You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night?

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
As. The title says and with a 3k starting stack and either 10-12 min lvls?

Im sure this would be quite popular What do you guys think?

Currently you have a £200 Gtd £5.50 which always meets the Gtd and a £250 Gtd £11 which also hits it's numbers.  Having a larger Guarantee and an in between buy-in would find mutal ground as climbing from £5.50 to £11 is probably a bit steep for some.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Bit of a strange buy in amount, but I would play it if it was at the right time.
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah, much prefer regular freezeouts. No bounty. No re-entry. No rebuys or add ons. Slightly larger stack (but not deep). Medium length blinds.

Good call TripleAAA!

:)
  • edited October 2013
    With this buy-in amount it would only need 50 runners and with let's say a starting time somewhere been 8-9pm I really do think it would hit the numbers.

Currently the only freezeouts running daily are:

£100 Gtd £5.50
    £200 Gtd £5.50
    £250 Gtd £11
    £750 Gtd £22

It's a bit of a jump going from £5.50 to £22 and the one which is £11 starts at 00:00. Which is quite late for most people during the week.  I just feel that a buy-in of ~£8.80 at peak hour would easily hit the 50+ mark and would provide the community with a decent and affordable tournament rather than the bingo hunters.

the mini primo is a huge success so it does go to show that with a decent guarantee at an affordable price it would be popular.
  • edited October 2013
    I'd play this. 7 minute levels would be perfect.
  • edited October 2013
    I have to second this idea ! I dont think this tourney would ever have a problem hittting its garantee if it ran at the right times !!! 
    Ino knowone wants to talk about rebuys but I think it would be a great idea to move the 200 rebuy at 5pm to around 8 or 9pm, slap a 1k garantee on it, possibly higher the buy in up 2 11 and  I think this would become a must for the majority of the regs on the site !!!
  • edited October 2013
    Any feedback from the skyteam regarding this idea?
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    It would be nice if someone from the sky team could give feedback whether or not something like this would be possible or not. 3k starting stack, 10 min lvls, ~50ish runners would take around 4hrs or so to complete. The £22 double stack has reached its targetand looks to be an excellent tournament for those who can afford it but what decent Freezeout is there for someone who cannot afford that but wants to play something higher than £5?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night?:
    It would be nice if someone from the sky team could give feedback whether or not something like this would be possible or not. 3k starting stack, 10 min lvls, ~50ish runners would take around 4hrs or so to complete. The £22 double stack has reached its targetand looks to be an excellent tournament for those who can afford it but what decent Freezeout is there for someone who cannot afford that but wants to play something higher than £5?
    Posted by DoubleAAA[/Q  Seems like a good idea and reasonable buy-in good prize money at top end..i'm sure this would appeal to us lower stakes players i'll guarantee to be in the 1st ten tourneys :)
  • edited October 2013
    I think this would be an excellent addition! Reasonable buyin and decent prizepool.
  • edited October 2013
    Seems as though it has some interest.  Skyteam, is anything like this possible?
  • edited October 2013
    Seems as though it has some interest.  Skyteam, is anything like this possible?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Hi DoubleAAA,

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea and definitely has potential for a slot in the schedule.

It's a huge week for tournaments on Sky Poker next week, with UKOPs satellites starting (more of this to come on Monday) and double main event guarantees all week.

We'll let you know when we decide on this, but realistically i don't see anything moving until late next week at the earliest.

Keep your ideas coming everyone we really do appreciate them

We are adding a £2,000 Gtd Rebuy tournament (£11) to the schedule tonight at 9pm, it will also run tomorrow and be reviewed on Monday.

More details to follow on this

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night? : Hi DoubleAAA, Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea and definitely has potential for a slot in the schedule. It's a huge week for tournaments on Sky Poker next week, with UKOPs satellites starting (more of this to come on Monday) and double main event guarantees all week. We'll let you know when we decide on this, but realistically i don't see anything moving until late next week at the earliest. Keep your ideas coming everyone we really do appreciate them We are adding a £2,000 Gtd Rebuy tournament (£11) to the schedule tonight at 9pm, it will also run tomorrow and be reviewed on Monday. More details to follow on this Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Thank you Adam for replying. Hopefully you guys can get it up and running late next week, perhaps start it with a reduced guarantee say £350 Gtd but a starting stack of 3k and 10 min levels would be awesome. Just use the same structure you already have in place for the £200 Gtd as it's very good but with an extra 1k in chips.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night? : Hi DoubleAAA, Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea and definitely has potential for a slot in the schedule. It's a huge week for tournaments on Sky Poker next week, with UKOPs satellites starting (more of this to come on Monday) and double main event guarantees all week. We'll let you know when we decide on this, but realistically i don't see anything moving until late next week at the earliest. Keep your ideas coming everyone we really do appreciate them We are adding a £2,000 Gtd Rebuy tournament (£11) to the schedule tonight at 9pm, it will also run tomorrow and be reviewed on Monday. More details to follow on this Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Any latest news on this Adam?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi DoubleAAA,

Yes we did add a freezeout tournament with this structure on Wednesday night at around 8pm with a £5.50 buy in, i believe it was mentioned on the forum, although not on this thread directly. It didnt perform very well (35 runners @ £5.50 with a £250 guarantee)

I'm happy to run something more akin to the structure you proposed this evening to see how it goes though

It's in the lobby now

8.40pm
    £400 Guaranteed Freezeout
    £8.80
    3000 chips, 10 minute blinds
    Late Reg for 30 mins

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited October 2013
    GL like the structure and the format.

