You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FLASH NEWS!

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

Having worked the Show last night, I was keen to see who won the PRIMO.

Thanks to Gary QQQ's incred thread, this was the list of cashees, almost a "Who's Who" of Sky Poker regulars.....

FlashFlush6660001st/222£2981.46
TommyD02£1779.33
jordz1603£1061.16
anglerfish04£834.72
gez_bear05£710.40
watto8406£594.96
pokervis2007£480.63
bar400408£366.30
CharlieF2909£263.07
TRANICK010£263.07
Landlord011£183.15
ryan83012£183.15
DivsDreams013£155.40
sam1986014£133.20
brimicombe015£133.20
mewillows016£133.20
GliterBabe017£133.20
evelyn1956018£122.10
HullCheat019£122.10
Poker-Mon3020£122.10
manutd1999021£122.10
offshoot022£111
touchsmart023£111
Hornet80024
TommyD had been Monsta Chippie from a long way out, & as one of the most popular & successful guys here (as well as amongst the most successful MTT players here) he's also been a great friend to me, so part of me wanted to see him TID with the MOF.

But it was not to be, & dearest Charles, aka FlashFlush, eventually got the lot.

He had sort of struggled all the way last night, with a sort of "mini-playable stack", but the lad never gives up, & it seems he got there.

I might be wrong, but I think FlashFlush was amongst the original intake of Sky Poker players back in February 2007, or very soon after, & he's been here ever since, & Sky Poker has, I think, always been his "main" site. Lot of water flowed under his bridge since then, too, think he now has 17 children.

He used to follow the poker Yellow Brick Road, but of late, he's "found his comfort zone", plays mainly smaller stuff, & has, I believe, come to the point where he now enjoys his poker much more than he ever used to.

He's a smashing lad, too, rarely has a bad word for anyone, & a proper man, who does not tattle behind backs.

Well done Charles, delighted for you.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Congratulations, Flash - and Tommy, for getting it in with 99 against my QQ and spiking the 9 on the turn, giving you a much needed double up and effectively knocking me out of the tournament two thirds of the way in!

...but I'm not bitter :D

Well done everyone - the Primo is a great tournament.

Brian
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks Tikay!

Nice write up, and yeah I think you're right I am enjoying poker more now. I'm still not playing 'low' stakes as such, still play about £50 - £60 worth of MTTs each night and when I play cash I play between 30 and 50nl so still some healthy money invovled.

It was great to get HU with Tommy, he's such a genuinely nice guy and it just shows in this game of "Luck" that the same names keep popping up near the top. This was actually the 2nd time I've won the Primo in 5 weeks, as I won it on the 8th Spetember as well! (After waititng 5/6 years to win my first one)

As a lot of people know, I split up wit my partner 3 weeks ago, we had been together 8 years and has been my only meaningful relationship as we got together when I was 18! So this is great timing for me. :-)
  • edited October 2013
    Well done FF and what a fantasic rail with the Jackpot hit again it was buzzin better than watchin Sheff U on a Saturday afternoon (well most things are nower days lol).
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FLASH NEWS!:
    Thanks Tikay! Nice write up, and yeah I think you're right I am enjoying poker more now. I'm still not playing 'low' stakes as such, still play about £50 - £60 worth of MTTs each night and when I play cash I play between 30 and 50nl so still some healthy money invovled. It was great to get HU with Tommy, he's such a genuinely nice guy and it just shows in this game of "Luck" that the same names keep popping up near the top. This was actually the 2nd time I've won the Primo in 5 weeks, as I won it on the 8th Spetember as well! (After waititng 5/6 years to win my first one) As a lot of people know, I split up wit my partner 3 weeks ago, we had been together 8 years and has been my only meaningful relationship as we got together when I was 18! So this is great timing for me. :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    2nd time in 5 weeks? Good grief!

Talk about bossing it.

Guess you are now nicely 'rolled for all the Double Guarantee Main Events this week, & all being well, the UKOPS Fessie.

I was not aware you'd had some "domestic", & I'm sorry to hear it, or sort of sorry. We all live but once, & we just can't afford to waste time if we are unhappy. Hope it all works out for the best for both of you.  
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FLASH NEWS!:
    In Response to Re: FLASH NEWS! : 2nd time in 5 weeks? Good grief! Talk about bossing it. Guess you are now nicely 'rolled for all the Double Guarantee Main Events this week, & all being well, the UKOPS Fessie. I was not aware you'd had some "domestic", & I'm sorry to hear it, or sort of sorry. We all live but once, & we just can't afford to waste time if we are unhappy. Hope it all works out for the best for both of you.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha, ha. Great bit of subtle promotion ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    nice one, life after run bad does excist - enjoy it

• edited October 2013
    A superb double, highly impressive considering the strength of the field, very well played.
  • edited October 2013
    The best thing about getting to an SPT or two is that you get to meet the TommyD and Flashflushes of skypoker. What nice guys they both are (when not stealing my blinds) and great that they should be getting the results.

vwp both

ps tommy - I've been working on protecting my blinds a bit better so it won't be quite so easy for you next time (if only)
  • edited October 2013
    Oh forgot to say that it seems to apply to the majority of the peeps you meet at SPTs. whether presenter, analyst, player or railer. Even if some get a little carried away at times. Such fun and genuinely nice people. And regardless of what Tikay might say, even Orford!
  • edited October 2013
    Very Well done Flash, there was a great rail and it was great to see so many familiar names on the final 2 tables
  • edited October 2013
    very well done FlashFlush and TommyD :):):) xxx