You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why cant all the sats be the same structure as the super sats???

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I dont understand the reason why sky cant slow the structure down to the structure of the super sats ??? The sats on this site are absolute bingo and I beleive this puts alot of players off because they loose there edge !!! Would it not be possible to put on 2 different formats ?? turbo sats and slower sats ?????

Comments

• edited October 2013
    I must admit, I do dislike the satellites - I never do well in them. Ever! I end up buying straight into whichever event I want to play.
  • edited October 2013
    Agreed, these super sats are soooo much better than the 3 min bingo ones, & looks like they're proving very popular :)
  • edited October 2013
    There's been several threads about in the past.

As I've stated before I almost never enter sats because of the bingo structure. In my opinion skill edges are blunted to the extent that it's almost impossible to beat the rake (which gets taken from both your entry fee and your prize).

Sats are a great earner for the site; each seat filled by a satellite qualifier earns at least twice as much rake as a direct buy-in. I've nothing against players with a small roll using sats to take a shot if they so choose, but if you can afford a direct buy-in that's the more sensible option imo.
  • edited October 2013
    I havent played in a while but if you're complaining about turbo sats then i 100% disagree. 

I also 100% disagree with GaryQQQ. 

There is a huge skill edge in turbo sats, even as quick as 1 min levels. The 3 min levels i completely crush. 

If you can't beat em then adapt. Its a skill game. 

Also if they have more turbos, more can play and fill throughout the day. More rake and the morwe we can play to balance the variance.