You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30:
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 :                                I find it really hard 2 see your logic on this matter, you had no GTD on this tourney during the week so why are Sky worried how many people play this tourney Mon-Fri. You say that you need 2 free up space during peak times but you havent filled the 8-15pm slot with another tourney, yes you have added a £22 deepstack at 7-30pm with a GTD but tbh that is a big jump from £5-50.                                Once again it seems 2 me that you are trying 2 drive the low-stakes players away from Sky, its about time that Sky took notice of low-stakes players. Not all of us like 2 play B/Hs we would rather play poker not bingo, its a shame that nobody thought of adding a GTD 2 the 8-15pm then the number might match those which the 8-15pm D/S gets every weekend or the numbers that the 9-15 D/S gets which has got a GTD.                                It would be nice 2 hear Sky Pokers thoughts on this post or any other low-stakes players who enjoy playing D/S.                                                            I await your reply.... Thank you.
    Posted by chew07
    TBF to Sky, there are/has been loads of low buy in tournies to cater for the low stakes guys. I think they are right to de-clutter the schedule, as it was full of very similar tournies starting within a few minutes of each other.

They just need to find the right balance. Much better to have fewer tournaments, but with better structures and GTD's, and a mixture of buy ins to accommodate players at all ends of the bankroll spectrum.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 :                       So nobody from Sky could be bothered 2 answer my question... Thanks alot :(                 I have just looked at 2nights tourneys & surprise surprise the 8-15pm £5-50 deepstack is not on, could anyone from Sky please tell me why this tourney has now been axed.                 Scotty you seem 2 have been pushing this new £22 deepstack perhaps you can be bothered 2 answer my question or is it the small time players on Sky just dont matter ????
    Posted by chew07
    What is the point in playing a £5.50 Deepstack Tournament with a prize pool of £40?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 :                       So nobody from Sky could be bothered 2 answer my question... Thanks alot :(                 I have just looked at 2nights tourneys & surprise surprise the 8-15pm £5-50 deepstack is not on, could anyone from Sky please tell me why this tourney has now been axed.                 Scotty you seem 2 have been pushing this new £22 deepstack perhaps you can be bothered 2 answer my question or is it the small time players on Sky just dont matter ????
    Posted by chew07
    I care about all levels of the site, remember a few years ago I started out in these same small stakes games.

In the last couple of years I've taken part in the TSP Lite league £1.10, spent a large amount of time on small stakes cash games 20nl and below, ran forum competitions, taken part in Sky wide  promotions and probably many more.

I actually make an effort into keeping up to date with whats going on the site.

However just because I focus a lot of time into the forum and trying to promote the poker site that I care a great deal for, doesn't mean that I am also a customer service advisor.  If people ask me kindly for help tho, usually I am more than happy to look into it and do what I can. But my role at Sky is as an analyst on the TV channel, and the vast majority of the time I have no more information that any other player on the site.

Ultimatly tho I am a professional poker player, and just because I don't work a normal job, doesn't mean that I don't put in a great deal of hours into my profession, and thus sometimes I just don't have the time.

It appears that Sky have seen this thread tho and have answered your question, remember that the tournie schedule constantly evolves and I'm sure you'll find plenty of other games to suit you.  GL

• edited September 2013
    Back onto the £22 deepstack.  Had some stuff to do tonight so gonna late register in a minute.

