You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 buys ins at microstakes too nitty??

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all I have a starting roll on another site of 160 dollars, i figure Im going to grind the smaller mtts(sitangoes as they are know over there) the 45 runners, 90 runners, and 180 runners maybe 5 or 6 tableing, I have come to the conclusion that I have 45 buys in for the $3.30 level if I have worked it out right. Does any1 think this is too nitty ????

Comments

• edited October 2013
    well yea u have 48 buys at that level but if this is £100 u get a day on a diff $$ site (so $160) are u intending to play 50 SnG's a day?? 

dont worry about BRM when they re-load u everyday - play higher and less volume .!!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to 50 buys ins at microstakes too nitty??:
    Hi all I have a starting roll on another site of 160 dollars, i figure Im going to grind the smaller mtts(sitangoes as they are know over there) the 45 runners, 90 runners, and 180 runners maybe 5 or 6 tableing, I have come to the conclusion that I have 45 buys in for the $3.30 level if I have worked it out right. Does any1 think this is too nitty ????
    Posted by K8LOU
    No, seems fine.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 50 buys ins at microstakes too nitty??:
    well yea u have 48 buys at that level but if this is £100 u get a day on a diff $$ site (so $160) are u intending to play 50 SnG's a day??  dont worry about BRM when they re-load u everyday - play higher and less volume .!!
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Yeh they are going to reload me but I want to get tons of volume in ! If i loose the initial £100 they have said they wont reload the same day ! hence me playing really low ! Ino this is a safe bet but Im pretty confident of destroying this level ! Ino The standard is a million times better over there as a pose to sky but I dont think moving up from this level will be a problem, maybe when I go abit higher and start playing the bigger tourneys with the 2 to 3k fields thats when the problem may kick in ! I havent really thought about how many im going to play a day tbh I have an agreement were I have to play a minimum of 50 a week but I would like to be playing 50 a day 5 or 6 days a week if I dont burn out
  • edited October 2013
    30 * a day even
  • edited October 2013
    Well like Lnarinoo said... if you're going to play 30 a day, then even if you bust 30 out of 30 without a cash, that's only $100 which leaves $60 over, and then you get reloaded the next day, so if you played 30 x $3 per day it's impossible for you to ever go bust while they keep reloading you.
  • edited October 2013
    Well like Lnarinoo said... if you're going to play 30 a day, then even if you bust 30 out of 30 without a cash, that's only $100 which leaves $60 over, and then you get reloaded the next day, so if you played 30 x $3 per day it's impossible for you to ever go bust while they keep reloading you.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeh but there is a thing called "makeup" so if I have a loosing session and I am £100 down from the previous session I am in make up which means I have to make this £100 pound back up before I actually see any profit, I have something in my contract which I have just been looking at which says I get 10 increasements of £100 so thats £1000 then I think thats when my trial ends and I find out if i stay with them or move on... just received an email this second saying I am going to be getting $150 dollars a day off them and my mentor has just mentioned he wants me to put in alot of volume in these 180 90 45 seater sit an gos as they call them, also he wants me to fit a few of thebigger mtts into my sessions up to $11 dollars with the really big fields as there is a chance of a monstrous score !!! Anyways cheers for the input all appreciated.

• edited October 2013

hi k8lou

you are not my most favourite player on the site and i did think whether i shouldn't post but i do not want you to fail and be saddled with a debt.  you now mention "make up" which is troubling. 

look at the two extremes; you win every day and you lose every day. 

if you win every day you will pay over half your winnings, which is a great shame for you.

if you lose every day, are you committed to pay them back when the month ends?  what happens if you want to get out of the agreement?

the real life situation is they will take half your winnings on successful days and will offset their losses against your winnings on bad days.  construct a simple spreadsheet for one month to model what will happen; lose £50 day one, win £50 day two and repeat every two days.  will they take £25 every second day?

i fear for you and this arrangement.  be careful man.

regards

• edited October 2013
    Does the make up become your debt ?

