You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 away from cash

same old same old get it in good with q q and get outdrawn by the sickest hand you can get yes a royal flush am i just one unlcky player or is this a pattern i need to pull away from and maybe fold a smaller stack  as i always lose i then shoved 8k to steal and no surprise i then lose to queens

Comments

• edited September 2013
    If you're that desperate to cash then fold. Otherwise, just get it in and whatever happens, happens. 

Yet another pointless thread started.
  • edited September 2013
    For starters, its in the wrong section.

Second, you offer nothing about the hand, chip stacks, villain tendencies, table dynamic, blind level etc etc. So it's almost impossible to give advice on, but I still gave you my advice based on the very limited info.

Give a hand history, background info and stick it in the right section, then it won't go down as just another pointless thread.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2 away from cash:
    yer because u need to no this every time dont you to beable to understand that i called a small stack who shoves after my raise lol  read up grandad  
    Posted by ALANSK100
    Why didn't you mention this in the original post? Regardless, I'm done trying to help you. Think you're beyond help anyway.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited September 2013
    Post the hand and we'll be able to tell u if you were ul or not.
  • edited September 2013
    Said his QQ was beaten, didn't mention anything about how the hand panned out or stack sizes involved.

Edit - Cheers for deleting your post Glenlg!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2 away from cash :
    In Response to Re: 2 away from cash : Why didn't you mention this in the original post? Regardless, I'm done trying to help you. Think you're beyond help anyway. Good luck at the tables. Posted by hhyftrftdr[/  clearly need it on this site the hand before this  one was a classic too im just alwayson the wrong side of it thank you for your 2 pennys worth fold if you cant afford it hmm if we couldnt afford it would we really be playing so your 2pence worth was just as pointless really
    Posted by ALANSK100
    I said if you're desperate to cash, nothing about being able to afford the game or not. At least read what I put properly.
  • edited September 2013
    Post the hand and we'll be able to tell u if you were ul or not.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i lost what more do you need to be unlucky lol

dealer button  />> me 14k
    s/b about 7k
    big blind 13k

i raise  from 1k blind to 3k 
    s/b shoves stack
    big blind folds
    leaves me 2.8k to call

im calling  no point in folding here imo

he shows ace ten of diamonds
    flop k d 4 c j diamond turn j of hearts river queen of diamonds

never even seen one in 2 years almost of playing
  • edited September 2013
    If I've read it right, it's about as standard as a hand gets towards the business end of a tournament. No-one did anything wrong, just unfortunate your hand couldn't hold. But this is poker.

Edit -  you could also just jam the button here too, though result stays the same probably.
  • edited September 2013
    +1 ^

looks standard Al.

I'd min raise or open shove, to try and get him to put it in as wide as possible.

You were lucky he was as strong as AT.

• edited September 2013
    just no getting away from this run bad ive put in alot of time studying the site my history finding leaks its just not enough  and getting right on my wick now ready to call it a day people say it turns round im waiting for this day where i can cash more then a quid in a freebie lol
  • edited September 2013
    ahh f uk it and your site ill stick to buying myself something nice
  • edited September 2013