You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Software Update Today: Omaha Cash Table Support

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Morning Everyone,

We have added Omaha and Omaha Hi Lo cash table support for the new software today.

Simply visit the Omaha (and Hi Lo) cash table lobby and you will see the 'launch new table' when you select a table.

Tournament support is progressing well, you can expect to see these to start running over the next 2 weeks.

As always, we really appreciate your feedback so please feel free to comment

Best Wishes

The Sky Poker Team

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Timebank please :-)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New Software Update Today: Omaha Cash Table Support:
    Timebank please :-)
    Posted by sikas

+1

Has the 2/4 6max PLO table been removed purposefully from the lobby or is it a glitch or something?

Also, will 1.50/3+ 6max PLO now produce more than one table (when it fills, 3 players+), like 1/2 does as well as all of the holdem tables?

I'll make another post later or email sky with screenshots and more detailed info... but for myself and a few others, the new software crashes wayyyy too often meaning its unusable without the risk of it crashing in a big pot. Is this a known problem and if so is it being worked on?

Thanks
  • edited September 2013
    no timebank please the game can be slow enough at times.and if people choose too play 6+ tables that is upto them and also they,re choice too do so.remember the recreational players that just want short games so they can learn and try and improve..maybe put a timebank on higher stake tables that would suit the better players who play fulltime .while keeping lower stakes tables as they are i like a few others i know play sky for the fact the games are enjoyable and don,t have this horrible time bank too use to run up the bbs and waste time thats just my opinion
  • edited September 2013
    How about a 2p/4p Omaha High-Low cash table please?
  • edited September 2013
    How about a 2p/4p Omaha High-Low cash table please?
    Posted by FCHD

+1
  • edited October 2013
    Hi All,

We've added some 2p/4p PL Omaha Hi lo tables to the cash lobby now.

We've also added some extra 6 max £1.50/£3.00 PLO tables. Yes the £2/£4 has been removed for now to consolidate liquidity and de-clutter the omaha cash lobby. (Also removed are a number of 'capped' and 'action' omaha tables which simply aren't being played.)

sikas: We cannot introduce a timebank until the old software is switched off, but it's definitely something which we are looking at implementing as it is probably the most asked for feature on the new software right now.

churchy: We will carefully consider how this would be done as we appreciate that some players don't like their play being held up.

jh16: We are looking at this issue now, we really want to get some info from you to help us investiagte as we cant currently reproduce it at our end, i'll arrange for someone to contact you directly

Best wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2013
    Needs a pot button in betting options, also cant click the raise bar to 3.5bb, only 3bb (have to drag bet slider manually to get max bet)

Cards placed like [] [] are really annoying as it takes quite a while to register what people actually have
     [] []

More to come as I play them
  • edited October 2013
    Hi All, We've added some 2p/4p PL Omaha Hi lo tables to the cash lobby now. We've also added some extra 6 max £1.50/£3.00 PLO tables. Yes the £2/£4 has been removed for now to consolidate liquidity and de-clutter the omaha cash lobby. (Also removed are a number of 'capped' and 'action' omaha tables which simply aren't being played.) sikas: We cannot introduce a timebank until the old software is switched off, but it's definitely something which we are looking at implementing as it is probably the most asked for feature on the new software right now. churchy: We will carefully consider how this would be done as we appreciate that some players don't like their play being held up. jh16: We are looking at this issue now, we really want to get some info from you to help us investiagte as we cant currently reproduce it at our end, i'll arrange for someone to contact you directly Best wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Hi,

I tested the 1/3 6max PLO table with someone else on it with me and another one doesnt appear in the lobby. Is this going to be fixed or kept to just one table?

The same for the 2.5/5 6max PLO, its had a decent amount of use over the last few weeks, would be good if we could get more than just the 1 of those aswell while there are some games running. Surely they rake a lot too?!

With regards to the problem with the new software no one has contacted me to my knowledge, either email or phone. I'll email/phone on Monday unless someone contacts me sooner.

Thanks
  • edited October 2013

In Response to Re: New Software Update Today: Omaha Cash Table Support : Hi, I tested the 1/3 6max PLO table with someone else on it with me and another one doesnt appear in the lobby. Is this going to be fixed or kept to just one table? The same for the 2.5/5 6max PLO, its had a decent amount of use over the last few weeks, would be good if we could get more than just the 1 of those aswell while there are some games running. Surely they rake a lot too?! With regards to the problem with the new software no one has contacted me to my knowledge, either email or phone. I'll email/phone on Monday unless someone contacts me sooner. Thanks
    Posted by jh16

Hi There,

If it was only yourself and one other player on the 6 max table then it would not spawn a new table. New 6 max tables appear in the lobby once the existing table at that limit and format is half full

There are additional 1.50/3 PLO tables available which will appear in the lobby as above now.

I've just added some additional £2.50/£5.00 6 max PLO, so these should also start appearing with the above rule.

Apologies that you haven't received any comms, i will speak to our priority team now to find out what's happened.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2013
    Yea i gotta agree with churchy 100% its bad enough atm when alot of the regs keep timing out due to playing more tables than they can handle.

Nothing more tilting than someone who keeps running down the timebank wether it be on purpose or just because they got to many tables open  , adding a timebank should only be added to..

1.Mtt final table
    2.Higher stakes players.

Would become seriously annoying if timebank was added to cash and i no i wouldnt be alone here , its the only option im dreading to see added to cash if it happens as i got the patience of "0" and play for action and to make money not to wait 2 minutes every hand because a player cant leave the timebank alone.

Kinda off topic but all the other features have been a big bonus.
  • edited October 2013
    I storngly would oppose it only being added to "Higher stakes players" - either everyone is in or everyone is out.
  • edited October 2013
    Needs a pot button in betting options, also cant click the raise bar to 3.5bb, only 3bb (have to drag bet slider manually to get max bet) Cards placed like [] [] are really annoying as it takes quite a while to register what people actually have  [] [] More to come as I play them
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Hi Chris,

We've added a 'Pot' quickbet button this morning to the pre-flop options on the new software

This has been applied to Omaha and Hold em for cash games and tournaments (we are currently running some freerolls in the new software). It replaces the 2BB 'raise to' amount which was effectively redundant given this is the default opening raise offered when it is your turn to act (assuming 2BB is still a valid raise to amount)

Therefore quickbet options pre-flop are now

3BB, 4BB, Pot, All In

Post Flop remains:

1/2 Pot, 3/4 Pot, Pot, All In

Is this better?

Kind Regards

Adam