You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4th best flush facing all in (omaha)

edited October 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
katiegir16Small blind £0.50£0.50£47.87
littlepipsBig blind £0.50£1.00£218.17
 Your hole cards

XCall £0.50£1.50£38.15
F_IvanovicRaise £2.00£3.50£89.77
katiegir16Fold    
littlepipsCall £1.50£5.00£216.67
XCall £1.50£6.50£36.65
Flop

• J

littlepipsCheck    
XCheck    
F_IvanovicBet £4.00£10.50£85.77
littlepipsFold    
XCall £4.00£14.50£32.65
Turn

XCheck    
F_IvanovicBet £7.00£21.50£78.77
XAll-in £32.65£54.15£0.00

OK so I opened fairly loose but given I'm OTB with only one limper before me I don't think it's a mistake as I'll isolate most of the time to 2/3 way. Flop as best as I could hope with bottom 2 pair, a flush draw and a gutter. Turn I decide betting for value vs this guy is fine, until he decides to shove on me! Now what? I have 6 outs if I'm behind but if I'm ahead they're probably drawing very thin.

Only notes I have on them is that they will chase non-nut flushes. I also vaguely seem to remember that they might have shoved in a similar spot and not exactly turned up with the nuts. 

Comments

• edited October 2013

The call would have to be player specific - otherwise it's an easy fold

• edited October 2013
    Anyone else want to add anything or is it just far too read dependant? I mean given my reads on player would that make you want to call?
  • edited October 2013
    Tempted but would fold.

The tipping point is the fact that it is a check raise all-in which just feels super strong.

Chances are they have nut hand and may well be drawing to higher FHs than you.

Unless that player regularly comes over the top light it has to be a fold.
  • edited October 2013
    I think you'l struggle to find many people on here who know what they are talking about when it comes to omaha.  I certainly dont.  You have a much better idea than me!
  • edited October 2013
    *** DISCLAIMER ***

I am certainly not an Omaha expert.

The beauty of these threads is that all contributors can benefit from posting their opinions and joining the debate

I will post an opinion if I really believe I can help a poster, or if it is an interesting hand and I want some feedback on the line I would take.

I would definitely class this one as the latter.

• edited October 2013
    [SPOILER] Villain had 6 high flush. Pretty much had 4 random cards and only a 6 high FD otf [/SPOILER]

edit: That didn't work lol! Oh well. I thought it was close but I seem to remember seeing him jam OTT before without a flush on a flush board (albeit not as much behind) - and I also thought he might slow play a nut flush here.
  • edited October 2013

6 flush? Did they think it was PLO8?

So call was correct wp - and was definitely player specific!