You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is our moment!

I'm welling up here, chief.

That's all crystal clear - we WILL do our duty.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    ...as Martine McCutcheon once sang.

Fellow Orfordians of The First Realm, the time once more approaches to prove yourselves against the evil Tikayers.

Tonight- 7pm- all those who signed up for Team Orford are expected to do their duty and take their places in the trenches like dutiful soldiers and wait for the Big Push.

And when the whistle blows, we will go over the top...and like it.

It's the 1 Minute Roulette and the enemy know that we have what it takes to blow them off the battlefield. BUT! This is no time for subtle play, cute moves and tactical forward thinking.

Let's not beat about the bush, this is an all-in shovefest donkey derby and not for the faint-hearted.

Now...tactics.

Know your table. Upon sitting down, use the chatbox to ascertain who is on your team and who is the enemy.
    Give your fellow comrades an easy ride, destroy the enemy mercilessly.

The key objective is simply to win more money than them. By whatever means necessary.Even if it means taking a hit for the team.

If we level the scores tonight- it's down to next week's Deep Stack and a chance to complete the most remarkable comeback in poker history.

Your captain will be leading by example, by shoving his chips in indiscriminately at every opportunity. I wish you to do the same.

Tonight is our destiny. It is do or die. If we lose, the competition is over. If we win, we take it to the final leg.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Team Orford lasts for a thousand years, men and women will say, "This was their finest hour!"
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to This is our moment!:
    ...as Martine McCutcheon once sang. Fellow Orfordians of The First Realm, the time once more approaches to prove yourselves against the evil Tikayers. Tonight- 7pm- all those who signed up for Team Orford are expected to do their duty and take their places in the trenches like dutiful soldiers and wait for the Big Push. And when the whistle blows, we will go over the top...and like it. It's the 1 Minute Roulette and the enemy know that we have what it takes to blow them off the battlefield. BUT! This is no time for subtle play, cute moves and tactical forward thinking. Let's not beat about the bush, this is an all-in shovefest donkey derby and not for the faint-hearted. Now...tactics. Know your table. Upon sitting down, use the chatbox to ascertain who is on your team and who is the enemy. Give your fellow copmrades an easy ride, detsroy the enemy mercilessly. The key objective is simply to win more money than them. By whatever means necessary.Even if it means taking a hit for the team. If we level the scores tonight- it's down to next week's Deep Stack and a chance to complete the most remarkable comeback in poker history. Your captain will be leading by example, by shoving his chips in indicsriminately at every opportunity. I wish you to do the same. Tonight is our destiny. It is do or die. If we lose, the competition is over. If we win, we take it to the final leg. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Team Orford lasts for a thousand years, men and women will say, "This was their finest hour!"
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yes yes.... the men and women that managed to get home because THEY didn't forget they had a car..

Plus I'm pretty sure it'll take more than a thousand years and no uncertain amount of bush beating before ANYONE forgets THAT Sweater.

No doubt your captain will be leading by example and we'll all be saying:

Where is Rich?
    RICH??
    Where are Rich's chips?

We look forward to playing you Orfordites... and BEATING you.

xxx
  • edited December 2009
    A fine rousing speech skipper and im sure all the troops are ready to do battle against the evil tyranny that is tikayism. We wont let you down boss just a pity there isnt a omaha leg so we can beat them 4-2!!!!

working all day in hotel today boss so cant wind up the grinch today:(:(:( made sure my dinner break is from 7-8 though.

All hail Orford!! our very own caesar!!!
  • edited December 2009

Tonight- 7pm- all those who signed up for Team Orford are expected to do their duty and take their places in the trenches like dutiful soldiers and wait for the Big Push.
    The trenches are ready Boss and the holes have once again been dug for the disposal of the enemy as they fall by the wayside! (I like to keep things tidy!)

Great speech mon capitaine, let the madness begin!

THe greatest comeback of all time continues.....................

• edited December 2009
    Thanks for the tips on how to beat you .
    You have got the tactics all wrong for this event and you will be out before you know what has hit you.
    Long live Tikay.
  • FBSFBS
    edited December 2009
    Err ....

There may be a problem ......

I can play, as it's roulette we will still have time to win it before I dissappear off to my concert

BUT

Can't see the tourney eitherr in the lobby or on my tables

Has Team Tikay resulted to such underhand tactics that they even need to make sure that such lowly players as myself don't / can't turn up ?

• edited December 2009
    Fellow Orfordians, it is with great shame I say the following,  I will miss the start of this event therefore the event tonight due to work.

Apologies Lord

Ross
  • edited December 2009
    Great speech boss that we should all adhere to, some of us will fall by the wayside but the ultimate victory will be ours. May even put in a minimum raise myself.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: This is our moment!:
    Thanks for the tips on how to beat you . You have got the tactics all wrong for this event and you will be out before you know what has hit you. Long live Tikay.
    Posted by apollo_11

hasent the old gnome lived long inuf already???? us orfordians are only helping him out by crushing him and his team.....

ORFORDIAN MIGHT!!!
  • edited December 2009
    ...as Martine McCutcheon once sang. Fellow Orfordians of The First Realm, the time once more approaches to prove yourselves against the evil Tikayers. Tonight- 7pm- all those who signed up for Team Orford are expected to do their duty and take their places in the trenches like dutiful soldiers and wait for the Big Push. And when the whistle blows, we will go over the top...and like it. It's the 1 Minute Roulette and the enemy know that we have what it takes to blow them off the battlefield. BUT! This is no time for subtle play, cute moves and tactical forward thinking. Let's not beat about the bush, this is an all-in shovefest donkey derby and not for the faint-hearted. Now...tactics. Know your table. Upon sitting down, use the chatbox to ascertain who is on your team and who is the enemy. Give your fellow comrades an easy ride, destroy the enemy mercilessly. The key objective is simply to win more money than them. By whatever means necessary.Even if it means taking a hit for the team. If we level the scores tonight- it's down to next week's Deep Stack and a chance to complete the most remarkable comeback in poker history. Your captain will be leading by example, by shoving his chips in indiscriminately at every opportunity. I wish you to do the same. Tonight is our destiny. It is do or die. If we lose, the competition is over. If we win, we take it to the final leg. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Team Orford lasts for a thousand years, men and women will say, "This was their finest hour!"
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    AND YOU SAY WE ARE EVIL...ROFL
  • edited December 2009
    Rich - I may be abroad, but I'll STILL be playing!

(Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for Team Orford...)

• edited December 2009
    Rich - I may be abroad, but I'll STILL be playing! (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for Team Orford...)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    GOOD FOR TEAM TIKAY....LOL X
  • edited December 2009
    Rich - I may be abroad, but I'll STILL be playing! (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for Team Orford...)
    Posted by J-Hartigan

It depends on what time you are having your dinner!
  • edited December 2009
    ...as Martine McCutcheon once sang. Fellow Orfordians of The First Realm, the time once more approaches to prove yourselves against the evil Tikayers. Tonight- 7pm- all those who signed up for Team Orford are expected to do their duty and take their places in the trenches like dutiful soldiers and wait for the Big Push. And when the whistle blows, we will go over the top...and like it. It's the 1 Minute Roulette and the enemy know that we have what it takes to blow them off the battlefield. BUT! This is no time for subtle play, cute moves and tactical forward thinking. Let's not beat about the bush, this is an all-in shovefest donkey derby and not for the faint-hearted. Now...tactics. Know your table. Upon sitting down, use the chatbox to ascertain who is on your team and who is the enemy. Give your fellow comrades an easy ride, destroy the enemy mercilessly. The key objective is simply to win more money than them. By whatever means necessary.Even if it means taking a hit for the team. If we level the scores tonight- it's down to next week's Deep Stack and a chance to complete the most remarkable comeback in poker history. Your captain will be leading by example, by shoving his chips in indiscriminately at every opportunity. I wish you to do the same. Tonight is our destiny. It is do or die. If we lose, the competition is over. If we win, we take it to the final leg. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Team Orford lasts for a thousand years, men and women will say, "This was their finest hour!"
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    bring it on team orford your challenge ends tonite 3-1 to team tikay
  • edited December 2009
    shhhhhhh tikayers..... its nap time!
  • edited December 2009
    shhhhhhh tikayers..... its nap time!
    Posted by D3ADH4ND5
    no its time hail the champions TIKAY FOREVER
  • edited December 2009
    the dark lord will rule again, glad to see LML has now come out of hiding after last weeks thrashing!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: This is our moment! : no its time hail the champions TIKAY FOREVER
    Posted by DOREEN

nice to know you wont be taking your teams beat down to badly then :) thanks for calling us Orfordians the champs already :P

ORFORDIAN MIGHT!!!
  • edited December 2009

Another fantastic speech, just hope the tourny pops up soon, surely they cant have forgtten to add this

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: This is our moment! : nice to know you wont be taking your teams beat down to badly then :) thanks for calling us Orfordians the champs already :P ORFORDIAN MIGHT!!!
    Posted by D3ADH4ND5
    think u need 2 stop taking those pink and green pills there effecting ur jugdement.

As if beating u lot isnt easy enough.....lol
  • edited December 2009

Preston North end double winning team v Blackpool
    Brazil through the history v Wales world cup teams
    Tiger Woods v Jean vander velde
    Arkle v anything I back
    Team Orford v team TK
    Pele v Carlton Palmer 
    Ian Botham v Ed Giddins

Car crash matches you'd like to see

• edited December 2009
    Preston North end double winning team v Blackpool Brazil through the history v Wales world cup teams Tiger Woods v Jean vander velde Arkle v anything I back Team Orford v team TK Pele v Carlton Palmer  Ian Botham v Ed Giddins Car crash matches you'd like to see
    Posted by kalooki8
    Tiger woods vs a fire hydrant

• edited December 2009
    the dark lord will rule again, glad to see LML has now come out of hiding after last weeks thrashing!!!
    Posted by seaford2
    In HIDING?!!!! in HIDING??!!! I have been toiling relentessly in the name of Team TIKAY!!!

How very dare you..

And what do you have Orfordites have Seaford, eh?? EH??

Martine Mccutcheon? *shudder*  You truly have gone to the DARK side ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: This is our moment! : think u need 2 stop taking those pink and green pills there effecting ur jugdement. As if beating u lot isnt easy enough.....lol
    Posted by xFALLENx

PINK!!! ITS RED!!!! A VERY MANLY RED!!!!! ok its pink.... and would you rather me go back on the blue and yellow pills? thay found me running round after squilles proclaming thay were spying on me and thay sould all be blindfolded!!!! is this who you want to realise into this comunity?????? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    You're a broad?

Well, I had my suspicions James, but I have to say the operation looks like it was a great success!
  • edited December 2009
    LML rattled already and what in heaven's name is wrong with Martine McCutcheon - great film love actually!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Rich, ur the man for speeches!!

If i manage to last longer than it takes to load my table I'll try my best for u.

Goooooooooo Orfords!!

BOOOOOOOM
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Have you had permission from Mrs Hartigan, Jimbo to play this evening? lol!
  • edited December 2009
    Another fantastic speech, just hope the tourny pops up soon, surely they cant have forgtten to add this
    Posted by 35suited
    theres a roulette freeroll at 5.30 is that it?
  • edited December 2009
    Not adding the tournament is about the only way that the Orfordites can win, By default.