You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL - Another Bet/Fold or Checkback Spot

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
As title says...
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Eminem Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £35.79
60nine60 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £159.08
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

mickjenn1 Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £44.30
Eminem Call   £0.75 £2.10 £35.04
60nine60 Call   £0.60 £2.70 £158.48
Flop

• K
  • A

Eminem
Check        
60nine60 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.55 £4.25 £42.75
Eminem Call   £1.55 £5.80 £33.49
60nine60 Fold        
Turn

Eminem
Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £3.05 £8.85 £39.70
Eminem Call   £3.05 £11.90 £30.44
River

Eminem Check        

Comments

• edited September 2013
    ????

This is a pretty easy bet lambert. You know there is loads that will call here.
  • edited September 2013
    3 way our range is going to be pretty strong for 2 barreling on this board texture. That being said I just noticed it's BTN vs blinds so yeah I'm pretty sure this an easy value bet unless villain had been particularly tight. 
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers people. Yeah be gentle with me ;)

I'm having a bit of a nightmare recently so just wanna check these things that I think are standard are actually standard. Messes with ya head dem downswings.

FWIW, I went £4 and he went to £14, gg lol. I fold obv
  • edited September 2013

This one does look pretty straightforward. No pre-flop 3-bet so AA, KK and AK are fairly unlikely. 55 and 88 you'd expect to fold the flop. We're just not beaten by very much.

Are we checking back because we're afraid of 22, 34 or some raggy A2, K2, etc?

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - Another Bet/Fold or Checkback Spot:
    Cheers people. Yeah be gentle with me ;) I'm having a bit of a nightmare recently so just wanna check these things that I think are standard are actually standard. Messes with ya head dem downswings. FWIW, I went £4 and he went to £14, gg lol. I fold obv
    Posted by Lambert180
    Meh.
  • edited September 2013

I bet/fold more on the river and expect to be called by worse a lot of the time. £4 is way to small on this board imo. I would prob fire double that, maybe slightly less depending on game flow.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - Another Bet/Fold or Checkback Spot:
    This one does look pretty straightforward. No pre-flop 3-bet so AA, KK and AK are fairly unlikely. 55 and 88 you'd expect to fold the flop. We're just not beaten by very much. Are we checking back because we're afraid of 22, 34 or some raggy A2, K2, etc?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    It's not so much that I'm scared of being beat and more just that I think there are so few hands that can call me off, so don't wanna put myself in a spot where more often than not I'm just getting called/raised by better hands

Don't think he's ever calling without at least having TP here, a few of the raggy aces have made 2prs and I'm not sure the raggy aces that haven't like A3 are gonna call a 3rd barrel with just TPNK... that's the reason I went small to get them to just sigh call it off.

Realistically I think the only hands that call a reasonable sized bet here (that I beat) are A9/AT/AJ and that's it.
  • edited September 2013
    If you don't bet here then give up poker
  • edited September 2013
    Bet/fold.

If hes doing this with worse youve just gotta give him a round of applause and move onto next hand.