You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need advice on tournaments..

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Ok so ive decided to come back to skypoker after taking a break.  I entered the 500gbp free roll 1 hour tournament and came 11th out of 1500 contenders!

I never do this well on payed tournaments and i think its because im playing scared if that makes sence? I like depositing 5 pound here and there but what can i do with my 5 to create a decent bankroll so i can enter tournaments and play to the best of my ability?

In todays tournament since it was free i was nore pushy and took a few risks which payed off great

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I would like to add im going to attempt the dym challenge to see if i get anywhere.. I consider my self a good poker player but still need to lean a few things to improve my game
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Need advice on tournaments..:
    Ok so ive decided to come back to skypoker after taking a break.  I entered the 500gbp free roll 1 hour tournament and came 11th out of 1500 contenders! I never do this well on payed tournaments and i think its because im playing scared if that makes sence? I like depositing 5 pound here and there but what can i do with my 5 to create a decent bankroll so i can enter tournaments and play to the best of my ability? In todays tournament since it was free i was nore pushy and took a few risks which payed off great
    Posted by gavi
    Hey!

The freeroll at 7, will be a good way for you to build your bankroll. If you can play at 7, definatly try and get involved with that as much as possible.

£5 is quite a hard amount to build up, it's just over 1 buyin for the cheapest level of cash on the site, and tournie wise it wont even allow you to buy into 5 of the cheapest tournies on the site.

If you just want to play for fun, without risking money, i'd say get stuck into the freerolls, if you played the freeroll every night and trebled your starting stack you are getting about a quid, after a month that would give you a reasonable amount to play low buy in tournies, like the 7 45 1 pound deepstack.

If you want to play for real money, i would say it would be better depositig a bit more. When i joined sky i used to always deposit a fiver here and a tenner there, and just re deposit when i went bust.

With £5 it would be so hard to bust, just playing freerolls there wouldnt be this risk, and you could just build it up steadily while still getting to play some games.

Good luck
  • edited September 2013
    £5.00 is just no where near enough even if you're half decent. you want to be depositing at least a £100 to give  yourself half a chance. good look though anyway. 

il chip dump you £100 if u want for £150 return 6 month timescale. ;-)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Need advice on tournaments..:
    £5.00 is just no where near enough even if you're half decent. you want to be depositing at least a £100 to give  yourself half a chance. good look though anyway.  il chip dump you £100 if u want for £150 return 6 month timescale. ;-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    errrrr.....can I have some of that chip dumping? ;)

OP, you're gonna struggle with a fiver. Either deposit nothing and stick to freerolls, or cancel you're next 2 nights out and invest that in Sky poker for a reasonable roll. Give yourself a chance of growing it, £5 doesn't really give you that chance.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Need advice on tournaments.. : errrrr.....can I have some of that chip dumping? ;) OP, you're gonna struggle with a fiver. Either deposit nothing and stick to freerolls, or cancel you're next 2 nights out and invest that in Sky poker for a reasonable roll. Give yourself a chance of growing it, £5 doesn't really give you that chance.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i actually dont have a penny in my sky account to be honest cos im playing elsewhere but if i win the super roller on sunday il dump you £4.00 to tackle ccf heads up nl4. ;-)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Need advice on tournaments.. : i actually dont have a penny in my sky account to be honest cos im playing elsewhere but if i win the super roller on sunday il dump you £4.00 to tackle ccf heads up nl4. ;-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Legend, thank you very much. Though he still won't play me when I sit next to him :(
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Need advice on tournaments.. : Legend, thank you very much. Though he still won't play me when I sit next to him :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Come on Harry.  Can't you two just be friends?
  • edited September 2013
    always look out for the free bets on offer in the promotions like on sky bet and sky vegas they,re always doing somthing  ..things like that give you a chance of a couple extra quid and then the freerolls as larson said the 7pm 1 is good and try the b/hand mini freerolls as well ...gl