You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

EPT London - Sky people

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Ryan made it through Day 1A in 45th of the 105 qualifiers with a slightly smaller than average stack of 59.100. Can't see Julian in the list of qualifiers, but then I couldn't see him in the list of starters either.

Day 1b today

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Great to see Ryan has come through and is now recognised face on the UK circuit and not just on Skypoker! Keep it up mate.
  • edited October 2013
    ryan ?????????????????????
  • edited October 2013

Yeah, well done Ryan - hopefully you can run deep. Remember: flush beats a straight :)

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: EPT London - Sky people:
    ryan ?????????????????????
    Posted by K8LOU
    Hi K8,

Ryan Spittles, "scotty77".
  • edited October 2013
    n1 ryan - saving the run good for when it counts

afaik yoyo is playing 1b ie today
  • edited October 2013
    Yep. Julian is playing Day 1B, a star-studded field if ever I saw one.

From the British contingent alone, Yoyo is joined by Chris Brammer, Vicky Coren, Sam Grafton, David Ulliott, Chris Moorman, Toby Lewis, Neil Channing, Liv Boeree, Martins Adeniya, Barny Boatman, Stephen Chidwick,
    David Vamplew, Nik Persaud and James Dempsey

From outside this country, Jesse Sylvia, Russell Thomas, Vanessa Selbst, Joe Cada, Barry Greenstein, Michael Mizrachi, Michiel Brummelhuis, Jason Mercier, Chris Moneymaker, Jackie Glazier, Marcel Luske, John Juanda, Elky, Gaelle Baumann, Daniel Negreanu, Dario Minieri and Sylvain Loosli - so two WSOP ME champions plus two of this year's November Nine. The winner of the High Roller event at the festival. Martin Finger was also in the field but he has been busted

Last update I've seen of our hero was that he was up to 36K from starting Stack of 30K but as with nirmal on these "live" updates that could be hours behind.
  • edited October 2013
    Just noticed David Benefield's name there too, so that's three of this year's November Nine playing today

Still no more news on Julian
  • edited October 2013
    Technically not a sky player but has played on Sky my uncle Willie, and loyal TKP member qualified via a live sat after busting the UKIPT. 

He was sat on Jake Cody's table from which i've seen on twitter was deemed a table of death. Can't remember who was all on it off hand but i could find out, although giant posted this tweet on willie's wall. 

Vladimir Geshkenbein @PKR_Beyn 3m
    Playing the EPT Main Event.. toughest starting table ever. Jake cody, Sorel Mizzi and Jamie Roberts & some other pro's 

So i would like to congradulate him again. (he made day 2 with 51,500)

Also well done to Ryan and anyother Sky guys
  • edited October 2013
    Julian had chipped up to 55K as of the last update, about half an hour ago
  • edited October 2013
    Unofficially, Julian has ended day 1 with 61,800 - looks like a reasonably steady progression all day. None of this yoyo stuff!
  • edited October 2013
    Just got word, 

Ryan and my uncle sat next to eachother for day 2. 

34, 1, Toby Lewis, UK, 30,700
    34, 2, Samir Moukawem, Lebanon, PokerStars qualifier, 51,400
    34, 3, Dario Sammartino, Italy, 28,700
    34, 4, Panu Heikki Miettinen, Finland, PokerStars player, 32,100
    34, 5, Richard Toth, Hungary, Team PokerStars Pro, 30,000
    34, 6, William Zane Elliot, UK, Live Satellite, 51,500
    34, 7, Ryan Spittles, UK, PokerStars qualifier, 59,100
    34, 8, Emil Mattsson, Sweden, 13,400
    34, 9, Andoni Larrabe, Spain, PokerStars player, 59,300
  • edited October 2013
    yes got thru with the same stack as ryan, i'd said i'd be happy with 60 in the bag so no complaints

will stick a couple of hands/observations up in my diary

tx for the rail!
  • edited October 2013
    Early Day 2 eliminations include Nik Persaud. Luke Schwarz, Liv Boeree, Barny Boatman, Michael Mizrachi and the player I beleive to be The Don90's uncle.

No news on Ryan or Julian yet.
  • edited October 2013
    Ryan unfortunately bust according to his twitter account
  • edited October 2013
    Yoyo just been shown on the stream (complete with sky patch) :)
  • edited October 2013
    Julian now up to 130K after eliminating Noah Boeken, slightly above average
  • edited October 2013
    Just seen that Carlo is also still in, and playing on the secondary feature table. He needs a double up fairly sharpish though as he is on about 61K.

Last level of the day, 1200/2400/300ante
  • edited October 2013
    Man Down! - Thewy busted right near the end of the night.

The live stream commentators having a bit of fun with Carlo - remarking he doesn't have the "rich mahogany veneer" that he ususally has! He baaged up just over 100K, about two-thirds of the average at the end of Day 2.

107 left, 87 get paid.
  • edited October 2013

Hi FCHD - these Updates are much appreciated by many of us, thanks.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks Tikay, it can be tricky sometimes to do posts like these without either a) referring too much to other sites and b) maintining the copyright of content on other sites. Hence no hand descriptions or anything, just bare chip count updates.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: EPT London - Sky people:
    Thanks Tikay, it can be tricky sometimes to do posts like these without either a) referring too much to other sites and b) maintining the copyright of content on other sites. Hence no hand descriptions or anything, just bare chip count updates.
    Posted by FCHD
    Very much so, but you walk that fine line with great skill & tact, traits which very few possess.

Communities & Forums are divided into givers & takers.

Some go to much effort to make stuff fresh, interesting, & original - the givers. Some just come for a chunter, & to mock others. The takers.

Each, of course, have exactly the same right to be here.

I have a weird way of trying to gauge my affection or respect for Forum Posters.

"Would I invite them round for Tea, on Sunday"?

Problem is, I doubt any would accept.....

I do think this Community has improved markedly, as to mood & tone, in the last few weeks. A pleasure to peruse, of late.  

• edited October 2013
    yes afraid i went out right at the end of the day raise/called off 20bb w JJ v mike watsons AQ...gonna update my diary shortly, gd to see carlo still in,

debating whether to hit edinburgh tomorrow for the gps...
  • edited October 2013
    65 left, Carlo still in. Last chip count was 110K, so pretty short stacked, but that hasn't been updated for ages.

Current payout level is just over £10 grand.
  • edited October 2013
    Well into the money then hope Carlo does well and thanks FCHD for the updates.
  • edited October 2013
    Bad news I'm afraid, Carlo was short-stacked just before the last break of the day, went all in aith A2 and got called by AQ, both players hit their kicker and Carlo hit the rail.