You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Schedule, 6pm and 7pm £5 freezeouts, what happened?

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Been on my hols for a couple of weeks and return to find 2 of my daily tourneys gone.  There were never huge numbers playing but we made the guarantees and they were good structures.
Sky talk about MTT's but really there isn't any love on here for MTT players. If I want to spend £5 or £10 a go on MTT's in the evening I now have very few options. I have a £5 re-buy at 5pm and then what? I think it's ridiculous, can we please have the tourneys back and an explanation as to why they were removed? I've been patiently waiting for the new software to enjoy playing MTT's, at this rate it's not going to matter much, as I won't be able to multi-table.  Reading one of Tikay's posts on the forum about keeping mom and dad happy, the key is variety and to take out 2 of the only freeze outs that exist exasperates me, i'd like to see more, not less. Tikay can you help?

Adrian

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and we're sorry that you are unhappy with these tournaments being removed.

Of these 2 freezeout tournaments, the 7pm has been performing poorly consistently for the last few weeks.

It has missed its guarantee 8 times out of the last 9 instances that it has ran and by some way (23 - 28 runners for the last 4 runnings)

The 7pm start time is a very busy start time on site, we believe this tournament has suffered as it clashes with a Speed bounty hunter of the same buy in at the same time, which attracts more runners.

We have therefore moved the 7pm £200 Gtd tournament back to 7.30pm, where we hope it will have more success.

For the 6pm freezeout, it has missed its guarantee 18 times out the last 24 runnings, the highest field it has achieved recently was 47 runners on the 8th September, therefore it has been removed from the schedule for now.

We are currently working on tidying up the schedule, which involves removal of some under-performing tournaments and de-cluttering some of the satellite schedules. This will free up time slots to add some new tournaments and regular freezeouts are very much on our mind.

We will keep you informed as we make further additions to the schedule

best wishes

Sky Peter

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Schedule, 6pm and 7pm £5 freezeouts, what happened?:
    Hi Adrian, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and we're sorry that you are unhappy with these tournaments being removed. Of these 2 freezeout tournaments, the 7pm has been performing poorly consistently for the last few weeks. It has missed its guarantee 8 times out of the last 9 instances that it has ran and by some way (23 - 28 runners for the last 4 runnings) The 7pm start time is a very busy start time on site, we believe this tournament has suffered as it clashes with a Speed bounty hunter of the same buy in at the same time, which attracts more runners. We have therefore moved the 7pm £200 Gtd tournament back to 7.30pm, where we hope it will have more success. For the 6pm freezeout, it has missed its guarantee 18 times out the last 24 runnings, the highest field it has achieved recently was 47 runners on the 8th September, therefore it has been removed from the schedule for now. We are currently working on tidying up the schedule, which involves removal of some under-performing tournaments and de-cluttering some of the satellite schedules. This will free up time slots to add some new tournaments and regular freezeouts are very much on our mind. We will keep you informed as we make further additions to the schedule best wishes Sky Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Right then guys, let's get behind this tournament and show Sky there is a demand for freezeouts! 7pm was a little early for me, but 7.30 is much better, so I will add this to my list of MTTs I play each night.

If we can start to get this tournament over 50 odd runners with an aim to be pushing 80+ then they will be happier about adding more. 

Saying that, I personally may be back a bit late tonight to play it, but it's one I will deffo be playing when I can.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Adrian, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and we're sorry that you are unhappy with these tournaments being removed. Of these 2 freezeout tournaments, the 7pm has been performing poorly consistently for the last few weeks. It has missed its guarantee 8 times out of the last 9 instances that it has ran and by some way (23 - 28 runners for the last 4 runnings) The 7pm start time is a very busy start time on site, we believe this tournament has suffered as it clashes with a Speed bounty hunter of the same buy in at the same time, which attracts more runners. We have therefore moved the 7pm £200 Gtd tournament back to 7.30pm, where we hope it will have more success. For the 6pm freezeout, it has missed its guarantee 18 times out the last 24 runnings, the highest field it has achieved recently was 47 runners on the 8th September, therefore it has been removed from the schedule for now. We are currently working on tidying up the schedule, which involves removal of some under-performing tournaments and de-cluttering some of the satellite schedules. This will free up time slots to add some new tournaments and regular freezeouts are very much on our mind. We will keep you informed as we make further additions to the schedule best wishes Sky Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Firstly, thank you for replying and so promptly. I hadn't realised the situation was that bad, I know the numbers normally dip in the summer. I guess it's a judgement call between reducing the guarantee and cancelling the tourney. If you reduce the guarantee then the numbers probably reduce and it gets cancelled down the line. I'd rather see the guarantee reduced and the tourney moved to 6.30 (in line with the 7 to 7:30) but that's just my view. I'm not sure the freeing up of timeslots is either here or there. As previously mentioned many times on the forum the real problem is the lack of a decent MTT schedule, but I guess that's not all your fault if people don't want to play. You could also try varying the buy-in to £3 to see how that goes.
    Sky need to work on marketing freeze outs, maybe a range of buy ins (3, 5, 10) and run a league, something to generate business else me and people like me will just find somewhere else to play, and I don't want to, as I like sky. The site hasn't really been the same since the poker leagues stopped and C4P/rewards started. I used to play 4 tourneys (2 freeze and 2 re-buys between 6-9pm) now there is one freeze out left.
    I don't play the mains because I'm tight. I used to try and satellite in, but no more. In terms of satellites, when we had the semi-final (as it used to be called) we had a sat with 10 minute blinds and played a proper tourney. Now they are all 3 and 5 minute shove fests with horrible structures. Is there any way that for the larger tourneys we could go back to this? If I'm playing a tourney with 10 minute blinds then this is a reasonable game, but £11+ sats with poor structures are a problem and I choose not to play. Again, thank you for the reply

Adrian
  • edited September 2013
    I have to agree Adrian ! esp about the smaller buys in throughout the day !!! were have the 50gtds gone ??? these used to meet the garantee everytime ! fair enough most of the sky population enjoy BHS rather than a standard freezeout but there is enough choice for BHS on this site already, at least 1 going off every half an hour !!! I didint see the logic in removing the smaller buys in throught the day !!! However I do beleive the scedule needs a revamp around 6 to 8 pm !!! there is loads of quantity but not enough quality in my eyes, y not bring in some slower structurd tournys !!! Ino we have the deepstack now and i think this is a masterstroke btw but we need more !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2013
    I have to agree Adrian ! esp about the smaller buys in throughout the day !!! were have the 50gtds gone ??? these used to meet the garantee everytime ! fair enough most of the sky population enjoy BHS rather than a standard freezeout but there is enough choice for BHS on this site already, at least 1 going off every half an hour !!! I didint see the logic in removing the smaller buys in throught the day !!! However I do beleive the scedule needs a revamp around 6 to 8 pm !!! there is loads of quantity but not enough quality in my eyes, y not bring in some slower structurd tournys !!! Ino we have the deepstack now and i think this is a masterstroke btw but we need more !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    try the sng lobby, there's plenty of them in there ;)
  • edited September 2013
    66 runners tonight! Guarentee was £200 and it made £330 ... good times are coming! :-)
  • edited September 2013
    I would love to see the 50 gtds re introduced !! I can understand y sky wouldnt want to put the £5.50 rebuy on because it very rarely hit its garantee, but the £3.30 speed rebuy used to hit its garantee all the time !! dont know how yu work that out dohhhh !!! surely u understand an mtt is a multitable tourney and a sit and go is 1 table ?? the 30 regularly hit 25-30 runners !!!