You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I WANT TO WIN RIGHT NOW

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
We must all know this poker mindset.

It's probably my biggest weakness...... actually my BIGGEST weakness is - I EXPECT to win right now, closely followed by I WANT to win right now.

How do we overcome this?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    This is an issue i also suffer with. 

I think this is defo the correct attitudes in tournaments. I know i play low stakes with the odd satted event but literally every game i enter i expect to win. I don't think playing mtt poker is right for someone who thinks otherwise. 

If you don't believe if you can win then why would you play that specific game? 

Maybe I'm wrong and will be keen to see other responces
  • edited September 2013
    I don't expect to win every tournament I enter, but I certainly expect to make the correct decisions in every tournament I enter. Often when I bust out I will sit here and think: you idiot, you could have got away from that, or he obviously had the flush, and moan to myself about it for half an hour, because I made the wrong decision which cost me the tournament. I don't mind (so much) busting out when I jam tens into jacks when I'm short and they don't improve, or with my open-ended straight/flush draw and it doesn't come in, because that happens. Making the percentage decisions is what I expect to do, every time.