You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Monitor?

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Any recommendations on what and where to buy?

I currently only use one but going to spend my super ticket winnings wisely.  The one I use at present is a 27" acer and does the job fine.

Thanks all for the help.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    <3

Cant help u myself DTM, techno aint my thing.

Acegooner knows where the value is at though, I'd suggest holding off until he sees the thread, he can prob save u a few Bob.

Congrats on ur super ticket win, much deserved! :)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New Monitor?:
    <3 Cant help u myself DTM, techno aint my thing. Acegooner knows where the value is at though, I'd suggest holding off until he sees the thread, he can prob save u a few Bob. Congrats on ur super ticket win, much deserved! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks DOH.

I've really wasted my super tickets win on alcohol and expensive dining but going to get one anyway.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New Monitor? : Thanks DOH. I've really wasted my super tickets win on alcohol and expensive dining but going to get one anyway.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Gooner wud have done the same.

As played he had to make do with Iceland ready meals and lemonade! ;)

haha, seriously though, if there's value to be had, he's your man!
  • edited September 2013
    Does it have to be 27" ?

Can go way cheaper otherwise. Dunno if you read my blog but there's a pic of my monitor in there... 24", resolution is fine to have 12tables with practically no overlap and was £75 in Argos.

Clearly should have mentioned me as the man for value JJ!

#lifenit

:)
  • edited September 2013
    just got this one 
    LS24C45KBW/EN - Samsung SyncMaster S24C450BW - LED monitor - 24" - 1920 x 1200 - TN - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 5 ms - DVI-D, VGA - matte black
    was 215 quid of ebay   ,really pleased with it the x1200 resolution makes a big difference
    plenty cheaper about but i really  wanted this resolution
  • edited September 2013
    Try play.com if you havent already they sometimes have good offers on.
  • edited September 2013
    i prefer jus the one 27" rather then having multiple monitors. cant see any point having 2 monitors this size tho
  • edited September 2013
    Does it have to be 27" ? Can go way cheaper otherwise. Dunno if you read my blog but there's a pic of my monitor in there... 24", resolution is fine to have 12tables with practically no overlap and was £75 in Argos. Clearly should have mentioned me as the man for value JJ! #lifenit :)
    Posted by Lambert180[/QUOT

Cheers Paul,

I guess it doesn't have to be 27" but thought two monitors of the same size would look better.  Might be abit tight for room though so 24 may be better.

£75 seems like a very good deal.  Cant see any on Argos for that anymore.

• edited September 2013
    just got this one  LS24C45KBW/EN - Samsung SyncMaster S24C450BW - LED monitor - 24" - 1920 x 1200 - TN - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 5 ms - DVI-D, VGA - matte black was 215 quid of ebay   ,really pleased with it the x1200 resolution makes a big difference plenty cheaper about but i really  wanted this resolution
    Posted by weedgi

Thanks weedgi.

Do you know if I could fit more screens on a 27" 1080 or your monitor?  How many screens can you fit with no overlap?  Would love a screen shot :-)

Thanks again.

• edited September 2013
    i prefer jus the one 27" rather then having multiple monitors. cant see any point having 2 monitors this size tho
    Posted by LnarinOO

Hi Lnarin,

I have to much overlap when playing 16+ tables and just trying to conquer that.

• edited September 2013
    In terms of fitting tables, monitor size literally means nothing, it's 100% about resolution, more = more tables.

A 14" monitor with better resolution would fit more tables than a 32" with smaller resolution (they'd just look smaller to your eye).
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New Monitor? : Hi Lnarin, I have to much overlap when playing 16+ tables and just trying to conquer that.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    u could fit 24+ on a decent 27" with no overlap- id prefer jus one decent reso screen to 2x 24's but it depends on what u prefer..
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New Monitor? : u could fit 24+ on a decent 27" with no overlap- id prefer jus one decent reso screen to 2x 24's but it depends on what u prefer..
    Posted by LnarinOO

I just have the standard 1080 resolution but the more Im hearing the more that I'm thinking about paying more and getting better resolution.

Any recommendations Lnarin?

Cheers

• edited September 2013

higher the resolution = less overlap
    if u worried about the overlap get the higher resolution
    1900 X 1200 res prob what u want  for the extra few quid , small price to pay if your mass mutitabling
    ive just got samsung one cant get over the screen size very happy with it for 215 quid ,thinking of getting another matching one to 4 big size table on each monitor
    if i was in your position i would  prob get 27inch 1900 x 1200
    dunno how to do screenshot but i will looad up loads tables later and min size em and see how many fit and get back to you
  • edited October 2013
    your still gonna get overlap with the x 1200 resolution just not as bad with 16tables
     x 1080   to x 1200   aint that much more
    higher res than that costs  a few bob 

maybe get 2 cheaper monitors and  8 or 9 table on each monitor   ,not so srtessfull on yer eyes  and prob the cheapest option
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for your help bel and weedgi.  Much appreciated guys.