You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

are thetables getting looser

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

cbetting bluffing and the simple folds now don't seem to be occurring as much on the micro tables i'm on.
tables seem to be getting looser and more aggressive.
as I have just returned and with it being quite a while ago when I was last on a nl4 table it might be that they don't know me so well.

but with it now being autumn and because the days are getting dark earlier I wonder if the case could be that now is the time of year when tables are just looser and have more players who play poker as a fun thing.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Craig most people that play 4nl are just playing for fun.

If people do not fold to continuation bets, then stop continuation betting (every hand) unless you want a call. The hands where you want a call, and are confident you are getting called, bet big. If you are happy that they will call with anything and are willing to get it in bet 3/4 pot or pot all 3 streets.

Sometimes you need to adjust to the table dynamic. You do not need to continuation bet 100% of the time.

You will know after 15 minutes the players that are always going to call. You will also know the other players that will fold a good amount ofthe time.

The people that want to call with any junk (if you have a value hand) just bet bet bet get it in.