You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - To Flat or Not to Flat; That is the Question

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
So yeah, flat or ship the flop?

I'm not particularly scared of any of the possible draws due to the call of a 5x pre then full pot on the flop... doesn't look very drawy to me, looks very OP-ey

So I'm not really scared of many any turn cards but the villian might be. Flatting looks really strong but then shipping 200xBB over a full pot cbet and a shove also looks ridic strong. I didn't even mention the possibility of just 3betting (not all in) but that just looks UUUUBEEEERRR strong

If he has middling OPs like JJ/QQ, I'm not sure which line he'd rather continue against.... what do you think?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bazza20 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £9.01
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £55.05
  Your hole cards

HurriKane Fold        
basty2010 Fold        
ragingangel Raise   £1.00 £1.30 £38.53
bazza20 Call   £0.90 £2.20 £8.11
Lambert180 Call   £0.80 £3.00 £54.25
Flop

bazza20 Check        
Lambert180 Check        
ragingangel Bet   £3.00 £6.00 £35.53
bazza20 All-in   £8.11 £14.11 £0.00

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Definitely flat. It doesn't look as strong IMO because of how draw heavy the board is so we may get opponent to shove with his overpairs where if we shove he might hero fold them.
  • edited September 2013
    Sigh, I thought so, I timed right down cos I was so undecided... ended up shipping and making him fold :( Shorty had K4ss and got there with his FD. Given the action I'm sure other guy almost certainly hero folded an OP so stopped myself winning the big side pot and just lost a small one :(

• edited September 2013
    Yes, I think we should be flatting.

Out of interest, do we really think it's a hero fold with AA here as the villain? We're facing a check-raise and a 3-bet after we've continued for full-pot. We're probably not putting AK or KK in Lambert's pre-flop range, so any flush draw is probably going to have straight draws to go with it. We're probably marginal favourite, flipping or way behind Lambert's hand, so presumably significantly behind his range.

Surely it's a pretty easy fold in villain's shoes here?

Am I suddenly sounding nitty?