You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts?

edited October 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Final table bubble. Is this just a fold? I had about 10 BBs

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
haylez83Small blind 3000.003000.0030674.00
xBig blind 6000.009000.00201831.04
 Your hole cards

scarle1Fold    
dabossmanAll-in

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Standard jam mate from the button (if every1 else has folded)
  • edited September 2013

Clear shove. well played.
  • edited September 2013
    Might need a bit more info....

But in general, we should be shoving most hands on the button with 10bb so can't really fault it.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thoughts?:
    Might need a bit more info.... But in general, we should be shoving most hands on the button with 10bb so can't really fault it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I was sitting 4th or 5th in chips at the time so in theory I could have waited to try and ladder but I dont want to get that far in an MTT and not try and go for it. The BB was the big stack and I have played them a few times in MTTs and always come off second best against them lol.

I guess I was a bit disappointed after bubbling the FT of an MTT again and it is these types of hands I get caught out with and always think, should have folded. 

Worse thing about the hand I rivered the set, unfortunately the caller had KK and hit a K on the flop. Its rigged lol :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thoughts?:
    Might need a bit more info.... But in general, we should be shoving most hands on the button with 10bb so can't really fault it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I was sitting 4th or 5th in chips at the time so in theory I could have waited to try and ladder but I dont want to get that far in an MTT and not try and go for it. The BB was the big stack and I have played them a few times in MTTs and always come off second best against them lol.

I guess I was a bit disappointed after bubbling the FT of an MTT again and it is these types of hands I get caught out with and always think, should have folded. 

Worse thing about the hand I rivered the set, unfortunately the caller had KK and hit a K on the flop. Its rigged lol :)
  • edited October 2013
    With 10bb this is standard shove territory.

You were just unlucky to come up against a huge hand.

Large majority of the time it will get through.

Going for the win (with sensible risks like this) is the better strategy in the long run.

Might consider a fold if something worth laddering for, a couple of very short stacks left in tourney, and BB is runaway chip leader with 100BB.