You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I was checking sharkscope tonight and it shows a rebuy tourney I played (and failed in lol) as having re bought or added on which I didnt. Is this just an auto thing for SS to show as they wont know the number of re buys/add ons?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    They add up the number of rebuys and add-ons (and intial BIs) and divide it by the number of entrants to work out what an average player spent. So sometimes it'll be less than you actually spent, sometimes more.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope:
    They add up the number of rebuys and add-ons (and intial BIs) and divide it by the number of entrants to work out what an average player spent. So sometimes it'll be less than you actually spent, sometimes more.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks for that
  • edited September 2013
    How come sharkscope can show a profit, but a negative ROI lol Seen as we are on sharkscope
  • edited September 2013
    think it averages your ROI, so if you lose 20% of 1000 buyins but then bink a massive score from satelliting into a big tournie then it will still show as negative. can work the other way too, if you boss the lower limits but then take a a wild shot and lose a load in 5 high stakes games you can be +roi and -profit

makes sense in my head lol

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited September 2013
    Because the ROI that SS shows is actually average ROI.

Generally if you have a really good ROI and you're losing money it's cos you do well at low stakes and not in a small amount of high stakes.

Or for your example, the reverse.

So if you play 1000 x 30p DYMs and you have a 15% ROI that would be amaaaaazing. Go and play 1 x £100 DYM and lose it, your average ROI will barely change cos in terms of what you lost (as a percentage of what you invested), it's a tiny figure, BUT your profit would be destroyed.

Conversely, you could enter 500 £2 deepstacks and bust every single one of them the 1st hand. Then play the Roller, win it for 8k and your profit would be sick, your ROI would not be.
  • edited October 2013
    Because the ROI that SS shows is actually average ROI. Generally if you have a really good ROI and you're losing money it's cos you do well at low stakes and not in a small amount of high stakes. Or for your example, the reverse. So if you play 1000 x 30p DYMs and you have a 15% ROI that would be amaaaaazing. Go and play 1 x £100 DYM and lose it, your average ROI will barely change cos in terms of what you lost (as a percentage of what you invested), it's a tiny figure, BUT your profit would be destroyed. Conversely, you could enter 500 £2 deepstacks and bust every single one of them the 1st hand. Then play the Roller, win it for 8k and your profit would be sick, your ROI would not be.
    Posted by Lambert180

Sounds like someone I know *ahem* Harry
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope : Sounds like someone I know *ahem* Harry
    Posted by gazza127
    Sigh.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope : Sigh.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ;)