This is where you need to read through the contract and ensure you are not saddled with a debt not only making good the make up or having to pay back a % to get out of the contract.

tread carefully

if they will roll you upto £1k and dump you if you show no profits then you need to configure your schedule for a £1k roll across the time period.

• edited October 2013
    Dont get why you don't just fund yourself? You have 6.5k profit on sharkscope where's that? 
  • edited October 2013
    Dont get why you don't just fund yourself? You have 6.5k profit on sharkscope where's that? 
    Posted by BigHawk89
    The main reason is money issues mate, 99.9 percent of my winnings get withdrew, I do work but I am not in a position to say right iv just binked the main I am going to leave over 1k in my account, I am constantly building up from a 10 or 20 quid deposit so it becomes really frustrating ! I am not going to be doing any withdrawing with these guys this is solely to try and build a huge roll.
  • edited October 2013
    Does the make up become your debt ? This is where you need to read through the contract and ensure you are not saddled with a debt not only making good the make up or having to pay back a % to get out of the contract. tread carefully if they will roll you upto £1k and dump you if you show no profits then you need to configure your schedule for a £1k roll across the time period.
    Posted by rancid

No mate it wont become debt, Ino I plan on looking at my schedule today, Im looking at 6 tabeling micro stakes with 1 or 2 of the bigger mtts thrown in.

• edited October 2013
    Are there any circumstances upon which you have to make any payments/owe them anything?

Also, is it all treated as day-to-day? If your profit is £800 for day 1, do they withdraw this and split funds or can you not keep it in your roll? If you can do this, will they still be adding £100 a day to play with?
  • edited October 2013
    Are there any circumstances upon which you have to make any payments/owe them anything? Also, is it all treated as day-to-day? If your profit is £800 for day 1, do they withdraw this and split funds or can you not keep it in your roll? If you can do this, will they still be adding £100 a day to play with?
    Posted by RyanC7
    No mate I wont be making any payments at all, at the end of each session I send over all my profits they take there cut and then give it back to me a couple of days later, yes they will be depositing if I have a good day or bad that £100 goes into my account no matter what
  • edited October 2013
    How do they deposit into your account ?
    Surely you don't give them access.

How do they keep track of your winings/loses - sharkscope ?

• edited October 2013
    How do they deposit into your account ? Surely you don't give them access. How do they keep track of your winings/loses - sharkscope ?
    Posted by rancid
    Through netteller I think, its like a paypal account type of thing, they wnt go near my acount or near my banking. Yeh mate they track you on sharkscope but you get sessions monitord, also I have to fill in a daily report card this is sending over my progress of  profit loss ect, another thing I have to do is send them all my hand histories from the session.
  • edited October 2013

What happens if you want to end it? Are you committed to a certain amount of time?

Also is it risk free for you? Can they ever demand money back from you?

• edited October 2013
    What happens if you want to end it? Are you committed to a certain amount of time? Also is it risk free for you? Can they ever demand money back from you?
    Posted by LARSON7

I think you have to give them a notice period of when you want to stop playing, No they can never ask for money back off you unless you take the money they are giving you out of the account.
  • edited October 2013
    Interesting....

What happens, if say you win £1k in a day, & think balls to this im not giving you £600 & decide to do a runner ?? Do they have contact details/address so they can send the heavies round lol...

Nice thread btw, though struggling too understand why anyone would do this.

GL Goody
  • edited October 2013

if your a winning player  ,you would be better playing of your own roll
    start of on  small buy ins till u run up some profit
    no poker buddies to stake u a couple hundred?

edges are too small these days  to be paying rake and a daily cut off your profits away to someone else

do you have paypal  ? are we allowed staking threads on this site?
    i would stake u if we come to some arrangement  none of this money in and out nonsense  no  max games to be played  no make up just a percent of profits after a set time and my stake back if it worked  need to be some rules tho !!
    dont wanna break forum rules is this ok to talk about on the forum?

have u allready signed this contract?
  • edited October 2013
    He can still play with his own money on Sky. This just allows him to play bigger games/hopefully get a nice score/build a roll on another site so he can play the games himself. I assume eventually, once he has made X amount of profit and no longer needs their investment, he will leave. At this point they might offer him 500 a day and more and more. Defo worth a go - can always leave after a couple of months if it all goes pete tong.
  • edited October 2013
    This site actually seems like a good staking site.

