You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

9pm £11 Rebuys

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Not that long ago there seemed to be a £3,000 Guaranteed £11 rebuy in the 9pm slot most nights of the week.

Was anyone else as big a fan of these tournaments as I was?

I found them to be the best structured MTT's on the site by a mile, with the 4,000 chip add on providing much deeper average stacks than most other tourneys right the way through the bubble and into the deep stages (in contrast to the 8pm main event which is often just 2,000 starting stack and becomes a shove fest pretty quickly). They were also within the bank roll of a lot more players than the £55 bounty hunters which seem to have replaced them.

If anyone else misses having these tournaments on the daily schedules and would like to see them return then please post in this thread.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to 9pm £11 Rebuys:
    Not that long ago there seemed to be a £3,000 Guaranteed £11 rebuy in the 9pm slot most nights of the week. Was anyone else as big a fan of these tournaments as I was? I found them to be the best structured MTT's on the site by a mile, with the 4,000 chip add on providing much deeper average stacks than most other tourneys right the way through the bubble and into the deep stages (in contrast to the 8pm main event which is often just 2,000 starting stack and becomes a shove fest pretty quickly). They were also within the bank roll of a lot more players than the £55 bounty hunters which seem to have replaced them. If anyone else misses having these tournaments on the daily schedules and would like to see them return then please post in this thread.
    Posted by MATT8

Loved this tournament.  Sky realised it wasn't a BH and got rid of it.

Sigh.  All I want to do is play a tournament with a decent structure at a decent BI.
  • edited September 2013
    I was pretty gutted to find it had been removed from the schedule on Friday, I believe it usually runs on Wednesday too, but also seems to have disappeared.

3K GTD Re-buy Open - was my favourite Tourney

Please bring it back - pretty please :)
  • edited September 2013
    One of the best Mains of the week is the 4k rebuy. Shame it's little sister has been marginalised. Assume it's because it doesn't fit in with the whole ''Magnificent 7'' thing.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi All,

We've recently been discussing options for getting this back in the schedule, it cant sustain a £3,000 guarantee if it runs in parallel with the 9pm Bounty Hunter so we are looking at our options.

We are commited to providing a good structured rebuy tournament around this buy-in level on a nightly basis though.

Keep the comments coming, they are all welcome and very much appreciated guys.

Best Wishes

The Sky Poker Team

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 9pm £11 Rebuys:
    Hi All, We've recently been discussing options for getting this back in the schedule, it cant sustain a £3,000 guarantee if it runs in parallel with the 9pm Bounty Hunter so we are looking at our options. We are commited to providing a good structured rebuy tournament around this buy-in level on a nightly basis though. Keep the comments coming, they are all welcome and very much appreciated guys. Best Wishes The Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Thanks for the update guys that's good to hear - will look forward to seeing it return to the schedule.

MATT8
  • edited October 2013

Thank you I was very pleased to see this tournament running again (with a £2k guarantee) at the weekend.
    Can you confirm what nights (and what times) this is going to be in the schedule?