You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Super roller what to do on the turn

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Either i go with it or fold nasty turn card what would u do the guy likes to play hands hes in every other handkyp1961Small blind 100.00100.0014430.00baddunnBig blind 200.00300.0025622.50 Your hole cardsKK   IDONKCALLURaise 400.00700.009930.00POKEY2011Fold    arsenal124Call 400.001100.008057.50poker75757Fold    kyp1961Fold    baddunnFold    Flop  J27   IDONKCALLUBet 600.001700.009330.00arsenal124Call 600.002300.007457.50Turn  J   IDONKCALLUCheck    arsenal124Bet 2300.004600.005157.50

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Should have bet the turn yourself imo. It's not that nasty a turn card, 2 jacks being out reduces the chance he had a jack on the flop, and probably more likely he'll continue to call with his PPs.

As played, you now don't know if he's value betting PPs under jacks cos he thinks there's no way you have a jack, or just trying to take you off the pot with ATC, or has Jx.

I probably call now, but would have preferred a bet.
  • edited September 2013
    Fold >>>>>>>>>>>>>> call >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shove
  • edited September 2013
    never calling on the turn if im going with it 

as im oop so im either shoving or folding 

so whats the bet on the turn he only got 5.5k back so if i bet 1.8 k  and then get jammed on what then 
  • edited September 2013
    Just cos you're going with it doesn't mean you have to shove. You can decide you're going with it but still call cos you want him to carry on value betting worse or carrying on bluffing. Shoving is just awful cos you 100% aint getting called by worse.

Probably go a little smaller than 1.8k and fold to a raise. He's not raising with FDs, underpairs etc etc. If he raises, we're probably against FHs and trip Js. 1.4k on the turn is enough to leave a PSB behind, still gets plenty of value and allows us to bet/fold cheaper.

But as you played, he's bet and you have no idea what he has, and even if he doesnt bet and he checks back, you probably just missed out value from TT/99/88, FDs etc.
  • edited September 2013
    shoving is really, really bad.
  • edited September 2013
    so u would happily go out in this hand both of u ?   so lambert u would bet turn then then shove river ?  i think alot of times jack shows up here 
  • edited September 2013
    Kinda depends on the river.... a king would be nice lol.

But check/shoving the turn is really bad. So it's check/fold or check/call, they are the options open to you really. Check/fold isn't bad.
  • edited September 2013
    What's his range on the turn Stevie?

Name the hands he can have when he makes this bet, after peeling pre and otf. ..........
  • edited September 2013
    ace jack   q j  could have 22 even 77 only thing is he likes to play hands so could have a air ball just hate the turn card id happily stack of on a brick turn 

this could be a float just dnt wanna lose my stack in this spot where i barrel turn n shove river where i think jack pops up alot 
  • edited September 2013
    just didnt wanna go broke in this hand barreling on the turn and shoving the river  where i think jack pops up alot 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Super roller what to do on the turn:
    ace jack   q j  could have 22 even 77 only thing is he likes to play hands so could have a air ball just hate the turn card id happily stack of on a brick turn  this could be a float just dnt wanna lose my stack in this spot where i barrel turn n shove river where i think jack pops up alot 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Why would a shove on the turn be better than a call against any of those hands you've mentioned?

AJ = miles behind

QJ = miles behind

22 = miles behind

77 = miles behind

air ball = miles ahead

You've assigned him that range and still prefer a shove to a flat?
  • edited September 2013
    lol no but im oop it still plays the same way i check call turn i check call river still same thing i know what ya saying let him bluff so check the turn cnt see this beeing a bluff tho 
  • edited September 2013
    lol no but im oop it still plays the same way i check call turn i check call river still same thing i know what ya saying let him bluff so check the turn cnt see this beeing a bluff tho 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    he likes to play hands so could have a air ball
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Super roller what to do on the turn : ...............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    loooooooooooool

If you can't see it being a bluff then WHY is this hand here?

You've listed his range as being all hands that crush us and you don't think it's a bluff, so it's a simple check/fold based on that range.
  • edited September 2013
    i posted coz i think its a tricky decision and wanted to know what u would do thanks for ya replys :)
  • edited September 2013
    bet turn or c/c turn

only folding diamond rivers