI this is not Sky specific, and is standard
  • edited September 2013
    Also for future hands you may want to consider making the raise size to an amount that allows you to reshove over the top again. (eg. 190 raise pre-flop here would give UTG 115 chips to shove and since your raise was only 110 (80-190) you can then re-raise again.

Secondly you shold still be betting on the K high flop with your QQ. We most likely still have the best hand so we want to be charging the other players to stay in the pot. I know it's a dry side pot but we do have a hand here so we're allowed to bet.
  • edited September 2013
    A good post as I did not know this although I must have come across this situation before and just not realised this fact. Also well explained Shanxta and Ivan.
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for the explanation SHANXTA & F_Ivanovic, just never seen this situation before.

Agreed, QQ was still probably the best hand post flop, as oppo was calling any2 in position,
    thats why I wanted to get rid of him pre, for the bounty, but could not re-raise or shove.

Q. Does that mean you could use this to your advantage when OOP for pot control?