You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FFS!!!!! LEAVE DAVID MOYES ALONE

IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A VERY TOUGH  CALL FOLLOWING SIR ALEX.
YET AFTER ONLY A FEW GAMES,THEY'RE AFTER DAVID MOYES' HEAD.
I'M PLENTY OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN FERGIE FIRST CAME TO MAN UTD.-HE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS IN HIS 1ST SEASON-ALTHOUGH HE DID HAVE A VERY GOOD MAN TO TURN TO-THE ONE AND ONLY SIR MATT BUSBY.

GIVE MOYES A CHANCE,AND HE WILL DO THE BUSINESS,AS FOR ANY PLAYER NOT HAPPY WITH HIM,A 2 WORD ANSWER "****  OFF".THIS INCLUDES THE HEAD-BAND KING.

I'M NOT A MAN U. SUPPORTER(READING FC),BUT I HAVE GREATEST RESPECT FOR THEM ,AND I CAN RECALL THE MUNICH AIR CRASH IN 1958,WHEN SOME TOP PLAYERS WERE KILLED,INCLUDING A GUY I WOULD GLADLY PUT IN MY ALL - TIMKE TOP 5-DUNCAN EDWARDS,
SO COME ON YOU MAN U "FANS" GIVE THE GUY A FAIR CRACK OF THE WHIP.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    he has had a tough start but i think he will get things right if he is given time .remember fergie did not get of too the greatest starts as manager!! this season was always going to be harder the league is improving every year and there are more teams that can take points of any of the top 6 teams ..and also feel with the signings spurs have made that they could make a proper go of it as well as long as they can keep up the momentum...all in all it looks like this could be a very interesting  season of good football for the armchair fan
  • edited September 2013
    agree fans shouldn't be after his head bazzer, it was always going to be a thankless task. Remember after Sir Matt left United seat they were relegated within two years. That wont happen this time but as I have said in the other thread they will struggle to finish in top four. 

If they do get rid of him can I suggest another Scottish manager called Alex might do trick:-

Alexander Matt Busby
    Alexander Ferguson

how about

Alexander McLeish

now that would be funny

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: FFS!!!!! LEAVE DAVID MOYES ALONE:
    agree fans shouldn't be after his head bazzer, it was always going to be a thankless task. Remember after Sir Matt left United seat they were relegated within two years. That wont happen this time but as I have said in the other thread they will struggle to finish in top four.  If they do get rid of him can I suggest another Scottish manager called Alex might do trick:- Alexander Matt Busby Alexander Ferguson how about Alexander McLeish now that would be funny
    Posted by vaigret
    HaHa...if that happened then they would be looking at relegation...
  • edited September 2013
    im a manchester united fan, i can quite honestly say die hard manchester untied fans who go home and away are truly 100%  behind david moyes, its a lot of the glory supporters who never go to any games are the ones who are on moyes back. although manchester united have had a poor start to the season lets not forget they have been to city and liverpool away and had chelsea at home, tough start for anybody that. anyone writing them off allready is extremely foolish and i have no doubt that moyes will turn it around and have a succesfull first year here. also dont think moysie was helped this summer having a new chief exec ed woodwood in charge not meeting his transfer targets but thats another matter. 

so cmon david moyes, play like fergies boys, we go wild wild wild, we go wild wild wild. :-)
  • edited October 2013
    Not an expert at sports trading (I wish I was) but I know the idea is to back an outcome at higher odds then lay it back if/when they are shorter.

Can pretty much gntee that United will be (much) shorter than 7/1 between now and the end of the season.

Don't think they'll win the league, but reckon they'll be in to 3/1 at some point maybe even shorter.

Is that a big enough swing in odds to make any money?
  • edited October 2013
    listen ive been a united fan since mid 70s andas i have  saidcountless times before davie moyes is the best man for the job good draw last night at a very difficult place give him time be surprised if we won the league this year tho rome wasnt built in a day yadda yadda as bazza said just let him get on with the job and gl all today
  • edited October 2013
    agree fans shouldn't be after his head bazzer, it was always going to be a thankless task. Remember after Sir Matt left United seat they were relegated within two years. That wont happen this time but as I have said in the other thread they will struggle to finish in top four.  If they do get rid of him can I suggest another Scottish manager called Alex might do trick:- Alexander Matt Busby Alexander Ferguson how about Alexander McLeish now that would be funny
    Posted by vaigret

I like David Moyes, think he will do a good job but whoever took over from Fergson was on a hiding to nothing..BUT if they were to miss out on the Champions league it would make me smile and if they got relegated I don't think I would ever get the smile off my face. :):)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FFS!!!!! LEAVE DAVID MOYES ALONE : I like David Moyes, think he will do a good job but whoever took over from Fergson was on a hiding to nothing..BUT if they were to miss out on the Champions league it would make me smile and if they got relegated I don't think I would ever get the smile off my face. :):)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

Dont think Moyes will be that bad in end to get them relegated Brrrrr
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FFS!!!!! LEAVE DAVID MOYES ALONE : Dont think Moyes will be that bad in end to get them relegated Brrrrr
    Posted by vaigret
    Of course they won't, Moyes is a good manager and if he's given a sensible period of time, he'll win them trophies but I am going to enjoy the season (s) it takes for him to get them winning regularly again!!
  • edited October 2013
    he just needs time
  • edited October 2013
    i could see this coming the moment he got appointed.

the problem with fans now is they no longer have the patience.

i am a toon fan and get so annoyed with the amount times fans call for pardew to get the sack when we really not be likely to see a one any bett come in if he was sacked.

• edited October 2013
    i could see this coming the moment he got appointed. the problem with fans now is they no longer have the patience. i am a toon fan and get so annoyed with the amount times fans call for pardew to get the sack when we really not be likely to see a one any bett come in if he was sacked.
    Posted by craigcu12
    tton fan yeah ?
    you got my sympathy with your "Manager"=never will forgive him for the way he wrecked Reading in his first management job.
    No offence meant mate.