You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time to take a break

play really well in a sat

Frediefly3353441£2,000 B/Hunterjlgxxx13181637.552£2,000 B/Hunterdeclar1779003£2,000 B/HunterSQUIRREL3171132.184£2,000 B/Hunterharpouk1150992.205£2,000 B/HunterRED_COBRA121217.506£2,000 B/Hunterkyeschips100204.367£2,000 B/Hunterl8az71695.298£2,000 B/HunterShrimpy2847055.649£2,000 B/Hunter-ACERAG-12821.2810£2,000 B/Hunter

Then I miss every flop, connect with one.....and..............

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancejohnnymac7 Small blind  30.00 30.00 10137.50 Youngfrog Big blind  60.00 90.00 4582.50   Your hole cards K 10       Dazz89 Raise  120.00 210.00 1590.00 -ACERAG- Call  120.00 330.00 455.00 james08 Fold     RJD79 Fold     johnnymac7 Fold     Youngfrog Call  60.00 390.00 4522.50 Flop    7 4 K       Youngfrog Bet  195.00 585.00 4327.50 Dazz89 Call  195.00 780.00 1395.00 -ACERAG- All-in  455.00 1235.00 0.00 Youngfrog Call  260.00 1495.00 4067.50 Dazz89 Fold     Youngfrog Show 3 7    -ACERAG- Show K 10    Turn    3       River    7       Youngfrog Win Full House, 7s and 3s 1495.00

time to take a good break.............. have a break have a kit kat

Comments

• edited October 2013
    I think a break is much needed, if you're gonna peel K10o with less than 10 bigs.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Time to take a break:
    I think a break is much needed, if you're gonna peel K10o with less than 10 bigs.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Like...
  • edited October 2013
    Not sure if he's posting it for sympathy, or for someone to come on and say how unlucky he was. Simple fact of the matter, it's awful. For starters, unless we've just lost a huge pot to crip-ple us, we should not be down to 575 chips at 30/60. 

As for the hand, it's about as simple a jam as it gets (or fold, considering table position). To call the raise, flop a K and then moan when you get outdrawn is ridiculous. You think the BB calls with 7 high if you ship it in pre? Probably not, and even if he does then it's his mistake.

As played, it's your mistake.
  • edited October 2013
    I had some bad luck 1.658.761 times!---- and only moaned 9 times-- I think you need to check out your loss to moan ratio--(LMR)
  • edited October 2013
    Not sure if he's posting it for sympathy, or for someone to come on and say how unlucky he was. Simple fact of the matter, it's awful. For starters, unless we've just lost a huge pot to crip-ple us, we should not be down to 575 chips at 30/60.  As for the hand, it's about as simple a jam as it gets (or fold, considering table position). To call the raise, flop a K and then moan when you get outdrawn is ridiculous. You think the BB calls with 7 high if you ship it in pre? Probably not, and even if he does then it's his mistake. As played, it's your mistake.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Correct me if I’m wrong but this is a forum called Brags, Beats and Variance…No ? So this I think is classed as a beat. No sympathy required.As for the standard I was down to the less than 10 big blinds, correct the standard rule is less than 10 BB ship it, you are showing you are a ABC standard player. Poker is about the situation ???Before you start with the BS you must be a bad player, the top section of this proves not. I qualified for the £11 pound bounty hunter via a free roll, which itself demonstrates I can play, coming in the top 10 of a field of 300 quality player……………. Cough.Back to the situation, down to less than 10 BB in a £11 bounty hunter, thinking the standard would be ok, WRONG, people playing n 8 2 (see below)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDEVIANTSD Small blind  15.00 15.00 1765.00 mcab Big blind  30.00 45.00 1710.00   Your hole cards J 3       -ACERAG- Fold     Siscole Fold     tinytellah Call  30.00 75.00 2490.00 Taximan1 Fold     DEVIANTSD Raise  75.00 150.00 1690.00 mcab Fold     tinytellah Call  60.00 210.00 2430.00 Flop    5 Q 7       DEVIANTSD Bet  105.00 315.00 1585.00 tinytellah Call  105.00 420.00 2325.00 Turn    7       DEVIANTSD Check     tinytellah Check     River    2       DEVIANTSD Bet  210.00 630.00 1375.00 tinytellah Call  210.00 840.00 2115.00 DEVIANTSD Show K 8    tinytellah Show 2 8    tinytellah Win Two Pairs, 7s and 2s 840.00
    So, I have K 10, here’s my thinking.Option 1 (STANDARD PLAY) ship it and get called by every man and his dog as I’m so short staked and it’s a bounty hunter + the whole table was playing any 2. Chances of winning: SLIMOption 2. (MY PLAY) see a flop hit a king or 10 (HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!)Chances of winning: Higher than option 1  Ps getting a “LIKE” from a muppet, who thinks he’s on facebook (AKA DAVEYZZZZZZZZZZ) does not make you have a valid comment.  Any way, where's my kit kat gone ?   
  • edited October 2013
    Sigh...who is this guy?..you offer a bit of constructive criticism.....
  • edited October 2013
    I think my Grandma could qualify in a Sky sat, and she's in an old folks home. This isn't a beat in the slightest, not even close. 

