You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Furthest you've got in a BH with no bounties

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Seems to happen me quite often where I get far in bounty hunters without getting any bounties. At one point in last nights £55 one I was 2nd chip leader with 50k and yet had no bounties. I ended up finishing 8th w/o a single bounty. I'm sure someone's probably reached a final table w/o any but to be 2nd in chips and not have a bounty - not sure if that one has been beat!!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    There was someone on here but name escapes me, won and only had 1 bounty from winning the final hu, i am sure garyqqqqqq  would know who this was.

Anyway wp on ur 8th, ul not to ft in end tho.

Gl all at the tables
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Furthest you've got in a BH with no bounties:
    There was someone on here but name escapes me, won and only had 1 bounty from winning the final hu, i am sure garyqqqqqq  would know who this was. Anyway wp on ur 8th, ul not to ft in end tho. Gl all at the tables
    Posted by ms-tree

So the furthest they got was 2nd with no bounties then?  Just saying! ;-)
  • edited September 2013
    I seem to have a similar problem in BHs... regularly get to final tables with the least bounties. tonight for example, I won the 4k BH and took 3 bounties, 2 earlyish and the third was for the win. as it turns out I only won £50 more than second, even though i kept my own bounty, took their big head prize and £200 extra for 1st!

I've also finished 2nd in a BH before with no bounties! not a big one like the main or side, but still. short stacked pretty much the entire tourmament and just held on/won a couple of flips. think it was a £22 bh, not sure which one though
  • edited September 2013
    In answer to your question, Ivanovic, I regularly go deep without taking a bounty, but not as far as you, so you win that one :)

I think too many players pay too much attention to the bounties. There are too many loose and speculative calls, for the sake of a head prize, and it can mess with a player's game. I have seen - as I'm sure you have - some horrendous calls, which you generally will not get in regular tournaments.
  • edited September 2013
    Its rare for me but I've made several final tables with no bounties. Once i finnished 3rd with none. 
  • edited September 2013
    So this is a brag thread, then?

The furthest I've ever got in a bounty hunter is the first break... Genuinely never taken a head in five or six attempts on the Thursday night main, and probably taken three of four in total in other, lower buy-in BH's.

Sick brag from BorinLoner, if I do say so myself.
  • edited September 2013
    This has got me thinking:

If you hit the final table and see some players with a lot of heads & others with very few , how would you alter your game against them?
  • edited September 2013
    I seem to have a similar problem in BHs... regularly get to final tables with the least bounties. tonight for example, I won the 4k BH and took 3 bounties, 2 earlyish and the third was for the win. as it turns out I only won £50 more than second, even though i kept my own bounty, took their big head prize and £200 extra for 1st! I've also finished 2nd in a BH before with no bounties! not a big one like the main or side, but still. short stacked pretty much the entire tourmament and just held on/won a couple of flips. think it was a £22 bh, not sure which one though
    Posted by chicknMelt
    If you'd told me this last night then I would have folded my JJ in the BH vs you!! I already knew you were a good player but at the same time I've seen others that I regard as good re-raise me in that spot with a lot worse than KK in order to get HU with the short stack.

But I had a horrible feeling I was behind and my instinct was to fold pre-flop (even when I was getting such a good price to at least call) 
  • edited September 2013

I can't remember any specific examples off the top of my head, but during my time posting the tournament results more than once I've seen bounty tournaments with hundreds of runners won by a guy with only one head prize, also players getting second place with no head-prizes.

In my experience the players who make a consistant profit in Bounty Hunters don't take high numbers of head prizes because they resist the temptation to get involved in the early wild gambling that the less skilled players enjoy. If you see a guy with a runaway chiplead and 10+ bounties in the mid-stages of a Bounty Hunter it's nearly always a bingo player who's having his/her lucky day, if you look at their long term results you'll see it costs a lot of money to play like that.

• edited September 2013
    Agree about BH's with a decent number of runners, but what about BH's with less amount of runners? It seems lke gambling in these tournaments can be much more profitable since we will often win more through our amount of bounties than a min-cash. 
  • edited September 2013
    I can't remember any specific examples off the top of my head, but during my time posting the tournament results I've seen more than once bounty tournaments with hundreds of runners won by a guy with only one head prize, also players who getting second with no head-prizes. In my experience the players who make a consistant profit in Bounty Hunters don't take high numbers of head prizes because they resist the temptation to get involved in the early wild gambling that the less skilled players enjoy. If you see a guy with a runaway chiplead and 10+ bounties in the mid-stages of a Bounty Hunter it's nearly always a bingo player who's having his/her lucky day, if you look at his/her long term results you'll see it costs a lot of money to play like that.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Ha.  Mattbates all over.

;)
  • edited September 2013
    I personally do not play bounty hunters, (unless for very small stakes with lots of overlay), as garyqqqqq has said i to see alot of early shoving and action on too many tables, i do understand that most players do this to try to get 2 heads early then free rolling for the rest of the siad tourny, but as an mtt player and more of a slow builder of chips in mtt's b/h do not suit my style.

Also if running deep in a b/h and with minamal heads to your name, the prize monies being split for these, you would win alot more if same on just normal mtt. SKY increase the b/h schedule on this site as this attracts most players, why would SKY want to attract BINGO players tho (easy money for them i guess) as soon as they go out in one by playing very loose to try to get a head, there is allways another in lobby.

There are a few good bounty hunter players on this site (no names mentioned lol), that play this as a regular mtt, knowing skill will allways out last the loose/bingo player, and they also find b/h's in general to be the softest mtt's on SKY.

Rant over lol, gl all at the tables