You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

Due to the Champions League matches coming up in the next couple of days the following tournament guarantees have been temporarily reduced. This is not a perminant change, the following tournaments will have their guarantee returned on Thursday.

Cheers.

Tournament Changes: 

·         £750 B/Hunter at 18.45pm to £500

·         £1,000 Deep Stack at 7.30pm to £750

·         £1,000 B/Hunter at 8.15pm to £750

·         £750 B/Hunter at 10.15pm to £500

·         £1,000 Speed Rebuy at 10.00pm to £750

·         £750 B/Hunter at 10.40pm to £500

·         £750 B/Hunter at 11.00pm to £500

·         £1,500 Speed B/H at 10.30pm to £1,000

Comments

• edited October 2013
    So is there a direct correlation between champions league matches and entries?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League:
    So is there a direct correlation between champions league matches and entries?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Very much so Mr Phantom.

To a lesser of greater degree, any major sporting event which is televised live affects traffic on Gaming Sites generally. This is especially so with Football, & particularly Champions League games. Of course, for balance, I should add that on CL (& similar) nights, it has the opposite effect on their Traffic, which goes through the roof. Quite a neat Business Model, really. ;) 

By the bye, was good to share a few PLO8 DYM Tables with you last night, don't recall seeing you too often in those games. Hope you made a few bob. I did. Not. ;) 

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League : Very much so Mr Phantom. To a lesser of greater degree, any major sporting event which is televised live affects traffic on Gaming Sites generally. This is especially so with Football, & particularly Champions League games.   By the bye, was good to share a few PLO8 DYM Tables with you last night, don't recall seeing you too often in those games. Hope you made a few bob. I did. Not. ;)   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you sir.

Crashed out of the £10 game with a very bad call with only 2nd nut low and not much going for me on the high.

Cashed in the £5 I noticed you were respecting my pf raises. You obviously knew I had a fantastic understanding of pf ranges! Think you bubbled that one?

Enjoying the challenge of adjusting to a different game.

Played 5 Omaha DYMs (edit:since your advice on forum), won 4 lost one, unfortunately the wrong one! so I am down £0.30.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League : Very much so Mr Phantom. To a lesser of greater degree, any major sporting event which is televised live affects traffic on Gaming Sites generally. This is especially so with Football, & particularly Champions League games.   By the bye, was good to share a few PLO8 DYM Tables with you last night, don't recall seeing you too often in those games. Hope you made a few bob. I did. Not. ;)   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am ashamed to admit, I have two tickets for tonight tikay and will be sitting at home playing on SP and watching it on the box. First round matches at the emirates are usually drab games and due to the structure of the draw its only in the knockout phase that things get interesting !
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League : Thank you sir. Crashed out of the £10 game with a very bad call with only 2nd nut low and not much going for me on the high. Cashed in the £5 I noticed you were respecting my pf raises. You obviously knew I had a fantastic understanding of pf ranges! Think you bubbled that one? Enjoying the challenge of adjusting to a different game. Played 5 Omaha DYMs won 4 lost one, unfortunately the wrong one! so I am down £0.30.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Great to see someone who, after an exit, is prepared to say "I made a bad play". Generally, when we look back on a Tourney or DYM we have lost & are honest with ourselves, we can see the errors we made. We still make them, too.....

Respecting your PF Raises? Of course! In PLO8, I play very few hands compared to most, & I need a VERY specific hand to call a Raise, unless it is in Level 1 or 2. By Level 5, I give myself two options only - FOLD, or POT. I want NUT DRAW hands only, if possible.

I watched you play for 10 minutes, & immediately knew you were a competent & winning player, so I needed to tread warily.

Which did not help me much last night - after clawing back £50 of "NLH Cash Game" Losses by playing DYM's, I was level for the month of September when I sat down to play last night. I dare not look how much I lost in the session - probably £25 or £30. 

Today, recovery mission (# 527) commences.   

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tournament Guarantee Changes Due to Champions League : I am ashamed to admit, I have two tickets for tonight tikay and will be sitting at home playing on SP and watching it on the box. First round matches at the emirates are usually drab games and due to the structure of the draw its only in the knockout phase that things get interesting !
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Nah, much more comfy at home, AND you can play some poker.

Napoli will be a very stiff test for Team Wenger, but fingers crossed.

By chance, I had a small wager, 3 months ago, on Napoli to win the CL @ 66/1. I also have them each way to win Serie A.

And not forgetting I have Arsenal to finish Top Three in the Premier League.....

A fool & his money, eh? 

• edited October 2013
    Betting diary from Mr Tikay?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi guys,

The tournament guarantees mentioned above have returned to their original status, aside from the   £750 Speed Rebuy at 10.00pm which will stay at £750 for the time being. We are closely monitoring this tournament and do hope to increase the guarantee in the future.

Cheers.