You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
And so, it begins...

A crazy couple of weeks in London, as the world's greatest city becomes the poker capital of the world, with the UKIPT and EPT festivals back-to-back. I'll be working for most of the fortnight, but get to play the £250 UKIPT Series event this weekend. Woo-hoo!

Don't panic - Stapes and I will be back in the 861 studio on Sunday night to bring you live coverage of September's...

Remember, "You don't have to be a balla to play the Roller." Check out the many satellites on offer in the tournament lobby.

We'll be following the Roller for most of the night. If you're playing the game, we'd love to analyse your Hold'em skillz, so please e-mail your Hand IDs to skyopen@bskyb.com

And don't forget to tweet your progress: #SkyPokerTV

I believe Stapes has some 'Race Situations' lined-up for the live show, which he'll be posting in this thread. If you're lucky, we might have a prize to give away.

Have a good weekend - and we'll see you on Sunday at 7pm.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Hi guys,

James - are you sure you will be 'back in the 861 studio' if you take down the UKIPT event on the weekend? I would have thought the party would be in full swing by 7pm on Sunday if you do. Go on - do it for Sky Poker: just apply the commentator's knowledge to the felt and take it down! :)
  • edited September 2013
    Boy, nothing gets me out of bed at the crack of 10 on a Sunday morning like a hangover and a brand new batch RACE SITUATIONS for tonight's show.  For the N00Bz:

Race situations occur in poker when two hands are pitted in a virtual statistical coinflip.  Usually something like a pair versus two over cards.  In these situations, one hand has a SLIGHT mathematical advantage over the other.  Usually something like 52% v. 49%.  Well, these situations don't just occur in poker.  They occur in every day real life.  Below I will list several of these situations.  

Your job: detemine which of the two has the SLIGHT mathematical advantage (and why).  Don't feel like you have to answer them all.  Pick a few, and make your reasons good so we read them on the air.

AS PER USUAL, I AM THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY ON RACE SITUATIONS.  

THE ANSWERS I DEEM ARE NOT OPINION.

FACT:  THEY ARE FACT.  FACT.

And remember, there is at least ONE domination hidden in the mix (AK vs. AQ).

Good luck.  We're all counting on you.

Cappuccino vs. Flat White

Breaking Bad vs. The Sopranos

Connery vs. Moore

Jaegerbombs vs. Carbombs

Infinity Pool vs. Jacuzzi

Funny YouTube Videos vs. Funny Memes

Tiramisu vs. Creme Brulee

Rivering a Flush vs. Turning a Set

Let the Right One in vs. Let me In

XBOX vs. PS3

Oxford Circus vs. Piccadilly Circus

Canada vs. A Hole in the Ground

Sex vs. Food

Stubbing Your Toe vs. A Hangnail

Maxim vs. FHM

Koalas vs.  Penguins

Salty/Buttered Popcorn vs. Sweet Popcorn

Hot Dogs vs. Hamburgers

Soccer vs. Watching Paint Dry

P once De Leon vs. Vasco De Gama

Waking up in a panic and realizing it's Saturday vs. Finding a twenty in a pair of pants

Katy Perry vs. Kelly Clarkson

Air Conditioning vs. Television

Shampoo vs. Conditioner 

Fishnets vs. Stilettos

Also - feel free to tweet us some of your own during the show.  If we like them, we'll use them!

• edited September 2013
    Love it Stapes, Love it

Ok

Breaking Bad v The Sopranos
    Its The Sopranos, and it isnt even close, its like BB = AK and TS = KK. The fact is The Sopranos had longevity, and multiple storylines over different seasons, plus movie actors dropping in in major and minor roles, Joey Pants and Steve Buscemi in the majors and Ben Kingsley and Anette Bening in the minors. Really Breaking Bad only has one storyline, he makes Crystal Meth and the complexities that surround that. The Ace advantage that Breaking Bad does have, that it might hit on the river, is that I'm expecting a better ending, hopefully i wont just be met by a blank screen at the end of BB !

Connery v Moore
    Come on, he's licened to kill ! How is moore going to kill you, cleanly, neatly. quietly with a smirk and a gun. How is Connery going to kill you? With anything that comes to hand, statue, house brick, steam bath, consequently his kill rate must be higher and therefore best.

Let The Right One In v Let Me In, obviously the scandanavian original, the second is but a poor facsimile, has no cats scene, no wierd dad scene, and was ultimately made purely for lazy americans who don't want to read subtitles.

Missionary v reverse Cowgirl, RC means i get somewhere to lean my laptop against

Hoping to play 2nite, trying to satellite, will be watching either way,

Have a good one

memfno
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Love it Stapes, Love it Ok Breaking Bad v The Sopranos Its The Sopranos, and it isnt even close, its like BB = AK and TS = KK. The fact is The Sopranos had longevity, and multiple storylines over different seasons, plus movie actors dropping in in major and minor roles, Joey Pants and Steve Buscemi in the majors and Ben Kingsley and Anette Bening in the minors. Really Breaking Bad only has one storyline, he makes Crystal Meth and the complexities that surround that. The Ace advantage that Breaking Bad does have, that it might hit on the river, is that I'm expecting a better ending, hopefully i wont just be met by a blank screen at the end of BB ! Connery v Moore Come on, he's licened to kill ! How is moore going to kill you, cleanly, neatly. quietly with a smirk and a gun. How is Connery going to kill you? With anything that comes to hand, statue, house brick, steam bath, consequently his kill rate must be higher and therefore best. Let The Right One In v Let Me In, obviously the scandanavian original, the second is but a poor facsimile, has no cats scene, no wierd dad scene, and was ultimately made purely for lazy americans who don't want to read subtitles. Missionary v reverse Cowgirl, RC means i get somewhere to lean my laptop against Hoping to play 2nite, trying to satellite, will be watching either way, Have a good one memfno
    Posted by memfno
    Memfno you sad sad little man get a life u stupid c#nt
  • edited September 2013
    Penguins definitely domiinate koalas. Even the chocolate buscuit Penguins dominate koalas.
  • edited September 2013
    Oxford circus v Piccadilly Circus. Depends on which one has the best clowns at the moment

