You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Magnificent 7 Schedule Changes

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

Effective today we have updated the Magnificent 7 Tournament schedule,

The Magnificent 7 is a series of 7 tournaments run everyday here at SkyPoker from 7:00pm to 10.00pm. Here is a breakdown of the updated Magnificent 7 Tournament Schedule that starts today:

7.00pm - £500 Free Cash Freeroll
7.30pm - £1,000 Deep Stack (£22)
8.00pm - Main Event
8.30pm - Mini Event
9.00pm - £4,000 Bounty Hunter (£55)
9.30pm - £2,000 Bounty Hunter (£11) 
10.00pm - £500 GTD Turbo (£11)

This is just the first step of a gradual overhaul of the tournament schedule which will be taking place over the next few weeks, we will keep you all updated as we start rolling out changes.

Good luck on the tables everybody and have a great weekend!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Pleased to see a few more £10/£20 tourneys appearing. Its a big jump from a £5 mini to the £33/£50 games.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Everyone,

We have made a couple of tweaks to this schedule this morning, which take effect from this evening.

1) The 10pm £1,000 Speed Rebuy (£5.50) blind structure has been changed to the 'Turbo Tuesday Open' 7 minute blinds. The Late reg period has been extended to the end of level 7, rebuys will now be available for the first hour, at which point a 2 minute break will commence for add ons to be made. The finish time of the tournament is expected to extend by 20-30 mins.

2) The 9pm £55 Bounty Hunter's guarantee was trialled at £5,000 for the weekend, this has now been reduced back to £4,000. This will continue to be monitored and we expect to move back up in the future.

Thanks everyone, feel free to leave some comments or feedback.

The opening post has been amended now to reflect this.

Peter
  • edited September 2013

Sky Peter
                                          Is it possible that someone from Sky can have a look at the thread that Scotty started about the new £22 deepstack. I asked a question on friday & again this morning but as yet i havent had a reply.
                                                                               Thank you.
  • edited September 2013

Here is some free feedback.  I generally like the changes and have been enjoying the 10pm speed tournament.  I don't think the extended blind structure will encourage more people to play however I realise the intention is to get more rebuys which it may well do.

The £55 9pm BH is an excellent addition for 7 days a week, long may it continue to grow.

Would it be possible to have re-entry allowed to the Tuesday Turbo main event?  So, one re-entry allowed during the late-reg period when reduced to zero chips. I think this will add to the action and the prize pool.

Finally would it be possible to reintroduce a weekly £100 entry roller type tournament on a Thursday, maybe starting at 8.30 with £4k gtee?

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Magnificent 7 Schedule Changes:
    The £55 9pm BH is an excellent addition for 7 days a week, long may it continue to grow. Would it be possible to have re-entry allowed to the Tuesday Turbo main event?   So, one re-entry allowed during the late-reg period when reduced to zero chips. I think this will add to the action and the prize pool.Posted by SoLack
    Yeah, I agree with both of these points - the £55 Bounty Hunter is great. The 4k starting stack makes for a lot of play without feeling like you're in danger early; and Turbo Tuesday sometimes ends before you've even got into it! With so many speculative calls, especially in that tournament, a re-entry option would be appreciated.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Magnificent 7 Schedule Changes : Yeah, I agree with both of these points - the £55 Bounty Hunter is great. The 4k starting stack makes for a lot of play without feeling like you're in danger early; and Turbo Tuesday sometimes ends before you've even got into it! With so many speculative calls, especially in that tournament, a re-entry option would be appreciated.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I agree with this post this tourney would be a lot better if you could rebuy and it be a bigger prize pool
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for the post,

There are some nice ideas in there.

The Turbo Tuesday re-entry is a very nice idea, as you said it could raise the prizepool and players could like the second chance. If any other players like this idea i strongly suggest leaving a comment.

There could also be a place for a super roller style event on a weekly basis and is definately a suggestion to think about.

Nice post!

SkyPeter.

• edited October 2013
    Thanks for the post, There are some nice ideas in there. The Turbo Tuesday re-entry is a very nice idea, as you said it could raise the prizepool and players could like the second chance. If any other players like this idea i strongly suggest leaving a comment. There could also be a place for a super roller style event on a weekly basis and is definately a suggestion to think about. Nice post! SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    +1
  • edited October 2013
    I'm not so sure.

At present the Tuesday is the only "Main" with a straight £11 buy-in. Wednesday starts of at £11 but with 1 rebuy and the addon you're then talking about £33.

Maybe it would work if you swapped them around and Tuesday was the rebuy and Wednesday was the freezeout, but then you're talking marginal gains due to the differences in structure and you'd probably have to change how many chips you get for the addon.