They would be fools to just give out money to anyone and not track their horses and also make the horse accountable for their own success/failure.

Trial period is great is you run good :)

espcially with MTT's being a pig for varaince it does make sense if you don't have a roll or just a limited roll

£100 per 24hrs seems like a good deal to me - with a 1k max payout for trail your only looking 10 days of busto's for no more staking.

Where they have certain stipulations of playing certain levels and certain volume, this is where you got to be carefull. If you break this and it's in the contract you may have to payback the money.

I never trust anyone but hey..... gotta protect yourself

• edited October 2013
    Interesting.... What happens, if say you win £1k in a day, & think balls to this im not giving you £600 & decide to do a runner ?? Do they have contact details/address so they can send the heavies round lol... Nice thread btw, though struggling too understand why anyone would do this. GL Goody
    Posted by goodylad21

Haha yeh they do mate, I think if you were to do 1 you would end up in court ha.

• edited October 2013
    if your a winning player  ,you would be better playing of your own roll start of on  small buy ins till u run up some profit no poker buddies to stake u a couple hundred? edges are too small these days  to be paying rake and a daily cut off your profits away to someone else do you have paypal  ? are we allowed staking threads on this site? i would stake u if we come to some arrangement  none of this money in and out nonsense  no  max games to be played  no make up just a percent of profits after a set time and my stake back if it worked  need to be some rules tho !! dont wanna break forum rules is this ok to talk about on the forum? have u allready signed this contract?
    Posted by weedgi

Cheers for the offer mate but 1 of the main reasons I want to get involved in this is to become a better player! They offer all kinds of coaching sessions with top pros, I get my game monitored constantly, plus all kinds of other benefits and incentives, so hopefully this will also help me plug some of my massive leaks !!! (I have ALOT!!!!!!!!!!) Im sure I could build up a role myself but when you have this missus down your ear every day saying you need to withdraw you end up just giving in, She will never understand the term building a role, with stake I can hopefully build a massive roll without withdrawing, I do work  and I will still be playing on this site(my own money of course) so I will still hopefully be withdrawing a few quid to keep me going. I actually want all these rules and stipulations because at the end of the day its only going to benefit me over time, I have alot of issues with disipline regarding bankrole management and now I have to be more disiplined or il get spewed so its helping me a;ready really,I have alsoset myself a schedule this is something that I would never even of thought about doing, Anyways cheers for the offer and advice mate 

• edited October 2013
    what user name will u be using so the community can folllow ur success
  • edited October 2013
    Hey bud, my 2p worth.

Too nitty? Yes imo.

I've read all of the comments and for me if you do crush at the micro levels then you are just giving your profit away and if you think about it, it will actually take you longer to build a roll, as they taking 40% of it.

If I was using their cash I would play higher limits and games I wouldn't normally play, yes this has a greater variance potentially (better players?) but this would be profit that without their staking I wouldn't play and there
    is zero risk if you lose. gl, let me have ur name either on here or pm me and I'll come and rail when I can.

Adrian
  • edited October 2013
    Hey bud, my 2p worth. Too nitty? Yes imo. I've read all of the comments and for me if you do crush at the micro levels then you are just giving your profit away and if you think about it, it will actually take you longer to build a roll, as they taking 40% of it. If I was using their cash I would play higher limits and games I wouldn't normally play, yes this has a greater variance potentially (better players?) but this would be profit that without their staking I wouldn't play and there is zero risk if you lose. gl, let me have ur name either on here or pm me and I'll come and rail when I can. Adrian
    Posted by skicowboys

Yeh I have finally come to that conclusion myself mate, I figure Im going to absolutly murder the sats.... my user name is addo140, cant say to much as I had an email of sky because they think I was promoting another site. Should be starting to so I am really excited about starting. Cheers for all your helpful advice and support all...........