You say the table is playing any 2. So thats a perfect chance to ship it with an above average hand like K10 and look for not just a double up but maybe a triple or quad up.

I cannot begin to tell you how poor 'option 2' is. What happens when the flop comes A 7 4? or 2 2 9? You've put in 20% of your stack, and you're just gonna have to fold.

I can see a little bit of my old self in you, which is probably why I try to help even when you really don't deserve it. I used to blame anyone and anything other than myself, and I was a losing player on Sky. But I've worked at my own game this year, question every decision I make (see my thread in the clinic when I had 2nd nuts in the Roller on Sunday and busted, yet was still asking if I could get away from it, alot of people would just say ''standard exit'' but I wasn't sure and wanted other opinion) and my game has improved no end. If you want to think I'm a ''bad player'', then fair enough, but I'm pretty happy with my game these days. A certain website will show just how ''bad'' I am, but you can take or leave my advice, it's your call.

Good luck.
  • edited October 2013
    I think my Grandma could qualify in a Sky sat, and she's in an old folks home. This isn't a beat in the slightest, not even close.  You say the table is playing any 2. So thats a perfect chance to ship it with an above average hand like K10 and look for not just a double up but maybe a triple or quad up. I cannot begin to tell you how poor 'option 2' is. What happens when the flop comes A 7 4? or 2 2 9? You've put in 20% of your stack, and you're just gonna have to fold. I can see a little bit of my old self in you, which is probably why I try to help even when you really don't deserve it. I used to blame anyone and anything other than myself, and I was a losing player on Sky. But I've worked at my own game this year, question every decision I make (see my thread in the clinic when I had 2nd nuts in the Roller on Sunday and busted, yet was still asking if I could get away from it, alot of people would just say ''standard exit'' but I wasn't sure and wanted other opinion) and my game has improved no end. If you want to think I'm a ''bad player'', then fair enough, but I'm pretty happy with my game these days. A certain website will show just how ''bad'' I am, but you can take or leave my advice, it's your call. Good luck.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    TMI
  • edited October 2013
    Real mature Splashies ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Sigh...who is this guy?..you offer a bit of constructive criticism.....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    DAVEYZZ you starting to lose your way in the world already, must be your age........SAD
  • edited October 2013
    I think my Grandma could qualify in a Sky sat, and she's in an old folks home. This isn't a beat in the slightest, not even close.  You say the table is playing any 2. So thats a perfect chance to ship it with an above average hand like K10 and look for not just a double up but maybe a triple or quad up. I cannot begin to tell you how poor 'option 2' is. What happens when the flop comes A 7 4? or 2 2 9? You've put in 20% of your stack, and you're just gonna have to fold. I can see a little bit of my old self in you, which is probably why I try to help even when you really don't deserve it. I used to blame anyone and anything other than myself, and I was a losing player on Sky. But I've worked at my own game this year, question every decision I make (see my thread in the clinic when I had 2nd nuts in the Roller on Sunday and busted, yet was still asking if I could get away from it, alot of people would just say ''standard exit'' but I wasn't sure and wanted other opinion) and my game has improved no end. If you want to think I'm a ''bad player'', then fair enough, but I'm pretty happy with my game these days. A certain website will show just how ''bad'' I am, but you can take or leave my advice, it's your call. Good luck.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

So your Grandma called Phil Ivey I guess ?

You make some good points…..ish

This post was put on in shear frustration of months of bad beat after bad beat, getting it in so good only to be out drawn. The main point I was making was, I have had enough (for the time been) of online poker and need to take a break, starting to hate a game I normally enjoy. Grinding the micro stakes is not for me, I admit, probably due to the micro stakes mentality I may have I may have been making poor decisions (like the one now where I should be working and not posting on here) but going forward game selection is one area I will have to look at more. A good break will hopefully do me some good and give me a better focus on return. I may now have to read Super System that been sat on my bookshelf for years.

Run good all and may all your good hands hold up.

• edited October 2013

Ps not bad graph on sharkScope hhyftrftdr