You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stake me to play

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi guys I have just received a fone call off stakemtoplay......... they r going to stake me !!!! the way it is going to work is the r going to put £100 in my account everyday, at the end of every session they are going to take there cut of 40 percente if I have a winning day then the next day reload my account with 100 pound !!! I need to come up with some sort of scedule of touneys i intend to play !!! I have never really had a scedule I just tend to play whats running at the time, I am absolutly awful with BM so im looking for abit of help to get me started this is what im thinking off the top of my head !!! this is just off the top of my head i may have to play around with it abit but what do use think ?????

200 rebuy- buy in 5.50 + insta rebuy 5.50 + add on 5.50 = £16.50
400 rebuy- buy in 2.20 + insta rebuy 2.20 + add on 2.20 = £6.60
19.30 deepstack £22
19.00 side semi £12
main £33
mini £5.50
250gtd speed buy in 2.20 + 2.20 insta rebuy + 2.20 add on +6.60 

Total is £102.20 

I may have to alter the buy ins abit because i dont feel I am playing enough tables !!! 

Any suggestions ??????

Comments

• edited September 2013
    GL with this and don't forget that the main is £55 on occasion. If you enjoy the deepstacks there are always 2 or 3 running each evening with a range from £1.10 to £5.50 but I can vouch for the fact that there are many solid players frequenting these. Also you mention about tying to sat into the main events this would obviously be a good route to take.

Best of luck.
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers for the advice, i play ALOT of sats already and i feel like the tilt me an awful lot, Im thinking i will have to introduce the main event semi, the directs r deffo a no go for me ino you can get in on the cheap but they become total bingo at times, also i am a major tilt monster i tilt and go through rolls in the space of a few hours by moving up levels when im loosing, and these sats bring that monster in to play... 
  • edited September 2013
    Im think this scedule needs completly revamping !!! I would ideally like to play alot more deepstacks !!! Ino the fields r genrally alot better in these games but i feel i have an edge with a longer structure 
  • edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    Just C + P ing cos the talking seems to be here

"To be honest, I think this is a bit of a waste of your money.

You've got a really good sharkscope and it sounds like you'll just be playing the same games you already do anyway, so you're just shipping off 40% of your profits for no reason.

Granted the losses come out of their pocket, but 40% of the winnings go in their pocket too and if you're a winning player (which you clearly are from SS) then you're losing on the deal.

If you were staked more £££ and could play MTTs that you can't really afford now then it would be good (although you'd almost certainly need to play on other sites) but it sounds like you're playing the same games but just giving up 40% profit for no real gain."

Either way, GL!
  • edited September 2013
    Very Ineresting and best of luck with this.

The way you explained your introduction to this, it sounded like some telesales company had rung you and talked you into signing up, but I think it's more structured than this, I take it you registered your interest, were subsequently accepted and have a pretty good idea what you hope to gain from this venture?

I've the same initial thoughts as Lambert really, if you are not going to use the extra income to fund a move to the next level or levels I can't see the value to you, in doing this?

As a fellow 'sat grinder', being able to cut out 'tilty sats' and have the daily guarantee of having the funds to enter the bigger mtt's without sats sounds positive, this would also free up some time or tables for you to play other mtt's, sng's or cash rather than focusing on sats for an hour or two a night.

More of the same, but lose 40% of profit doesn't sound like the way to go, though if you can make that work for you, good luck.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: stake me to play:
    Very Ineresting and best of luck with this. The way you explained your introduction to this, it sounded like some telesales company had rung you and talked you into signing up, but I think it's more structured than this, I take it you registered your interest, were subsequently accepted and have a pretty good idea what you hope to gain from this venture? I've the same initial thoughts as Lambert really, if you are not going to use the extra income to fund a move to the next level or levels I can't see the value to you, in doing this? As a fellow 'sat grinder', being able to cut out 'tilty sats' and have the daily guarantee of having the funds to enter the bigger mtt's without sats sounds positive, this would also free up some time or tables for you to play other mtt's, sng's or cash rather than focusing on sats for an hour or two a night. More of the same, but lose 40% of profit doesn't sound like the way to go, though if you can make that work for you, good luck.
    Posted by TheDart

Yeh i signed up to it online mate !!! I made 2 threads by accident but if u take a look at the other 1 i have explained y I am intrested in this.....

• edited September 2013
    +1 lambert, your total stake is probably +100 a day anyway ?
  • edited September 2013
    The "day" thing would annoy me aswell would be better if they gave you amounts weekly/monthly to allow you to pick a better schedule
  • edited September 2013
    for scheduled:
    Total Stake: £17,116
    Active Days: 211
    Stake Per Day: £81
    Total Profit: £6400
    Profit per day: £30.30.... you really want to give them £12 ?

Obv its good as it minimises your risk, but if I were you I would just do it until you have a large enough amount to play with your own funds. Wish you the best of luck with this though.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: stake me to play : Yeh i signed up to it online mate !!! I made 2 threads by accident but if u take a look at the other 1 i have explained y I am intrested in this.....
    Posted by K8LOU
    Are there are any guidelines you have to follow?

I take it you are staked for play on Sky only?

