You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20 nl intresting hand is my line ok now what on the river is this a hero call?

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
IDONKCALLUSmall blind £0.10£0.10£30.66davylar24Big blind £0.20£0.30£48.05 Your hole cards66   RyanC7Fold    goose27909Raise £0.60£0.90£19.10IDONKCALLURaise £1.70£2.60£28.96davylar24Fold    goose27909Call £1.20£3.80£17.90Flop  745   IDONKCALLUBet £2.20£6.00£26.76goose27909Call £2.20£8.20£15.70Turn  10   IDONKCALLUBet £4.60£12.80£22.16goose27909Call £4.60£17.40£11.10River  9   IDONKCALLUCheck    goose27909Bet £8.70£26.10£2.40

Comments

• edited September 2013
    i didnt bet river as it would be a bluff n only get called when beat am i beating enuff hands to make this a call ?
  • edited September 2013
    Reads would be helpful. BTN's pre-flop raising range? His 3-bet-flatting range? What's your image? How does BTN play draws on the flop and turn? What size have we seen villain bet on river with big hands?

When we bet the turn, are we thinking that most of the hands that call us are draws, so we're value-betting, or are we trying to bluff off better pairs?

Assuming we're betting for value on the flop and turn, when most of the draws miss on the river we can check-call to bluff-catch. I think we need good reads on villain's likely play with flush draws or floats to do this, though.

If we're semi-bluffing the flop and turn then we should probably check-fold the river. Some of the straight draws have come in but people love to call when flush draws miss. We're also representing a fairly narrow value range if we bet and there's only a 2/3 pot bet back. If we're betting the river, the only hands the villain is likely to fold are missed draws, which we beat anyway. So bluffing the river ourselves is not such a good idea.

So, I'd say we can check-call the river if we think villain's range is weighted towards draws. We only need him to have a draw a third of the time, after all. How do we determine whether his range is weighted towards draws? Well, you have to tell us how you think he plays those draws... and you haven't.

Just looking at likely combinations of hands we beat, we're probably not in good shape. A lot of his two overcard hands are going to contain Tens or 9's on the flop, and obviously all his connector type hands have us beat.  We're only really beating QJ, KQ, KJ type hands. It's just whether we think he value bets anything weaker than a good Ten. If not, his range is fairly polarised and we can perhaps call to catch his missed draws...

I'm not sure - That's my answer.

You need to tell us more about the dynamic.