Currently 43 runners.  Got 5 mins left to enter.  So some small overlay there tonight.  Could be worse tho.  Maybe a late rush?!  I think blinds are 50/100.  With the 5k starting stack TONNES of play
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : Hi chew07, We are sorry if you feel that way, it's definitely not our intention to alienate lower stakes players. The majority of our guaranteed tournaments fit in the £1 - £11 buy in levels, which depending on your bank roll could be considered small stakes. We also receive comments from players stating that we cater too much for lower levels and should have more bigger buy-in tournaments. Bounty Hunter tournaments are consistently the post popular tournaments here at all buy-in levels and at all times of day, therefore it is natural that they will take up more slots in the schedule. As Peter has already mentioned, one of the issues currently is there are simply too many tournaments in the schedule, we have a very polarised peak period of 7pm-11pm, in which we are trying to cater for every buy in level and every format, which results in overloading the tournament lobby. We are currently working through the schedule to bring down the volume of tournaments, but adding more quality, whilst still ensuring there is a good variety to cater for all bankrolls and styles. This will include adding more deep stacks and regular freezeouts around this buy-in level, which have consistently struggled to meet modest guarantees, even at peak times. Inevitably some tournaments have to be removed to accomodate this and as stated by Peter this tournament at 8.15 (mon-Fri) has not been generating much interest for a sustained period, therefore has been removed. Tournaments which are generating good interest, such as the £1.10 at 7.45 & £2.20 at 7.15 will not be affected in any way. Best Wishes The Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Thank you for this reply, i look 4ward to you " adding more deepstacks "
  • edited October 2013
    i jumped in last night,

def a nice addition to the schedule & with (i think) £350 up top a nice bankroll builder
  • edited October 2013
    played this for the 1st time last night .great tourney hope they can get the numbers, be a shame to lose it
  • edited October 2013
    Have been in contact with Sky Peter about putting on some sats into this and received a positive response so hopefully they will be on the lobby in the next couple of days.

• edited October 2013
    sats would be welcome and give the tourney the best chance of survival

Adrian
  • edited October 2013
    Get sats asap. get a few  all in sats, as players will pay for them.
    Like Deep Stacks so hope its given a chance, Think it was 1 number off making the money tonight, So lets hope it makes it mora night.
  • edited October 2013
    Get sats asap. get a few  all in sats, as players will pay for them. Like Deep Stacks so hope its given a chance, Think it was 1 number off making the money tonight, So lets hope it makes it mora night.
    Posted by DivsDreams
    DivsDreams makes a good point, get more sats for this event.  Yesterday I saw 2 sats for this event at 5:40pm and 6:35pm and today there are no sats. Why not?

Just an idea, but do you not think that a lower buy-in let's say £8-£10 with a Guarantee to match 50 players freezeout with let's say a 3k starting stack and 10-12 min lvls be any good?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : DivsDreams makes a good point, get more sats for this event.  Yesterday I saw 2 sats for this event at 5:40pm and 6:35pm and today there are no sats. Why not? Just an idea, but do you not think that a lower buy-in let's say £8-£10 with a Guarantee to match 50 players freezeout with let's say a 3k starting stack and 10-12 min lvls be any good?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    This is because satellites are added to the site each morning around 10am or so. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : This is because satellites are added to the site each morning around 10am or so. 
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Yes you're correct although why only just 2 sats for this event?  Also as divsdreams suggested adding some all in sats for this event as they seem to be quite popular amongst the players.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30:
    So everyone says they love deepstacks Everyone loves a guarantee. So Sky have put one on for you! Starts at 7.30 with 72 mins of late reg. Get involved, and as its a new tournie, can you spread the word too to any Sky poker regulars who may be interested in playing it. If I was in the UK right now then I'd def add this one in alongside the main etc. Thanks :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Well done on getting this into the schedule Ryan.
    I managed to win this last night and really enjoyed the great structure and it finished just after midnight which is perfect timing for people who have to work the next morning.

The Friday and Saturday tournament schedules in particular are looking very good now that there's this at 7:30 and then the £11 Rebuy at 9pm.

These tournaments play so much better than the Bounty Hunters where you only get 2,000 chips and can easily bust out in an hour without feeling like you've got your money's worth.

Let's hope this and the £11 Rebuys are well supported so that the guarantees can be maintained.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : Well done on getting this into the schedule Ryan. I managed to win this last night and really enjoyed the great structure and it finished just after midnight which is perfect timing for people who have to work the next morning. The Friday and Saturday tournament schedules in particular are looking very good now that there's this at 7:30 and then the £11 Rebuy at 9pm. These tournaments play so much better than the Bounty Hunters where you only get 2,000 chips and can easily bust out in an hour without feeling like you've got your money's worth. Let's hope this and the £11 Rebuys are well supported so that the guarantees can be maintained.
    Posted by MATT8
    nice brag,but vwd