You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay, a drunk and a speculative local

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Tikay is on my left and playing really well. Super aggro, he's hitting but playing well too. Has just shown 52 which he 5bet preflop. He's turned £200 into around £800 quickly.
Local is down around £1000 in 30 mins. He's just paid me off for his last £100 with third pair on 10 high flop. I had QQ. He's now reloaded and is sat with around £220. As you can imagine, we're all trying to isolate him.
I'm merry and playing £355

He limps utg for 2
I have JJ and raise to 12
Tikay repops to £29
Local calls

I know local is never folding. 
Options
Folding, nope
Flatting and basically set mining oop or raising
I elect to raise to 101 and pretty quickly Tikay shoves. Local calls.
We?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Tikay, a drunk and a crazy local:
    Tikay is on my left and playing really well. Super aggro, he's hitting but playing well too. Has just shown 52 which he 5bet preflop. He's turned £200 into around £800 quickly. Local is down around £1000 in 30 mins. He's just paid me off for his last £100 with third pair on 10 high flop. I had QQ. He's now reloaded and is sat with around £220. As you can imagine, we're all trying to isolate him. I'm merry and playing £355 He limps utg for 2 I have JJ and raise to 12 Tikay repops to £29 Local calls I know local is never folding.  Options Folding, nope Flatting and basically set mining oop or raising I elect to raise to 101 and pretty quickly Tikay shoves. Local calls. We?
    Posted by Jac35

... are crushed or flipping at best.

Its £250 to win the £650 ish pot right?

Meh.  I'd fold.  Yes Local could have any two but we arent exactly favourites if both oppos just have overcards.

• edited September 2013
    And Tikay 5bet 52 preflop??

Pah!

His 5bet range is AAA.
  • edited September 2013
    you told me all about this hand at newcastle so I will keep quiet
  • edited September 2013

Decided before I 4bet that I'm going to be getting it in, otherwise I don't 4bet!

50xbb/fold out of a 150xbb stack with any hand, nevermind a value hand aint happening v a guy whos stuck tonnes & tilted, and a guy who's 5betting 5 high!

Gamble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be a lot more comfortable getting it in if we'd 4b smaller though, meaning TK could be wider.
  • edited September 2013
    Yep, before I 4bet I was planning on going all the way with hand.

Then as Gazza says, what am I actually beating when Tikay shoves?
    Knew I'd made a mistake with 4bet size. Local is coming along anyway but I get rid of all Tikays bluffs when I make the raise.
    £75-80 seems better now.

Tikay, I think would have pegged me as being pretty tight in that game, I hadn't been ool once and so when he shoves I should realise he is very strong.

The only hand I'm really in okay shape against is AK

However, in game we don't always think so clearly.
    Thought process at the time was that I'd put 30% of stack in the middle. Tikay had been very active. Only 3 hands had me crushed. With locals chips in as well, pot was sizeable. Also, how I would feel if I pass and see ace high take the pot.
    Then I factored in my luck box abilities and gave myself an extra 8.5% :) and muttered call.

At the time, I was relatively happy with decision but looking back now, hmmm
  • edited September 2013
    As requested sir...

That raise to £101 puts you in an awkward spot. Perhaps a smaller 4bet to say £70 or so then either gets rid of Tikay (maybe) or he goes over the top and we can probably, reluctantly fold.

Think calling or not depends on what mood you're in. If you're happy to gamble then stick it in. But if you are ahead pre, which is possible, you're gonna have to dodge a fair few cards you'd imagine vs 2 villains.

Is it too passive here to flat? I think thats what I'd do. Though I was on a table in DTD until the early hours this morning where it was valueville to get JJ in pre vs a certain oppo.

• edited September 2013
    Please do tell what happened...
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tikay, a drunk and a speculative local:
    Please do tell what happened...
    Posted by gazza127
    Certainly sir

I was up against the only real hand that I was in ok shape against and unsurprisingly rags from local
    Tikay had AK and local had Ace 5 off!

Flop gave me a set and they were drawing dead on the turn.

Still pretty unsure about it all.
    Live definitely plays differently to online and dynamics at that table etc are hard to get across when writing about it.
    Feel I'm going to be very easy to play against if I'm folding these kind of hands when someone puts the pressure on.
    In game I called pretty quickly but looking back now I think it's really close. As you said there was a decent chance I was flipping at best.