Obviously you have found a way / have a game where you can make a profit on Sky, with the added cash can you now go...... wahey its not my money, I've nothing to lose I'm going to play all the top mtt's on the site and see where it takes me.

For example, I believe you are thinking only mtt's, so every nightyou could be playing:

7.30 deepstack - £22.00
    8.00 Main - £33.00 (average)
    8.30 Mini - £5.50
    9.00 £55bh - £55.00

Total - £116.50

I take it you are still going to use some of your own funds, so add in the £5.50 and £11.00 mtt's and a few sat's, you are getting around £180 worth of buy in's for £80.00.

That's probably shocking BR management, but it depends what you want to get out of it and how long you want to stay with the staking plan.

You are already an above average player on the site, so I'd be tempted to use the added stake money to test myself and improve my game at the highest level on the site and I don't think it is a case of you needing to move through levels to get there.

Whilst you are at it don't you also get coaching and analysis support from your backers, so it could be a way to fast track your game to the next level anyway?

That, I think probably is the carefree, nothing to lose option you could chose, alternatively you stay at similar levels you are playing now, but more volume, but if you are now going to be 'losing' 40% of your profits you will need to up your volume considerably.

I'm sure you'll get much more articulated answers from people with a real understanding of the poker world and look forward to following your progress.

Again, Best of Luck!!!

• edited September 2013

Use find a player each time you start a session and register every MTT than Mattbates is in, just for the value ;)

Good luckkkk!!!
  • edited September 2013
    for scheduled: Total Stake: £17,116 Active Days: 211 Stake Per Day: £81 Total Profit: £6400 Profit per day: £30.30.... you really want to give them £12 ? Obv its good as it minimises your risk, but if I were you I would just do it until you have a large enough amount to play with your own funds. Wish you the best of luck with this though.
    Posted by RyanC7

Cheers mate, yeh i get that but i beleive id be able to move up alot faster and i would be playing the higher buys ins such as mains most nights and im hoping my win rate would increase. 

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: stake me to play : Are there are any guidelines you have to follow? I take it you are staked for play on Sky only? Obviously you have found a way / have a game where you can make a profit on Sky, with the added cash can you now go...... wahey its not my money, I've nothing to lose I'm going to play all the top mtt's on the site and see where it takes me. For example, I believe you are thinking only mtt's, so every nightyou could be playing: 7.30 deepstack - £22.00 8.00 Main - £33.00 (average) 8.30 Mini - £5.50 9.00 £55bh - £55.00 Total - £116.50 I take it you are still going to use some of your own funds, so add in the £5.50 and £11.00 mtt's and a few sat's, you are getting around £180 worth of buy in's for £80.00. That's probably shocking BR management, but it depends what you want to get out of it and how long you want to stay with the staking plan. You are already an above average player on the site, so I'd be tempted to use the added stake money to test myself and improve my game at the highest level on the site and I don't think it is a case of you needing to move through levels to get there. Whilst you are at it don't you also get coaching and analysis support from your backers, so it could be a way to fast track your game to the next level anyway? That, I think probably is the carefree, nothing to lose option you could chose, alternatively you stay at similar levels you are playing now, but more volume, but if you are now going to be 'losing' 40% of your profits you will need to up your volume considerably. I'm sure you'll get much more articulated answers from people with a real understanding of the poker world and look forward to following your progress. Again, Best of Luck!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    Yes mate there r alot of guildlines I have to follow, listed just a few

Maximum stake is £33(not sure how this will work towards sats)
    I have to play a minimum of 50 mtts per week
    Sessions were my game is monitored
    Sending over progress reports weekly
    Cannot use any of my own funds

Also you do get alot of coaching which is a big plus for me, stuart rutter the sky poker expert off the show is a coach for them and another sky poker expert is a coach for them too(cant think of his name)

They way I look at is If i play the bigger mtts every nght i fancy myself to get a few good cashes a week which will exceed what Im making playing the smaller mtts.

I would initially be on a 1 month trail period but this could become full time if I do well which means I will receive a wage of SMTP(obv not even thinking about this atm)

I am only staked to play on sky but I have just spoken to them and I have been told i may have to move to another site because of something to do with the hand histories on sky.

• edited September 2013
    Use find a player each time you start a session and register every MTT than Mattbates is in, just for the value ;) Good luckkkk!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Haha joking rnt u, whats the point when he gets there in EVERY SINGLE POT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: stake me to play : Yes mate there r alot of guildlines I have to follow, listed just a few Maximum stake is £33(not sure how this will work towards sats) I have to play a minimum of 50 mtts per week Sessions were my game is monitored Sending over progress reports weekly Cannot use any of my own funds Also you do get alot of coaching which is a big plus for me, stuart rutter the sky poker expert off the show is a coach for them and another sky poker expert is a coach for them too(cant think of his name) They way I look at is If i play the bigger mtts every nght i fancy myself to get a few good cashes a week which will exceed what Im making playing the smaller mtts.   I would initially be on a 1 month trail period but this could become full time if I do well which means I will receive a wage of SMTP(obv not even thinking about this atm) I am only staked to play on sky but I have just spoken to them and I have been told i may have to move to another site because of something to do with the hand histories on sky.
    Posted by K8LOU
    Other players who have done this sort of thing have moved on because of this.
    Let us know how you get on even if you do move sites.