You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion...

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Last night I was playing on a 5p/10p table, minding my own business, a few quid up on the £10 that I had put down on the felt, when one of the other players accused me in the chat box of colluding. He said I kept raising the pot until it was just me and my ‘friend’, so that we could fight it out together.

Now, firstly: yes, I did often raise the pot pre-flop, but that’s because I don’t limp into the middle, but the raise was only ever 3x or 4x – nothing silly. I don’t see what his problem is there. I wasn’t in every pot. I told him if he was that bothered he could re-raise me to push me off, if he thought I was doing that, but he never did.

Secondly, I had to take issue with his idea of collusion – and I told him so – because surely if I was going to be doing that I wouldn’t be raising the pot to get people out of it, only to play against my ‘friend’ (who I should say, I have never spoken to or even come across on the site before). Wouldn’t I want to keep the others in to take their money? It would be the worst example of profitable collusion going – play the pot with your mate then split the winnings? Seriously?

Anyway, just a rant! It annoyed me when it probably shouldn’t have. I have played on the site for eighteen months or so, but this is the first instance of that kind of accusation that I’ve experienced. Anybody else been painted with that particular brushstroke? Has anyone here actually seen it in play?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Only experienced a couple of times in the past 18 months.
    I posted the hands on the forum to get other peoples views and the concensus was that it looked like collusion.
    It was on small stakes DYM tables.
    I seem to remember i did report one of them and got my buy-in back.
    Haven't come across it recently though.
  • edited September 2013

If you've done nothing wrong, there's nothing for you to worry about.

People do occasionally say this (especially if losing) and use it as an excuse or simply to irritate the other player. Best to ignore them but if you feel they are getting out of hand, do report it to us and we will deal with it.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited September 2013
    Also if this was the case both of yous would be paying rake which would then mean losing money.
  • edited September 2013
    Only playing one opponent in cash would never be collusion. The only place it could be profitable collusion would be a satellite or STT where the payback is loaded heavily to the winner.

If 2 players are constantly in the same pot and one always loses to the other , especially without showdowns, that could be money laundering.

Nice of your villain to give you info that facing a raise makes him unhappy, clearly a call with a wide range to try and hit a flop player.
  • edited September 2013
    Hey slip,

Was on the 10nl table with you for a good while last night, take it i wasn't there when this was being said in the chat box, unless i missed it.

Just ignore it, a small amount of people will always be talking nonsense in the chatbox.

Like someone said above, it's brilliant that they are giving you free information!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Collusion...:
    Hey slip, Was on the 10nl table with you for a good while last night, take it i wasn't there when this was being said in the chat box, unless i missed it.Posted by LARSON7
    Hey mate - no, it was another table, a few hours earlier. I guess stupidity just annoys me sometimes!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Collusion...:
    In Response to Re: Collusion... : Hey mate - no, it was another table, a few hours earlier. I guess stupidity just annoys me sometimes!
    Posted by Slipwater
    That's prob what they want!

Just laugh it off and be glad they are annoyed, cause you know they'll be making mistakes.

Or if it does annoy you, best thing is just not to respond to them.