You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Standard Snap Off Spot?

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
On the downswingaments as you know so probably just looking for re-assurance here...

Thoughts on going to £3 total with my 4bet after the tiny 3bet? More, less or perfect?

Standard snap 'em off spot? I bet small deliberately to allow someone to ship a FD or a weaker OP that they might not feel so comfortable with if I go like £7-8... although wasn't expecting 2 ships.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
hornetjim Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.50
jensen1986 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £11.06
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £18.16
Amy Raise   £1.00 £1.90 £19.34
Sheldon Call   £1.00 £2.90 £18.83
routeledge Fold        
hornetjim Fold        
jensen1986 Call   £0.80 £3.70 £10.26
Lambert180 Raise   £2.40 £6.10 £15.76
Amy Call   £2.00 £8.10 £17.34
Sheldon Call   £2.00 £10.10 £16.83
jensen1986 Call   £2.00 £12.10 £8.26
Flop

jensen1986 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £3.00 £15.10 £12.76
Amy All-in   £17.34 £32.44 £0.00
Sheldon All-in   £16.83 £49.27 £0.00
jensen1986 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   £12.76 £62.03 £0.00

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Go bigger pre-flop. Table seems fishy and we want to try and isolate with KK or get it 3 way at most. There's already £3.70 in the spot and I so I'd probably make it 3.70ish total more.

I'm not a fan of the small flop bet in this particular spot because the board is somewhat wet and we're 4 way. If it was T92r or T52 with one FD then you can definitely bet smaller (although even then I'd go at least £5) - only time I would bet your size is if it was T52r.

Also I really can't see these players folding overpairs here. You might get more calls with 9x or some hands like 55-88 to call but you're also inviting flush draws/straight draws as well as allowing Tx and 9x to hit 2 pairs. And when they do call you haven't defined their range at all and there are going to be a lot of turn cards where you now might not be sure if you are ahead or not.

This particular flop I think around £7 is a nice bet size. As played you have to call it off really w/o any specific reads. One of them might have flopped a set but you probably induced somewhat lighter shoves from your small bet size (one good reason to bet this small could be that if at least a couple of villains are aggressive) - but if only 1 is aggressive and most are passive definitely a bigger sizing is the way to go.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Standard Snap Off Spot?:
    Go bigger pre-flop. Table seems fishy and we want to try and isolate with KK or get it 3 way at most. There's already £3.70 in the spot and I so I'd probably make it 3.70ish total more. I'm not a fan of the small flop bet in this particular spot because the board is somewhat wet and we're 4 way. If it was T92r or T52 with one FD then you can definitely bet smaller (although even then I'd go at least £5) - only time I would bet your size is if it was T52r. Also I really can't see these players folding overpairs here. You might get more calls with 9x or some hands like 55-88 to call but you're also inviting flush draws/straight draws as well as allowing Tx and 9x to hit 2 pairs. And when they do call you haven't defined their range at all and there are going to be a lot of turn cards where you now might not be sure if you are ahead or not. This particular flop I think around £7 is a nice bet size. As played you have to call it off really w/o any specific reads. One of them might have flopped a set but you probably induced somewhat lighter shoves from your small bet size (one good reason to bet this small could be that if at least a couple of villains are aggressive) - but if only 1 is aggressive and most are passive definitely a bigger sizing is the way to go.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    +1 to most of this.

Think the flop call is more of a PokerStove question, though. Are either of these guys flatting 4-bets with AT? We want them stacking off on the flop with weaker pairs in 4-bet pots, so it would be nice to think they're a bit spewy. We can't just hope they're both playing draws, after all.

Obviously we can't fold if they can have JJ, QQ or AT type hands with 4:1 on our money.
  • edited September 2013
    Not loving it versus two but still calling with that price and against the releastic range of not always facing a set
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers guys. Again just wanting re-assurance.

I was up against QQ and AQdd and obv didn't hold.