You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Tables - sat out hands limit

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi all

An interesting one to vote on and discuss please...

Currently, when you sit out on cash tables, you have 15 hands to return / sit back in before you are removed from the table. This is obviously to stop people deliberately blocking seats, when they have no intention of re-sitting back in. Especially when someone else wants to play.

When we set it at 15 hands it was discussed with players and it was felt that was enough time to go for a comfort break, make a coffee or whatever withouth losing your place at the table.

However, times change and we could move this number up or down but it's worth discussing the pros and cons of doing this.

So...

Comments

• edited September 2013
    more hands the better as alot of times i make a cuppa tea come bk then of teh tables sigh :/
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Tables - sat out hands limit:
    more hands the better as alot of times i make a cuppa tea come bk then of teh tables sigh :/
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    How long does it take you to make a tea? :)
  • edited September 2013
    I don't think it should be the number of hands... more of a time limit.

If its 15 hands and the orbits go quick cause no1 picks up any hands then you have very little time to get back to your seat before youre kicked off - a problem I've encountered many a time.

Whats wrong with giving say a 6 minute sit out period which you can take every hour?
  • edited September 2013
    5 mins cr ap kettle lol
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah defo do it on time, like 8 minutes. Sometimes u leave for 4/5 mins and when ur back ur still on a couple of tables and booted from others.
  • edited September 2013
    Is there an option of setting it by time away, rather than number of hands away?

I'd imagine there is a reasonable difference between the time to deal 15 hands at a tight-passive table where most hands are folded to the BB and 15 hands at a loose-aggressive table where you often end up getting to the river.

Why not just have a 5-minute setting to compare to the breaks being taken by tournament players - especially useful if you have a mix of MTT/cash tables open and want to synchronise your break?
  • edited September 2013

lol you beat me to it Gazza :)

• edited September 2013
    15 hands is plenty... assuming the odd pot gets played it must be the best part of 10 mins which is loads.

EDIT: Well yeh as above, time would be better if it can be done, but if it's based on no. of hands then 15 seems fine. I regularly go away for smoke breaks mid session, am away for 5 mins at least and don't usually lose any tables.
  • edited September 2013
    Smoking is -EV Lambert.
  • edited September 2013
    Just sat down on two cash table and thought id time how long it took to play 15 hands.

1 table took 4 minutes 8 seconds.
    The other took 10 minutes 23 seconds.

Just shows the differences between the tables.  I think a set time 'sit out' period would be heaps better so you can actually plan your break.
  • edited September 2013
    Just sat down on two cash table and thought id time how long it took to play 15 hands. 1 table took 4 minutes 8 seconds. The other took 10 minutes 23 seconds. Just shows the differences between the tables.  I think a set time 'sit out' period would be heaps better so you can actually plan your break.
    Posted by gazza127
    Clearly you've spent some time on this!
  • edited September 2013
    time limit should = 5 minutes

same time allowed for MTT breaks

• edited September 2013
    solve all problems by a peee pot for side of the bed

and a kettle for ya bedroom :)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Tables - sat out hands limit : Clearly you've spent too much time on this!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Edited for clarity :)
  • edited September 2013
     I would like to see an automatic 5 min break at 55 past the hour, so that every hour we cash game players get a 5 min break the same as the tournie guys. Would be beneficial to those playing tournies and cash at the same time. If you did have to leave the table during any other time I would limit it to 2 mins before you lose your seat. 
  • edited September 2013

me personally I think the main problem is with people who are sitting with £0 in front of them aqnd not so much people who are sat out with a stack in front of them.

we all know theres many reasons why people sit out, toilet, cuppa, someone at the door etc so I think its ok the way it is atm, possibly make it a time amount rather than hands but I defo wouldn't cut it for people who have an active stack in front of them

now onto my biggest pet hate. its the people who have been felted and have zero money in front of them. I believe this time limit should be cut down. too many times ive seen upto 10 minutes pass before these players are removed from there seats. they have no intention of topping up and quite possibly have shut down the table and are elsewhere.

have a 2 minute window for these players to top up or remove, that should allow enough time to deposit money to their account and top up at the table, should they so wish.

for players who have an active balance in front of them at the tables then have it at 5 minutes or so as generally these players will be back within that time

• edited September 2013
     I would like to see an automatic 5 min break at 55 past the hour, so that every hour we cash game players get a 5 min break the same as the tournie guys. Would be beneficial to those playing tournies and cash at the same time. If you did have to leave the table during any other time I would limit it to 2 mins before you lose your seat. 
    Posted by 68Trebor
    This just would not work, a tournament player has scheduled breaks because he/she cannot stand up at any time, unlike a cash game player. If people are playing both games at the same time they can always just sit out on the cash tables.

Anywhere between 5-10 minutes is fine to be honest, 15 hands also, does it really need changing?
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Great idea.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Tables - sat out hands limit : Great idea.
    Posted by Slipwater
    It really isn't
  • edited September 2013
    I don't think it should be a problem if it is a 5 minute or 15 hands time out, what I am sure about is that no site would want to see there cash tables stop producing rake for 5 mins every hr.
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

do you go too china for the teabags???
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Tables - sat out hands limit : It really isn't
    Posted by HiJoker
    I respectfully disagree :)
  • edited September 2013
    All depends if it's a quick 2-piece wipe or half a bog roll.

As i eat quite a few curries I'd prefer 20/25 please ;)

(Sorry to lower the tone :) - I voted 20)
  • edited September 2013
    Its simple.  Just add a 5 minute time bank which resets every hour.  This would mean people could sit out for 5 minutes and they know what they are getting when they go and make a cup of tea.