Baseball v rounders. That's like 72 v 72. Split pot most of the time

Obviously the ps3 dominates the xbox like aces dominate my whole range

Got to be turning a set over everything. There is nothing like  cbetting with 22 then seeing that brick like 2 on the turn
  • edited September 2013
    Infinity Pool vs. Jacuzzi

let's be honest we all thought people chunnering about jacuzzi's were the epitome of pretentious fake-tan-faced nouveau riche dullards; then came the infinity pool. jacuzzi wins by default.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited September 2013
    Canada vs Hole In The Ground

Well a hole in the ground can be either round or square, so points to it for that, but the clincher is that you can't get maple syrup out of a hole in the ground, so Canada wins. Just.
  • edited September 2013
    Great stuff so far!

Keep 'em comin' - along with your own suggestions for race situations...

• edited September 2013
    Fishnets vs. Stilettos

Fishnets are good for laddering whereas you can only limp in stilettos!
  • edited September 2013
    How about...

Last empty seat on a train vs emergency exit (extra legroom) seat on a plane
  • edited September 2013
    How about

The Queen v Preisdent Obama
  • edited September 2013
    Evening all, 

Going to try my last qualifier at 6pm, If i get entry to the 25k tonight then 50% of all winning will be going to Macmillan Cancer support. After losing my mother to cancer at quite a young age i want to give back as much as i can. 

Fingers crossed for tonight. 

Good luck at the tables all!

• edited September 2013
    Crashed out to a poor beat Calls a Re-Raise Shove all in with AA, Player 2 turns over 10 3 off suit. Flop comes down 10,10,3.........Drawing dead! :(
  • edited September 2013
    Canada vs. A Hole in the Ground

Canada has Daniel Negreanu, Jennifer Tilly, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Keanu Reevesamd Avril Lavigne

A hole in the ground has Bernard Cribbins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yShvgXZQBTs

The latter wins hands down obv
  • edited September 2013
    How about....

Joe Stapleton v The Crazy Frog lol

• edited September 2013
    the inbetweeners  vs   fresh prince of bell air 
  • edited September 2013
    how about 

AMERICAN FOOTBALLERS V PIGS
    50/50 FLIP
    BOTH UGLY
    BOTH FAT
    BOTH GRUNT
    BOTH LIKE ROLLING IN THE MANURE
    AND NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THERE ABOUT

• edited September 2013
    Hi guys,

Tiramisu totally beats creme brulee; in the same way that Italian women dominate French women.
  • edited September 2013
    Stapes vs The 40 year old virgin?

split pot ...... both had AJ in there hand

#slickwilly
  • edited September 2013

How about    ICE CREAM v CUSTARD with dessert i can never choose
  • edited September 2013
    0 for 10?

You mean Stinky Pete doesn't work on the show anymore?
  • edited September 2013
    Sex V Food?

Well, both leave me feeling guilty, but I don't have to watch Strictly Come Dancing for food.

Food is the slight favourite in the flip.
  • edited September 2013
    Evening gents, great show. 

Been asked to request a Roller hand to be shown on the tellybox....

With the cards covered if possible please.

'Bob'.
  • edited September 2013
    Back again with SKY DIVING v BUNGEE JUMPING both crazy but bungee jumpin slight fav as dont have so far to fall if it goes wrong
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Angry people in the roller tonight... EBBERDON /> you lucky fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh watto84 /> you lead into me too many times this week EBBERDON /> your a poor player watto84 /> cool EBBERDON /> il cool you watto84 /> sweet EBBERDON /> fishhhhhh watto84 /> thank you EBBERDON /> you what in anything i promiss you watto84 /> ?? EBBERDON /> win SkyPoker /> This is your very last chance to buy-in to the £25,000 Super Roller, don't miss out!. watto84 /> what are you trying to say? /> EBBERDON /> you no good at poker watto84 /> excellent watto84 /> my recent results say otherwise watto84 /> but watto84 /> ul gg EBBERDON /> i hope to run into you watto84 /> cool watto84 /> where do you play live? EBBERDON /> anywere any time watto84 /> for someone who is up 25k  on this site ... youre a very angry person EBBERDON /> you look up the hand and say you played it well watto84 /> its one hand in many watto84 /> move on EBBERDON /> angry you won
    Posted by watto84
    Really no need for this to be posted.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Really no need for this to be posted.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

No need to have people offering to fight me over a hand!
  • edited September 2013
    694943342 played so bd how to get max value call cheack river let him barrel off fort he had kq i wouldnt be able to fold.
  • edited September 2013
    super roller hand what to do on the turn this is gonna be bad for my image oh well #

• edited September 2013
    Evening gents, great show.  Been asked to request a Roller hand to be shown on the tellybox.... #694905009 With the cards covered if possible please. 'Bob'.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Requested by me, as it happens.

This might just look like someone posting a cooler/bad-beat but there's some debate about whether it's something we can get away from. I don't think we can ever get off it but not everyone agrees.

I'd like James' and Joe's opinions.