You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats 10 sky poker points worth?

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
A while back I had to withdraw my BR to pay some bills and I left myself 50 quid to play with, I ran it up to over a 100 straight away because I didnt drop my buy in levels :-)

Then in one weekend I blew the lot, because I didnt drop my buy in levels and bad beats caught me up! :-(

I was furious with myself and realised I needed to learn a from this!

So I didnt reload. I set myself the target of building a bank roll here with poker points and freerolls. And put a tenner on another site which already had OMAHA up and running so I could learn to play it having read up on it, AND to practice  managing a bank roll. (I play 1/2ccash and $2 sng's and have £60 quid after a month)

Mean while - I had some cashes in SKY freerolls but never got a roll, going until now.

I paid 10 poker points to enter the 5pm Omaha freeroll yesterday and won through to the 8pm BH where I cashed and scalped a few!  I then started on the micro omaha cash, 17 quid yesterday night and 24 more today followed by a Omaha MTT win.

10 poker points have turned into £137.57 in 21hrs! :-)

Cheers for the opportunity SKY!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Congratulations Rattious - I've wanted to write article on similar subject so I'll post on here instead if you don't mind? After building up decent bankroll in the last six months, I started to become somewhat disillusioned and fed up with poker - I'd lost the enjoyment factor and started playing higher and higher stakes to get the same buzz, at times staying up into the early hours just trying to get back some of the days losses! Although I managed to keep my bankroll intact (despite resembling Orford's bankroll management earlier in the year) I was playing horrible poker (playing any two hoping for miracle flops, chasing gut shots, even chasing flushes with just one of my needed suit on the flop) so about three weeks ago, I withdrew my bankroll and decided to chill out and re-focus on why I was playing poker in the first place! 

I've amassed thousands of points on Sky so decided it's time to use some up on freerolls which can give me the daily fix my competitive nature dictates. It's been a grind to start with but during last weeks £100 freeroll, I cashed (£6) in 4th place and the buzz was amazing - I'd got over two hours entertainment and although it's tiny in comparison to some of my cash table exploits, I couldn't take the smile of my face. Over the next few days, I continued to play the freerolls and on Friday, I entered the 100 point Primo Freeroll, finishing 14th to get seat into the event on Sunday. After playing some of my best poker in months (and little luck along the way) I cashed in 30th for £105 - although the money is always welcome, it wasn't the important factor in my enjoyment of the game so after months of just playing for the sake of it, I'd finally got my mojo back and it's great! 

Yesterday, like yourself, I entered the Omaha freerolls and bubbled in both the 3pm and 5pm tournaments - although I missed out on the Bounty Hunter, I loved every minute so to touch upon your original post, I've now played only freerolls for 15 days and turned 350 points into £126!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Whats 10 sky poker points worth?:
    Congratulations Rattious - I've wanted to write article on similar subject so I'll post on here instead if you don't mind? After building up decent bankroll in the last six months, I started to become somewhat disillusioned and fed up with poker - I'd lost the enjoyment factor and started playing higher and higher stakes to get the same buzz, at times staying up into the early hours just trying to get back some of the days losses! Although I managed to keep my bankroll intact (despite resembling Orford's bankroll management earlier in the year) I was playing horrible poker (playing any two hoping for miracle flops, chasing gut shots, even chasing flushes with just one of my needed suit on the flop) so about three weeks ago, I withdrew my bankroll and decided to chill out and re-focus on why I was playing poker in the first place!  I've amassed thousands of points on Sky so decided it's time to use some up on freerolls which can give me the daily fix my competitive nature dictates. It's been a grind to start with but during last weeks £100 freeroll, I cashed (£6) in 4th place and the buzz was amazing - I'd got over two hours entertainment and although it's tiny in comparison to some of my cash table exploits, I couldn't take the smile of my face. Over the next few days, I continued to play the freerolls and on Friday, I entered the 100 point Primo Freeroll, finishing 14th to get seat into the event on Sunday. After playing some of my best poker in months (and little luck along the way) I cashed in 30th for £105 - although the money is always welcome, it wasn't the important factor in my enjoyment of the game so after months of just playing for the sake of it, I'd finally got my mojo back and it's great!  Yesterday, like yourself, I entered the Omaha freerolls and bubbled in both the 3pm and 5pm tournaments - although I missed out on the Bounty Hunter, I loved every minute so to touch upon your original post, I've now played only freerolls for 15 days and turned 350 points into £126!
    Posted by Action_Dan
    N1 Dan and glad you posted too!  Whilst its a wide held view that poker points should be worth more, they do afford all of us the opportunity to go back to basics. I totally agree you about the worth of enjoying what you are doing - the achievement of placing in a freeroll far outweighs the cash value. The way I have won this 136 quid means it has more worth than the 1850 quid I got when I won the Five 00.  I aim to continue the "buzz" by playing poker well rather than playing at a financial level - so I will definitely being playing more freerolls.
  • edited December 2009
    well done mate, i started with my 15 bucks at beginning of month, took out 70 last night and stll hav 70 in my account,
    great when we all get free money lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Whats 10 sky poker points worth?:
    well done mate, i started with my 15 bucks at beginning of month, took out 70 last night and stll hav 70 in my account, great when we all get free money lol
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Hmmmmmm free money.... arrrrgggggg
  • edited December 2009
    Just edged over the 400 mark - broke the BR management and got away with it... was on a take 50% profit play 50% policy but it was getting outta hand - back down the ladder now to consolidate :-)