• edited October 2013
    I'm not so sure. At present the Tuesday is the only "Main" with a straight £11 buy-in. Wednesday starts of at £11 but with 1 rebuy and the addon you're then talking about £33. Maybe it would work if you swapped them around and Tuesday was the rebuy and Wednesday was the freezeout, but then you're talking marginal gains due to the differences in structure and you'd probably have to change how many chips you get for the addon.
    Posted by FCHD
    Yeah, that's a fair point. If you're looking at having buy-ins to suit all bankrolls, perhaps the re-entry idea isn't so hot for Tuesdays.
  • edited October 2013
    And of course, Turbo Tuesday is the one main event on a show night that finishes before the end of the TV coverage. Would rebuys slow it down too much that it doesn't finish by midnight?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Everybody,

The £1,000 guaranteed Speed Re-buy tournament (£5.50 Buy-In), had its guarantee reduced to £750 for the past couple of days to prepare for the Champions League games. 

This tournament is set to remain at £750 guaranteed for the moment and we are looking intently to increase the guarantee in the future.

Cheers.

• edited October 2013
    I'm a big fan of the main event on Tuesday, would be very disappointed if it changed in any way to be honest!
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Everybody,

A change effective tonight to the 10pm £750 Speed Rebuy has been set in place.*

This tournament has now become the £750 GTD Rebuy at 10pm and no longer has a speed structure.

This new structure has unlimited rebuys for the first 7 level with 12 minute blinds, then a 4000 chip Add-on during a 3 minute break for £5.50. Late registration will be open till the end of level 6.

*The primary post in this thread has been edited to reflect this.

Hope you all enjoy,

Good Luck on the tables.

SkyPeter.
  • edited October 2013
    Grrrrrrrrr why why why?  Emtered tonight before I noticed the change but won't be playing it any more.  I have no desire to start playing a slow structure rebuy starting at ten n prob finishing at 3!  If your intention is to kill it off then this will succeed for sure.
  • edited October 2013
    Grrrrrrrrr why why why?  Emtered tonight before I noticed the change but won't be playing it any more.  I have no desire to start playing a slow structure rebuy starting at ten n prob finishing at 3!  If your intention is to kill it off then this will succeed for sure.
    Posted by SoLack
    Got to agree, can't see a 12 min blind structure starting at 10pm being too popular, particularly during the week.
  • edited October 2013
    Just to clarify my suggestion for the Tuesday main event, I am proposing it is made a re-emtry rather than a rebuy. This would have minimal impact on anyone wanting to enter once for £11.  The only difference wd be that you may meet someone you knocked out earlier, the prize pool will increase and it may last 15 mins longer.
  • edited October 2013
    I'm a big fan of the main event on Tuesday, would be very disappointed if it changed in any way to be honest!
    Posted by peter27
    +1, why change it? Just don't see the point in making it a re-entry or re-buy. I don't think it benefits anyone in the long run  
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Everybody,

Starting today the £750 Gtd Rebuy tournament that ran at 10.00pm as part of the Magnificent 7 promotion has now changed to the £500 GTD Turbo freezeout tournament for £11 buy-in at 10.00pm.

We have been looking to introduce more freezeout tournaments into the schedule and have high hopes for this one. 

We will be monitoring this tournament as always over the next few weeks and will be looking to boost it's guarantee if it proves popular.

*The inital post has now also been ammended to reflect this change.

Cheers,

SkyPeter.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Everybody, Starting today the £750 Gtd Rebuy tournament that ran at 10.00pm as part of the Magnificent 7 promotion has now changed to the £500 GTD Turbo freezeout tournament for £11 buy-in  at 10.00pm . We have been looking to introduce more freezeout tournaments into the schedule and have high hopes for this one.  We will be monitoring this tournament as always over the next few weeks and will be looking to boost it's guarantee if it proves popular. *The inital post has now also been ammended to reflect this change. Cheers, SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Played it last night, stone cold bubbled!

Great tournament though, love the 7 minute levels.
  • edited October 2013
    excellent addition !!!
  • edited April 2014
    7pm freeroll M.I.A.

MondaysTuesdaysWednesdaysThursdaysFridaysSaturdaysSundays7.00pmDaily Free Cash Freeroll - 20 Poker Points, £300 prizepool7.30pmDeep Stack - £22 buy-in, £7508.00pm
    MAINBounty Hunter - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTDTurbo Open - £11 buy-in, £5,000 GTDRebuy Open - £11 buy-in, £8,000 GTDSky Sports Bounty Hunter - £33 buy-in, £12,000 GTDBounty Hunter - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTDThe Primo - £55 buy-in, £10,000 GTDThe Super Roller - £110 buy-in, £20,000 GTD8.30pm
    MINIMini Bounty Hunter - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Turbo Bounty Hunter - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Rebuy - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Bounty Hunter - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Bounty Hunter - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Primo - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTDMini Roller - £11 buy-in, £2,000 GTD9.00pmThe Big Bounty Hunter - £55 buy-in, £4,000 GTD9.30pmBounty Hunter - £11 buy-in, £3,000 GTD (£2k GTD on Mon/Tues.)10.00pm£400 Super Turbo - £11 buy-in.