Unfortunately I'm trying to grind up from a small bankroll playing £1 STTs so I will stay disciplined and not join in this time.

Hope it is a regular fixture.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi DoubleAAA, Yes we did add a freezeout tournament with this structure on Wednesday night at around 8pm with a £5.50 buy in, i believe it was mentioned on the forum, although not on this thread directly. It didnt perform very well (35 runners @ £5.50 with a £250 guarantee) I'm happy to run something more akin to the structure you proposed this evening to see how it goes though It's in the lobby now 8.40pm £400 Guaranteed Freezeout £8.80 3000 chips, 10 minute blinds Late Reg for 30 mins Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Excellent news Adam!  People just need to know it exists.  If you can make it show up in the 'Low' Section it will definately hit it's target as people who play a max of £5 will not click the 'Mid' stakes but I am sure most will spend the extra 3 quid if they can see it.

Big thank you!
  • edited October 2013
    Right, I've registered. TripleAAA, stick your name down! :D
  • edited October 2013
    would play but out :-(
  • edited October 2013
    Right, I've registered. TripleAAA, stick your name down! :D
    Posted by Slipwater
    Will do closer to the time :)

Any way you guys at sky can get this tourney showing in the 'Low' Stakes section? Those with lower bankrolls will not click the mid stakes as the cheapest they expect to see will be £11.
  • edited October 2013
    I'm not sure, man. I think a lot of players have it set to ALL, even if they only ever play microstakes.
  • edited October 2013
    Just wont work.

Already too many tournaments, and not enough players to fill them.
  • edited October 2013
    Just wont work. Already too many tournaments, and not enough players to fill them.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do you think they should remove some tournaments? Thing is, the £200 Gtd £5.50 always meets its Guarantee each day so I cant see why this wouldn't as it's not too much of an increase.  It just needs to be visible in the 'Low Stakes' section.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night? : Do you think they should remove some tournaments? Thing is, the £200 Gtd £5.50 always meets its Guarantee each day so I cant see why this wouldn't as it's not too much of an increase.  It just needs to be visible in the 'Low Stakes' section.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    The £5.50, £200 gtd 'multi table tournament' only needs 40 players.

I'd suggest that the site needs fewer of these MTTs that require less than 50 runners, and more 'bigger' ones.

I wouldn't get rid of all of the smaller ones, a selected few @ different stakes r fine, but it's just massive overload at the minute.

I'd like to see £1, £500 gtd stuff. And more £10, £2k gtd stuff.

If people want a 'quick game', hit the sng tab, or play a turbo with the above ratio of runners/gntee.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: How about a £8.80 £400 Gtd Freezeout each night? : The £5.50, £200 gtd 'multi table tournament' only needs 40 players. I'd suggest that the site needs fewer of these MTTs that require less than 50 runners, and more 'bigger' ones. I wouldn't get rid of all of the smaller ones, a selected few @ different stakes r fine, but it's just massive overload at the minute. I'd like to see £1, £500 gtd stuff. And more £10, £2k gtd stuff. If people want a 'quick game', hit the sng tab, or play a turbo with the above ratio of runners/gntee.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So perhaps making this a £300 Gtd should do the trick.  Let's see how it goes tonight but I feel that if it were made visible in the low stakes section it would hit very close to 50.
  • edited October 2013
    47 runners! Not bad considering that it was not visible to the low stakes section.
  • edited October 2013
    it was a good game tonight, more please.
  • edited October 2013
    ''Any way you guys at sky can get this tourney showing in the 'Low' Stakes section?''

''It just needs to be visible in the 'Low Stakes' section''.

''I feel that if it were made visible in the low stakes section it would hit very close to 50''.

''Not bad considering that it was not visible to the low stakes section''.

Just to clarify, what section do you want the next one to be in?

I don't know anyone who has anything other than ALL selected for MTT's, so it will have no bearing on number of runners I feel.
  • edited October 2013
    ''Any way you guys at sky can get this tourney showing in the 'Low' Stakes section?'' ''It just needs to be visible in the 'Low Stakes' section''. ''I feel that if it were made visible in the low stakes section it would hit very close to 50''. ''Not bad considering that it was not visible to the low stakes section''. Just to clarify, what section do you want the next one to be in? I don't know anyone who has anything other than ALL selected for MTT's, so it will have no bearing on number of runners I feel.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Quite a lot of people will use the filter system so that their lobby is only showing the tournaments that they can afford to play.  What's the point in having all tournaments shown when you cannot afford to play half of them?