• edited April 2014
    I suggested somewhere else that the mini bhs guarantee be increased to 2500 I think I have only seen 1 of these not make the 2.5k and most make over 3k. The gtee increase may increase the numbers playing this and increase the interest in the jackpot encouraging entry to both the main and mini and hopefully in time the gtee could move upto 3k. Just my thoughts.
  • edited April 2014
    7pm freeroll M.I.A.   Mondays Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays Fridays Saturdays Sundays 7.00pm Daily Free Cash Freeroll  - 20 Poker Points, £300 prizepool 7.30pm Deep Stack  - £22 buy-in, £750 8.00pm MAIN Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTD Turbo Open  - £11 buy-in, £5,000 GTD Rebuy Open  - £11 buy-in, £8,000 GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £12,000 GTD Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTD The Primo  - £55 buy-in, £10,000 GTD The Super Roller  - £110 buy-in, £20,000 GTD 8.30pm MINI Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Turbo Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Rebuy  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Primo  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Roller  - £11 buy-in, £2,000 GTD 9.00pm The Big Bounty Hunter  - £55 buy-in, £4,000 GTD 9.30pm Bounty Hunter  - £11 buy-in, £3,000 GTD (£2k GTD on Mon/Tues.) 10.00pm £400 Super Turbo  - £11 buy-in.
    Posted by belsibub
    If you are going to change the points requirement for the freeroll please change promo page!
  • edited April 2014
    7pm freeroll M.I.A. (Posted by belsibub)
    What did you mean by this? Ive always thought the freerolls during the evening were allways free-seat freerolls and never known them to be anything else (or noticed for that matter)

Mind you I have only been on the site for around 8weeks and haven't really looked on the freerolls at night for at least 4 weeks as it seemed to follow the same procedure where they were all 50pt buy-ins and were made up entirely of free-seats and the chances of a rookie winning this were remote at very very best.

I've added a new topic asking about them as I've not seen ANY announcement about the two games running tonight (£300 free cash starting 7pm and a B/Hunter, just finished, which began at SIX)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Magnificent 7 Schedule Changes : What did you mean by this? Ive always thought the freerolls during the evening were allways free-seat freerolls and never known them to be anything else (or noticed for that matter) Mind you I have only been on the site for around 8weeks and haven't really looked on the freerolls at night for at least 4 weeks as it seemed to follow the same procedure where they were all 50pt buy-ins and were made up entirely of free-seats and the chances of a rookie winning this were remote at very very best. I've added a new topic asking about them as I've not seen ANY announcement about the two games running tonight (£300 free cash starting 7pm and a B/Hunter, just finished, which began at SIX)
    Posted by GaryLaud
    This tourney had been changed to seats for ukops & other bigger tourneys  of late.Came back on Monday was put up late on Tuesday hence M.I.A.But if you look in the promo page under magnificent 7 which this is apart of it should be 20points not 50 hence my 2nd post.
  • edited May 2014
    7pm freeroll M.I.A.   Mondays Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays Fridays Saturdays Sundays 7.00pm Daily Free Cash Freeroll  - 20 Poker Points, £300 prizepool 7.30pm Deep Stack  - £22 buy-in, £750 8.00pm MAIN Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTD Turbo Open  - £11 buy-in, £5,000 GTD Rebuy Open  - £11 buy-in, £8,000 GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £12,000 GTD Bounty Hunter  - £33 buy-in, £10,000 GTD The Primo  - £55 buy-in, £10,000 GTD The Super Roller  - £110 buy-in, £20,000 GTD 8.30pm MINI Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Turbo Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Rebuy  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Bounty Hunter  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Primo  - £5.50 buy-in, £2,000 GTD Mini Roller  - £11 buy-in, £2,000 GTD 9.00pm The Big Bounty Hunter  - £55 buy-in, £4,000 GTD 9.30pm Bounty Hunter  - £11 buy-in, £3,000 GTD (£2k GTD on Mon/Tues.) 10.00pm £400 Super Turbo  - £11 buy-in.
    Posted by belsibub
    Bump.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Magnificent 7 Schedule Changes : Bump.
    Posted by belsibub

The £300 Gtd Free cash is in the lobbu now, but again is charging 50points to play. I'll drop them an email to ask.